Re: X-Life ver 1.1 (r1, ++)

del

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

Question:

In the X-Life settings panel, it gives us the option of Selected Aircraft with the buttons Select and Unselect. I tried selecting C172 and it still gives all the other types of planes. Is the C172 an option?

Is someone able to answer this?

john82088 wrote:

Question:

In the X-Life settings panel, it gives us the option of Selected Aircraft with the buttons Select and Unselect. I tried selecting C172 and it still gives all the other types of planes. Is the C172 an option?

Is someone able to answer this?

Are you referring to the gate editor? You can only select by wingspan length so other aircraft of similar wingspan length will also appear. However if you have the Bluebell packs installed and have the deluxe version of X-LIFE you can go to the aircraft editor tool and update what types of planes you want at your airports. You can add or delete txt files in the Custom Data folder of X-Plane

okay - thank you.

John

Immer wenn ich X-Plane 10 starte stützt es ab. Ich habe herausgefunden, dass es an X-Life liegt...Was kann ich tun???

Is there a way to select the altitude to be under 10,000?  Example, I tried selecting in the flight plan 2500 using 025 and it reverted to 20,000 feet.

X-Life still unusable for some people because FPS/CPU issue.
e.g. http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fo … nt=1050080

I'm wondering why no any reaction from Evgeny about the issue?

Hi all,

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue that having with XL.  I'm running XPlane and XLife on a Macbook Pro 2.3GHz i7, 16G of ram, and 2G Intel Iris Pro graphics card.
Using Sony 32" hdmi 60Hz TV as external monitor.

I have very few low end plugins like Xpassanger, Ground Handling, TugMaster running in the background.  My airport scenery is the freeware I got from Xlife compatibility map. No HD mash.

Flying the CRJ200 and IXEG 737 Classic.

Issue: 90+% of the time XLife crashes XPlane when I use XLife ATC.  XLife traffic by itself has no issues, no FPS lose, works great 100% of the time. 
The moment I request clearance from ATC, it usually crashes.  When it does not and I continue playing, there is a 50/50 chance that it will crash when I call TOD.
Every log.txt file after a crash states "XPlane crashed due to XLife".

Tried:
Narrowed it down to the ATC.  Again, traffic (ground and air, with or without bluebell work 100% without ever crashing).
Removed ALLl plusgins one by one.  Still crashes
Minimized rendering. Still crashes

Removed XLife but kept all other plugins with high rendering.  No issues, no crash.

Contacted XLife, great support but I think they are starting to run out of things to try as well.

So, has anyone heard or seen this issue?  Maybe my Macbook Pro is not powerful enough? Any thoughts or ideas of things to try next?

Thanks

Vlodek9 wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue that having with XL.  I'm running XPlane and XLife on a Macbook Pro 2.3GHz i7, 16G of ram, and 2G Intel Iris Pro graphics card.
Using Sony 32" hdmi 60Hz TV as external monitor.

I have very few low end plugins like Xpassanger, Ground Handling, TugMaster running in the background.  My airport scenery is the freeware I got from Xlife compatibility map. No HD mash.

Flying the CRJ200 and IXEG 737 Classic.

Issue: 90+% of the time XLife crashes XPlane when I use XLife ATC.  XLife traffic by itself has no issues, no FPS lose, works great 100% of the time. 
The moment I request clearance from ATC, it usually crashes.  When it does not and I continue playing, there is a 50/50 chance that it will crash when I call TOD.
Every log.txt file after a crash states "XPlane crashed due to XLife".

Tried:
Narrowed it down to the ATC.  Again, traffic (ground and air, with or without bluebell work 100% without ever crashing).
Removed ALLl plusgins one by one.  Still crashes
Minimized rendering. Still crashes

Removed XLife but kept all other plugins with high rendering.  No issues, no crash.

Contacted XLife, great support but I think they are starting to run out of things to try as well.

So, has anyone heard or seen this issue?  Maybe my Macbook Pro is not powerful enough? Any thoughts or ideas of things to try next?

Thanks

1. delete the setting.txt file in X_life folder and start ...
2. Download X-Life for new and install it.....
report what happened

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

335 (edited by Vlodek9 2016-08-18 03:13:28)

1. delete the setting.txt file in X_life folder and start ...
2. Download X-Life for new and install it.....
report what happened

Did both, no change.  Xplane crashed upon requesting clearance.

My apologies, I did forget to provide the error message in my original post.

When I request clearance I SOMETIMES get the following message:

"XPlane is totally out of VM (virtual memory)"

Again, I did lower the rendering to the minimums, did not help.  Deleted the rendering settings file (as described by XPlane), did not work.

But if it is truly a VM issue, I still don't understand why this happens when I remove all other plugins, have min rendering, default airport resolution, ect.
On the other hand, remove XLife, have very high rendering, custom high res airports, all the other plugins, HD mash, and no issues at all.  Even when I add Xlife back into Xplane it works (meaning ground and air traffic only).
No matter what the setup scenario is Xlife traffic works but the moment I initiate ATC Clearance I have this issue.

336 (edited by Zeke*Earl 2016-08-18 16:12:36)

Dear all, as much as like Xlife (v1.1r4)  i am forced to stop using it due to X-life causing X-plane to freeze 75%-80% of the time with the message 'X-plane.exe has stopped working.'.

At the very bottom of the log.txt is the message  'XL: 2490 : X-Life plugin ver.1.1r4 080816 detect crash.
XL: 2490 : Memory dump saved to x-life.dmp file
XL: 2490 : Please send this log.txt file and x-life.dmp file (from X-Plane folder) to support@jardesign.org !

I've tried everything to make it work but to no avail. Without X-life installed, i can fly as per normal without any crashes whatsoever. . Only thing i can do now isl wait for future updates and hope that the problem will be resolved.

I presume that you are Win user ?
If yes, there are some thread about VM problems that relates on the graphic card driver
I forgot where exactly to read but you may find it in X-Plane.org forum......

last chance is to address JAR  directly by Skype

BTW, as Apple OSX user I have no problems and no reduce of FPS and of course no CTD.....

ilankrt wrote:

If yes, there are some thread about VM problems that relates on the graphic card driver

BTW, as Apple OSX user I have no problems and no reduce of FPS and of course no CTD.....

Thank you for you reply ilankrt.
Yep, i'm a Win user. I don't see how having 14GB of VM can be a problem unless the coding is suspect.
Did 3 flights from LFPO to EGLL last night. XP froze all 3 times in flight. Seems like the problem is during flight only.

Zeke*Earl wrote:
ilankrt wrote:

Yep, i'm a Win user. I don't see how having 14GB of VM can be a problem unless the coding is suspect.
Did 3 flights from LFPO to EGLL last night. XP froze all 3 times in flight. Seems like the problem is during flight only.

To say the truth I am a little confused (maybe you mixed up virtual with physical RAM) . Virtual memory as I red about has no more relevance on machines with a lot of RAM memory, So how much RAM do have? (For example, I have 36GB and despite this amount X-Plane can get in stutter situation). More important is the quality of your graphic card and how much memory it has ? ......

You should specify all your machine parameter system software and X-Plane version etc. There are enough Win user that could help you......

340 (edited by Zeke*Earl 2016-08-19 16:49:18)

ilankrt wrote:
Zeke*Earl wrote:
ilankrt wrote:

To say the truth I am a little confused (maybe you mixed up virtual with physical RAM) . Virtual memory as I red about has no more relevance on machines with a lot of RAM memory, So how much RAM do have? (For example, I have 36GB and despite this amount X-Plane can get in stutter situation). More important is the quality of your graphic card and how much memory it has ? ......

You should specify all your machine parameter system software and X-Plane version etc. There are enough Win user that could help you......

Hi..i have 14GB of physical RAM & 14GB of VM (windows managed). GFX card is Nvidia GTX770 2GB. As mentioned, X-plane runs fine w/o X-life. I've attached the log.txt & x-life.dmp if anyone would like to peruse them. Anyway, thanks again ilankrt.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 52.75 kb, 226 downloads since 2016-08-19 

Attachment icon x-life.dmp 126.83 kb, 218 downloads since 2016-08-19 

Since I use to fly to east european X-Life prepared airports, I recognized a disturbing problem that diminish the positive experience of XL as a near real airport traffic scenery.

It happened very often that while my aircraft is ready for taxi or rolling on taxi way, another aircraft is passing through my aircraft without to stop and wait at a certain distance to my aircraft. Now the whole scenery becomes a broken play game. This shouldn't happen but I don't know if every occurrence must be notify or only the involved airport ....

Hello all,

I have the free version of X-life waiting for some more tests for getting the Deluxe version. I'm dealing with a problem that I have discovered when creating Taxi routes for LFMT Montpellier airport which I think has not been developed yet. The AI aircrafts touch down far ahead to the threshold which causes the plane to arrive way too fast at the end of the runway, make a very quick uturn and go back to find the first taxiway to go to the parking. This occurs on runways 12L and 12 R.

I have checked with other airports and found the same problem in LFML Marseille (runways 31L and R), FIMP Ile Maurice (runway 14), LFMN Nice (runway 22L), LOWI Innsbruck (runway 26), EDDT Berlin Tagel (Runway 26R). Of course I have not tested all of them so this list may not be exhaustive. LFML and FIMP are the worst.

Is there a way to control the touch down point on the runway ? Thanks.

343 (edited by Zeke*Earl 2016-08-23 03:16:01)

Zeke*Earl wrote:
ilankrt wrote:
Zeke*Earl wrote:

Hi..i have 14GB of physical RAM & 14GB of VM (windows managed). GFX card is Nvidia GTX770 2GB. As mentioned, X-plane runs fine w/o X-life. I've attached the log.txt & x-life.dmp if anyone would like to peruse them. Anyway, thanks again ilankrt.

Hi all,
I'm happy to announce that i no longer experience any crashes. What i did :
1) Upgraded to XP 10.50 (from 10.45)
2) Upgraded to latest Nvidia driver (and enabled triple buffering)
Not sure which of the above 2 worked, but i no longer experience crashes.
note : I noticed that the crashes used to occur when Xlife & Symaxx were both running and XP tried to load a map tile.
rgds,
Zeke

Zeke*Earl wrote:
Zeke*Earl wrote:
ilankrt wrote:

Hi all,
I'm happy to announce that i no longer experience any crashes. What i did :
1) Upgraded to XP 10.50 (from 10.45)
2) Upgraded to latest Nvidia driver (and enabled triple buffering)
Not sure which of the above 2 worked, but i no longer experience crashes.
note : I noticed that the crashes used to occur when Xlife & Symaxx were both running and XP tried to load a map tile.
rgds,
Zeke

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/1591/t/p1aqrojf7m10vn1psk116aul047e3.gif

345 (edited by ilankrt 2016-08-23 13:52:29)

Yesterday I made a flight with the A330 to LBWN. Coming from IVGOT 1F I got the ATC control advice to land on RWY 27 that means a RNAV (GNSS) landing. The final approach Fix F was WN716 at 1800ft. 

Problem was that that ATC gave me advice to descent to 2500ft (below the IF Fix (2800ft)  and upon the F Fix). If I did follow this advice I would stack at this flight level missing F and probably missed a correct descent to RWY.

IN such a case I must look at the actual charts and follow the written instruction. That means:
Set NAV VARNA  D 112.4 WRN
IF WN715 2800ft max 190kt 273º
F  WN716 1800ft , disconnect AP down to RW27

Fazit: If you don't have the charts you are lost.

Question is what can we expect in a realistic perspective from X-Life ATC ?

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/1591/t/p1aqrqgvp6r891cmco1288uqs23.png

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/1591/t/p1aqrqh7ma19h64ql1a1mi04bn6.png

BTW X-Life is working without problems (added X-Camera plugin)

Hi all

New Xlife user I'm happy with this good plugin.

Just a question : when I fly beetween 2 airports (XL ready) for exemple LFMN to EDDF or LFMN to LSZH I have planes and traffic at the departure Airport but not at the arrival Airport. I must shut down and reactivate XL before landing to have planes and traffic at the arrival.
What do I make wrong ?

Ribechan wrote:

Hello all,

I have the free version of X-life waiting for some more tests for getting the Deluxe version. I'm dealing with a problem that I have discovered when creating Taxi routes for LFMT Montpellier airport which I think has not been developed yet. The AI aircrafts touch down far ahead to the threshold which causes the plane to arrive way too fast at the end of the runway, make a very quick uturn and go back to find the first taxiway to go to the parking. This occurs on runways 12L and 12 R.

I have checked with other airports and found the same problem in LFML Marseille (runways 31L and R), FIMP Ile Maurice (runway 14), LFMN Nice (runway 22L), LOWI Innsbruck (runway 26), EDDT Berlin Tagel (Runway 26R). Of course I have not tested all of them so this list may not be exhaustive. LFML and FIMP are the worst.

As I have never observed this before there is obviously something wrong with either your scenery or the ATC Taxi Routes for your scenery. However, without seeng those nobody can help you with this problem. So please attach the ATC Taxin Route file you are using as well as your log.txt and a link to the scenery you are using. Also, I'd suggest to reinstall the scenery to be sure it's correct.

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

laohu314 wrote:
Ribechan wrote:

Hello all,

As I have never observed this before there is obviously something wrong with either your scenery or the ATC Taxi Routes for your scenery. However, without seeng those nobody can help you with this problem. So please attach the ATC Taxin Route file you are using as well as your log.txt and a link to the scenery you are using. Also, I'd suggest to reinstall the scenery to be sure it's correct.

Many thanks for your reply.
As a matter of fact, even if I have discovered this while developping Taxi routes for LFMT, I have seen this problem also on other taxi routes like LFML (Runways 31L and R) that you should already have in the X-life Airport directory since it is a verified airport. The corresponding scenery is here : http://xpfr.org/?body=scene_accueil&sc=88 but I have the problem with the other scenery here :  http://xpfr.org/?body=scene_accueil&sc=310 so I think this is not depending on the scenery. There are other airports where I have the problem too like I said in my first post.
I appreciate you're investigating this for me.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 30.76 kb, 197 downloads since 2016-08-24 

Right, here we talked about here:

http://jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2235

I had not seen for LFML I'll see

Same issue here. X-Plane crashes immediately when I click TOD.