Re: X-Life ver 1.1 (r1, ++)

ilankrt wrote:

Second test flight KSAN -KSFO
KSFO: busy airport traffic. FM car brought me to an occupied parking lot.

Need be sure what you use the same scenery what linked at Map and need be sure what "No-static" scenery installed (if exist). Cause Gate may be busy with static aircraft (plugin cant see static aircraft if it  just a scenery object)

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

27 (edited by ilankrt 2016-05-31 09:52:45)

lanmancz wrote:
ilankrt wrote:

if so there is a  need to subscribe "Navigraph Charts" for getting actual data

Not really. There is some default old data shipped with xplane. I believe xlife uses whatever data you have installed. But let's face it - if you are flying airliners a lot you are going to get some data update eventually because if your flight planning tool is using dataset A, Xplane (and therefore xlife) is using dataset B and your FMC in the airplane is using dataset C you are going to have discrepancies and you're going to find out that is just not worth the trouble fixing the routes all the time and will want to have them synced at some point. But you don't even need a subscription - I believe they also offer some one-time deals for a cycle for a couple of $ when you can download all the data you need to just sync your tools. Personally I use the subscription as I like the service a lot.

ilankrt wrote:

Using "Simbrief.com" is very problematic for many reasons.

I'm using it for all my flights with xlife without any problems what so ever.

In fact I have subscribed since a long time ago "Navigraph Charts". You mentioned an important basic problem - the synchronization of NAV data base. To eliminate the problem of A, B, C, you mentioned there is only one way - to use on both sides, sim pilots on one side and apps or plugin developer on the other side the same data set and this can only mean the continues newest AIRAC charts.

I am aware about the costs for the subscriptions but there is no other way way to get data sets under one hat!

So I see two problems to solve:

1. concerning the data set of XL (JAR has to get permission from Navigraph...)
2. To bind into XL ATC the appropriate Plan Routes. I mentioned "Online Flight Planner" as a source, because its routes relays on the newest AIRAC charts!  (I don't know until this moment what is the present XL source for flight route data)

Doing so will also solve the wish to get different APPR for a specific RWY

BTW if I said that "Sim Brief" is problematic, I meant about binding it into XL program..... (but please look at the announcement on the main side "using the default AIRAC 1503 cycle for all briefing" ! - we actually got this month AIRAC 1606)

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

28 (edited by lanmancz 2016-05-31 11:37:53)

ilankrt wrote:

BTW if I said that "Sim Brief" is problematic, I meant about binding it into XL program..... (but please look at the announcement on the main side "using the default AIRAC 1503 cycle for all briefing" ! - we actually got this month AIRAC 1606)

Well this is a bit OT here but nope. You can actually unlock new data in your simbrief account if you have navigraph subscription like I do (they both work together and you can link your accounts so it gets automatically updated every time new cycle is released). The 1503 is the default data that simbrief provides for people for free if they don't have the sub. And it's what I was talking about (and you too). It just becomes too much of a PITA so eventually you will get the sub anyway.

Also I doubt that Navigraph is going to provide anyone with their data for free as that is their business. I think that Xlife uses the data you have in Xplane so if you have the default data it will use those or you can get the sub and update your Xplane DB to newest. I don't think Xlife relies on any custom dataset therefore no need to update anything in Xlife, just get update for the Xplane DB (+the planning tool and the FMC as those usually use custom DB). My point was that this is something outside of Xlife scope.

Would it be possible to have a look at XL handling of GA aircraft flying below 10,000'?
When I file a FP for a GA aircraft only going to 8000' I always get cleared to 11,500'. I never reach that alt. and I never get contacted by ATC again.
Thanks

Chaps wrote:

Would it be possible to have a look at XL handling of GA aircraft flying below 10,000'?
When I file a FP for a GA aircraft only going to 8000' I always get cleared to 11,500'. I never reach that alt. and I never get contacted by ATC again.
Thanks

Good day,
this is a good question and I am guessing since, JAR is the developer but I would say it might be down the road...
this is something that is a need addition to XL as GA aircraft are part of the XP world.

thank-you for the input,
Happy Flying,
Brian

Good day,
while most of you are blogging on the X-Life, I am having to answer some of the harder  questions along with JAR.

Happy Flying,
Brian

Frypilot
Frypilot  21
Replied: 2 hours ago · Report
have jardesign approved my version of KMIA, I only see the payware one on the map

captbullett
captbullett  271
Replied: 3 minutes ago · Report
Good day,

Yes, someone else has taken control of the scenery development and wanted pay-ware KMIA in the place of your work I was overruled so, you know the rest of the story but your airport can still be used as a X-Life  airport it still Very good to use since, X-Life needs all the developers to add the taxiways that way, X-Life is able to be use at all the X-Plane 3D airports ...

Right now there is a 50/50 on the freeware / payware  mix ...

Thank-you for your help on the project and I hope you will do more work.

Thank-you for you help,

Brian

lanmancz wrote:
ilankrt wrote:

Well this is a bit OT here but nope. You can actually unlock new data in your simbrief account if you have navigraph subscription like I do (they both work together and you can link your accounts so it gets automatically updated every time new cycle is released). The 1503 is the default data that simbrief provides for people for free if they don't have the sub. And it's what I was talking about (and you too). It just becomes too much of a PITA so eventually you will get the sub anyway.

Also I doubt that Navigraph is going to provide anyone with their data for free as that is their business. I think that Xlife uses the data you have in Xplane so if you have the default data it will use those or you can get the sub and update your Xplane DB to newest. I don't think Xlife relies on any custom dataset therefore no need to update anything in Xlife, just get update for the Xplane DB (+the planning tool and the FMC as those usually use custom DB). My point was that this is something outside of Xlife scope.

What about route plan in XL flight Plan ......

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

33 (edited by lanmancz 2016-05-31 16:55:06)

ilankrt wrote:

Well since the data is the same I can just copy the plan that simbrief generates for me and paste it into Xlife. I always create a txt flightplan file with all waypoints simply copied directly from simbrief (I adjust the format a bit with SID and STAR keyword before the first and last waypoint) and load the txt into Xlife while filing the flight plan (there's the "load txt" button). But it really works without any problems. The key is to have the data in sync of course as we discussed.

Like this - this is an example of route that I often fly. I remove the suggested SIDs and STARs from simbrief so I can select those according to ATC instructions so the route to first and from last waypoint is "DCT" otherwise there would be actual SID. But I make it this way so Xlife can tell me which rwy and SID/STAR I should use according to current weather (which simbrief also takes in to account but I let Xlife decide) :

Simbrief.com wrote:

LKPR/06 DCT DOBEN P861 RUDAP P31 BARIX UP31 DOSEL UP994 DETSA UY106 NIKMA T369 RITEB DCT LIRF/07

LKPRLIRF.txt wrote:

LKPR SID DOBEN P861 RUDAP P31 BARIX UP31 DOSEL UP994 DETSA UY106 NIKMA T369 RITEB STAR LIRF

Good day,

I know most of you won't listen anyway so, I am only posting this for the people that want the data and I am not here to argue with any one you can take the information or not.

So, I use only one Flight planner  it will give you any type of flight plan and any data set you need so there is no need to use any other. I also have it straight from a pilot that this site is the closes thing to a real Flight plan and is the best sight to use when Flight planning X-Plane.

the website; http://onlineflightplanner.org

Now, you can have the JAR output the XP out put for a Flight plan so, what I am saying there are different types of outputted Flight plans to fit your aircraft's MCDU. or you can have the stock GNS 430/530 Flight plan outputted.

Next, you can also have an Adobe PDF file outputted and download the file also, this way you can keep it on file and re-fly the rout or, make changes to the route at a later date.

Now, this is what I use this flight planner just for that reason because, you can download the PDF file and save it then change the flight plan and turn it into the txt file you need for the JAR aircraft ... and if you also have the Navigraph Cloud charts than you can pick the SID's and STAR's needed this is just so very easy once you have a system set-up and in place on your computer.

Since, this is the only way I have found to have real control over the flight planning and the X-Life ATC control ... It just works and you can think of other ways but this is the easiest way. and please contribute to the flight planning.org if you do start to use it thank-you so very much,
captbullett

35 (edited by lanmancz 2016-05-31 18:29:31)

captbullett wrote:

Yeah http://onlineflightplanner.org/ is nice but depending on which aircraft you fly you can still run into trouble if the data cycle that you have in Xplane and data that the FMC of the aircraft you're flying is using is not the same (as mostly the advanced airliners are shipped with independent DBs - so now you have to manage 3 separate data sets). If you're flying planes with the built-in Xplane garmin then you will be fine I guess as you can select the cycle you need in the http://onlineflightplanner.org/ but juggling 3 of these with more advanced aircraft might prove frustrating, that's why people subscribe to those update services like Navigraph (+ they provide really nice maps :-)).

BTW: If you don't know http://www.simbrief.com I highly recommend trying it. It's free (running on donations and they really deserve them!) and it can do MUCH more than just give you a simple route. It can generate a full flightplan that actually looks quite realistic. I use it for all my airliner flights.

This is how the simbrief flighplans look like (interactive sample from the online user guide, the actual one is a PDF that you download):
http://www.simbrief.com/system/guide.php#ofpsample

Chaps wrote:

Thanks

All this cant happen in one moment. We plan develop plugin step-by-step. Sure, a lot of people fly GA at sim and expect some ATC control. I know that. I hope will time for that.

37 (edited by captbullett 2016-05-31 20:41:23)

Moderator: Please X-Life only here!

Moderator: Please X-Life only here!

39 (edited by Acei 2016-06-01 07:21:37)

Still having problems in EIDW.  Got taxi clearance to RWY10 which is the active.  The problem I was getting previously was when I go to cross 16/34. 

As I approached, a plane which was stopped on the taxiway entered 16/34 and moved to the 28/10 end.  As it entered the runway, I was instructed to hold.  The offending plane then turned around and started to accelerate on 34 as though it was going to take off.  It wasn't even following the runway and entered the grass.  It didn't take off and stopped dead at the end of 34.

As with the previous version of XL, it started turning in circles.  In the meantime, I'm left sitting there as the runway isn't clear.  Picture below showing my A330 and the offending plane at the far end of 34.

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/683/t/p1ak49vkofcpv3fe16h91v3n2ed3.png

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 71.42 kb, 296 downloads since 2016-06-01 

40 (edited by ilankrt 2016-05-31 22:32:47)

lanmancz wrote:
ilankrt wrote:

Well since the data is the same I can just copy the plan that simbrief generates for me and paste it into Xlife. I always create a txt flightplan file with all waypoints simply copied directly from simbrief (I adjust the format a bit with SID and STAR keyword before the first and last waypoint) and load the txt into Xlife while filing the flight plan (there's the "load txt" button). But it really works without any problems. The key is to have the data in sync of course as we discussed.

Like this - this is an example of route that I often fly. I remove the suggested SIDs and STARs from simbrief so I can select those according to ATC instructions so the route to first and from last waypoint is "DCT" otherwise there would be actual SID. But I make it this way so Xlife can tell me which rwy and SID/STAR I should use according to current weather (which simbrief also takes in to account but I let Xlife decide) :

Simbrief.com wrote:

LKPR/06 DCT DOBEN P861 RUDAP P31 BARIX UP31 DOSEL UP994 DETSA UY106 NIKMA T369 RITEB DCT LIRF/07

LKPRLIRF.txt wrote:

LKPR SID DOBEN P861 RUDAP P31 BARIX UP31 DOSEL UP994 DETSA UY106 NIKMA T369 RITEB STAR LIRF

That is exactly what I did on my last flight!

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/1591/t/p1ak4embjs1cfba5t1kdt1eso1mcn3.jpg

Test flight KSFO - KSAN , A330 stable version, XL v.1rc, iMac27

Great flight - no crash

KSFO : After I downloaded the prepared version, I compared it with my purchased "GOLDEN_GATE+SOUTH_BAY_150_XP-10" and it seems to be a "poor" design. So I installed my purchased one and to my surprise it works with XL perfectly. Air and Taxi ways traffic is functioning as it should be, and even FM car brought me safe to runway.....

KSAN: Also great scenery but very poor AI traffic...

Using flight plan downloaded from "Online Flight Planner" and imported into XL Flight Plan (KSFOKSAN.txt) enable correct  FMC programming.....

I have the feeling that  the JAR development made an important step forward.

BTW,  who wants to accompany me on my next flights:
KSAN - KLAS
KLAS - KPDX
KPDX - CYVR 
and change information about our test flights?

42 (edited by captbullett 2016-05-31 22:59:36)

Acei wrote:

Still having problems in EIDW.  Got taxi clearance to RWY10 which is the active.  The problem I was getting previously was when I go to cross 16/34. 

As I approached, a plane which was stopped on the taxiway entered 16/34 and moved to the 28/10 end.  As it entered the runway, I was instructed to hold.  The offending plane then turned around and started to accelerate on 34 as though it was going to take off.  It wasn't even following the runway and entered the grass.  It didn't take off and stopped dead at the end of 34.

As with the previous version of XL, it started turning in circles.  In the meantime, I'm left sitting there as the runway isn't clear.  Picture below showing my A330 and the offending plane at the far end of 34.

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/683/t/p1ak49vkofcpv3fe16h91v3n2ed3.png

Good day,

yes we still get one of these anomies once and a while and this is why I have asked for a log txt  it helps track this issues so JAR can stop the issue.

Brian

Thank You, Nice to know it will come when time permits.

J.A.Romanov wrote:
Chaps wrote:

Thanks

All this cant happen in one moment. We plan develop plugin step-by-step. Sure, a lot of people fly GA at sim and expect some ATC control. I know that. I hope will time for that.

44 (edited by captbullett 2016-06-01 03:27:08)

ilankrt wrote:

Test flight KSFO - KSAN , A330 stable version, XL v.1rc, iMac27

Great flight - no crash

KSFO : After I downloaded the prepared version, I compared it with my purchased "GOLDEN_GATE+SOUTH_BAY_150_XP-10" and it seems to be a "poor" design. So I installed my purchased one and to my surprise it works with XL perfectly. Air and Taxi ways traffic is functioning as it should be, and even FM car brought me safe to runway.....

KSAN: Also great scenery but very poor AI traffic...

Using flight plan downloaded from "Online Flight Planner" and imported into XL Flight Plan (KSFOKSAN.txt) enable correct  FMC programming.....

I have the feeling that  the JAR development made an important step forward.

BTW,  who wants to accompany me on my next flights:
KSAN - KLAS
KLAS - KPDX
KPDX - CYVR 
and change information about our test flights?

Good day,

Ok there are several moving parts to KSFO scenery you have the part you are talking about then you have MisterX6 scenery pack (Free scenery pack )and with the two that go together, you should have a very extensive scenery pack that is very good it has a blimp flying also a aircraft that is towing a banner... it's not that JAR has taken steps forward it's just that you are learning how to work your flight simulator and if you would listen in stead of putting peoples work down you would get even more help.

Ps, there is a very specific order to this scenery and I will post it as soon as I change computers as you have to work on the .int file and I will post a JPG. The JPG shows the order of the scenery pack for the Mac.

So here is the order of scenery and the (.int file order) for the KSFO scenery;

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - San Francisco Cable Cars/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - San Francisco V2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - Traffic Golden Gate Bridge/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - Traffic Oakland Bay Bridge/

Happy Flying,
captbullett

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 11.24.03 PM.jpg 65.86 kb, 163 downloads since 2016-05-31 

45 (edited by captbullett 2016-06-01 03:51:32)

Good day,

report;
CTD when changing a runway at KBOS this is the first time I have tried this airport so, I have heard that there were issues at this airport and so I am not worried about this..

here is the data on this.. CTD ;

thank-you and
Happy Flying,
captbullett

Post's attachments

Attachment icon bbox_log.txt 5.47 kb, 273 downloads since 2016-05-31 

Attachment icon CTD X-Life May 31:2016 KBOS:KORD.txt 60.6 kb, 271 downloads since 2016-05-31 

Attachment icon Log.txt 50.63 kb, 334 downloads since 2016-05-31 

Good day,

this kinda CTD does  make sense

XL: 2267 : JARDesign plugin error: Couldn't resolve host name
XL: 2267 : JARDesign plugin error: Couldn't resolve host name

and yes I do know exactly what it means.

captbullett

captbullett wrote:

Good day,

yes we still get one of these anomies once and a while and this is why I have asked for a log txt  it helps track this issues so JAR can stop the issue.

Brian

Thanks Brian.  Log.txt now inserted in original post.

J.A.Romanov wrote:
laohu314 wrote:

For one of the future versions, would it be possible to also request a different runway for landing?

not runway, but approach I think. One runway usually have several approaches.

Ok, I just test it with several flights. For v.1.2b1 Pilot may request Runway for Landing on TOC report stage and Init contact w/Approach stage. Sure, now, if no ILS approach avail for selected Runway, another kind of approach (RNAV->VOR->NDB->Visual - depend of Charts/procedures data) will be given.

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/22/t/p1ak5i6s5d11121b7e2121kgomi23.jpg

ATC text look like this:
XL: 2698 : > Pilot: DUBLIN INTL Approach ,JAR123, Request Runway 34 for Landing
XL: 2698 : > ATC: JAR123, Expect BAGS1K arrival, RNAV approach Runway 34, descend to FL 60
XL: 2698 : > Pilot: Descending to FL60, expect BAGS1K arrival, RNAV approach Runway 34, JAR123
XL: 2698 : > ATC: JAR123, Descend to 2500 feet, QNH 1013, transition level FL 50
XL: 2698 : > Pilot: Descending to 2500 feet, QNH 1013, transition level FL50, JAR123
XL: 2698 : > ATC: JAR123, cleared for RNAV approach Runway 34, report established
XL: 2698 : > Pilot: Cleared for RNAV approach Runway 34, will report established, JAR123
XL: 2698 : > Pilot: Established Runway 34, JAR123
XL: 2698 : > ATC: JAR123, continue approach
XL: 2698 : > Pilot: Continue approach, JAR123
XL: 2698 : > ATC: JAR123, contact Tower 123.450
XL: 2698 : > Pilot: 123.45, JAR123
XL: 2698 : > Pilot: DUBLIN INTL Tower ,JAR123 with you, RNAV approach runway 34
XL: 2698 : > ATC: JAR123, Cleared to land Runway 34, wind 2 degrees 0 knots
XL: 2698 : > Pilot: Cleared to land Runway 34, JAR123

lanmancz wrote:
captbullett wrote:

Now how long are we going to go on with this and you are not going to change anyone's mind nor is this a site to promote other products but when you start in I wanted to point to another product that I know works also.

Wow, seriously ? Well first of all I pointed out in the very first of my posts that it's OT here and I didn't really want to start this discussion but the other guy asked and I didn't see any harm in discussing a related topic in a thread in "General Discussion forum"?). Second I am no way promoting any products, I was just sharing my good experience with a flight planning tool since the topic we were talking about was flight planning tools that can be used with Xlife. Also it's funny that you accuse me of "promoting products" but it's apparently okay when you do it. But whatever man, I was just actually trying to be friendly but I really see (even after our last exchange that was removed, as this one will be) that you really are an arrogant prick. But don't worry, I will certainly not be bothering you here anymore. Goodbye.

captbullett wrote:

And having independent data means when one aircraft is down not all your aircraft are broken you still have aircraft that can fly until you have a fix on the aircraft that the data needed fixing.

Sorry but you seem to have no idea what are you talking about and completely missing my points.

captbullett wrote:

When I am in the cockpit I'm flying not looking at simbreef as the MCDU and the instruments have been set-up in pre-flight and I am confident that I can navigate the route I have set-up  in the pre-flight set-up... and using the Navigraph cloud maps I have everything that I need in the map department...then it's flight management ... on the simulator ... for us armchair pilots ...

Again, completely missing what I was talking about.

Bye.

I want to ask all colleagues never discuss personalities in any way here. This forum is not about personalities but about aircraft, plugins, etc. Exactly this - about X-Life traffic. Thank a lot smile

50 (edited by ilankrt 2016-06-01 13:40:07)

JAR

is v.1.2b1 out already? and in connection to your last remarks I would like to add that there mast be an end to BLA-BLA
addendums
that only distract from discussions about important issues and problems!!

Enough is enough !!