1 (edited by Willem aus Kempten 2022-11-12 11:20:44)

Topic: A330 roll spoilers not moving

Hey

I have had the JAR A330 for a while now and I always seem to find it difficult to land. I found out that it is because the roll spoilers aren't moving. Roll control is achieved by two ailerons on each wing and five spoilers on each wing, but I can only seem to move the ailerons. The spoilers just stay down no matter how much I move the controls. The speedbrake lever makes the spoilers go up, bot it doesn't move when I move my flight controls to roll.

This drastically limits my ability to fly a stable approach since it is quite a struggle to get the plane lined up with the runway for landing and to keep it that way. Any advice will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: A330 roll spoilers not moving

Willem aus Kempten wrote:

Hey

I have had the JAR A330 for a while now and I always seem to find it difficult to land. I found out that it is because the roll spoilers aren't moving. Roll control is achieved by two ailerons on each wing and five spoilers on each wing, but I can only seem to move the ailerons. The spoilers just stay down no matter how much I move the controls. The speedbrake lever makes the spoilers go up, bot it doesn't move when I move my flight controls to roll.

This drastically limits my ability to fly a stable approach since it is quite a struggle to get the plane lined up with the runway for landing and to keep it that way. Any advice will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Please load aircraft, run it up and check - are spoilers move with ailerons on ground?

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org