Re: X-Life ver 1.0 (rc1, r1, ++)

lanmancz wrote:
Denco wrote:

can I use my IVONA voices for it?

I can confirm IVONA voices work (which is great). I'm using IVONA's Sally and I'm pretty happy with it. X-Life seems to use the default TTS engine you have selected in Windows so when you have selected IVONA it will use that instead of the awful default Anna voice. Great thing is that IVONA actually properly pronounces the airport names and so on and does not spell it out letter by letter like Anna.

Can you explane how it works and how you bind it into X-Plane/X-Life?
Is it only for Windows user?

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

577 (edited by lanmancz 2016-05-20 17:37:55)

ilankrt wrote:

Can you explane how it works and how you bind it into X-Plane/X-Life?Is it only for Windows user?

I'm not sure if this is not a bit OT here but basically IVONA is a SAPI5 voice synth that you can purchase and it replaces your default voice synth in Windows (I don't know about other OS). You can use it for anything that is using the Windows OS voice system, not just X-Life. There is no special configuration needed, just install the voice, select it as a default one in OS and that's it. X-Life uses the default OS voice synth which is IVONA's Sally in my case. Works great, way better than the clunky default OS Anna voice. But it's not cheap.

J.A.Romanov wrote:
ryangregory00 wrote:

I ran into a problem check out the picture

please update your plugin to beta 7

Where can i download it?

captbullett wrote:
MasterTRL wrote:

Hi Guys,

I have a question:

How does X-Life decide which airport to populate? Of course it creates traffic at my current position. But what does it take to have it automatically create traffic on other airports? Is it enough to file a flightplan to get traffic at my destination? Or do i have to actually follow ATC to achieve that? And what is with the airports en route? Like if i pass a very big airport right after takeoff, is there a way to get that one populated too?

Cheers

Chris

this is the list of X-Life ready airports;

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi … tAA_7MfME4

this is the everything else in production and is not yet on the map;

http://jardesign.org/forum/viewforum.php?id=33

captbullett

Hi captbullet,

thank you for your answer. I have to tell you though, that this is not what i wanted to know. I am aware of the supported airports and i even contributed three airports myself to this.

Let me give you an example:

I take off at LESB wit destination LEMH. I activate X-Life and naturally get AI traffic at LESB and in the air.
Shortly after takeoff i have good view at LEPA but it is completely empty.
I proceed towards LEMH and as start my approach i can see that this airport is empty as well. Also there are no aircraft in the air in this area.
So just to see what happens, i turn x-life off and on again and of course LEMH gets populated instantly since it is the nearest airport.

Please note that all mentioned airports have working taxi routes and x-life populates them without a problem if i start it while standing at the individual airport.

What i like to know now is if there is a way, through the x-life atc or otherwise, to my destination and maybe even some airports en route populated automatically.

If the answer is that i have to use the atc, my follow up question would be if i have to follow the actual x-life atc procedures of if it is enough to file the plan.

Cheers

Chris

MasterTRL wrote:

Hi Guys,

I have a question:

How does X-Life decide which airport to populate? Of course it creates traffic at my current position. But what does it take to have it automatically create traffic on other airports? Is it enough to file a flightplan to get traffic at my destination? Or do i have to actually follow ATC to achieve that? And what is with the airports en route? Like if i pass a very big airport right after takeoff, is there a way to get that one populated too?

Cheers

Chris

Yes, enough to file a flightplan to get traffic at my destination and alternate airport.

If we will make alive all airports around - this will just kill framerate.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

J.A.Romanov wrote:
MasterTRL wrote:

Hi Guys,

I have a question:

Cheers

Chris

Yes, enough to file a flightplan to get traffic at my destination and alternate airport.

Thanks jar. I fully understand why you wouldn't populate all airports. But now I know how to manage things better.

I have one more question about the arc though. Is there a minimum distance between departure and destination airport? Because if I am at lesb and want to go to lepa, it will tell me invalid departure icao. But if I go lesb to lemh it works fine. I guess this is because lesb and lepa are basically in the same city?

Cheers

Chris

582 (edited by ilankrt 2016-05-20 22:01:28)

Test flight KATL - KRIC
X-Plane, XL, A320 last version
Using iMac27 Mavericks

First test  - crash:
XL: 1316 : ---+++--- ATC: SAS01, push and start approved
XL: 1322 : ---+++--- Pilot: Push and start approved, SAS01
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: X-Life}==--

Second test - no crash.

Concerning XL:
1. looking at X-Plane/resources there is a folder named GNS430. Does XL use this data folder?

2. Last XL version - ATC test is out of the text frame (see image)
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/1591/t/p1aj81tnuiqob1vjtai21nujrkp3.jpg

3.  This point should be considerate in the development of XL. While flying manually short before landing, I have often problem to see RUNWAY and PAPI because info text of holding short aircraft are hiding them. I know that I can click on the side column for disappear them, but handling the mouse in this situation means lost of time and focus on landing operation. I suggest that the info text might disappear in a certain flight level before landing (800ft or so).

4. Sometimes while on approach frame rate is sinking just before landing. I made the experience, that if I stop X-Plane and actualize real weather, then the frame rate get normal.  Maybe a command "refresh real weather" programed in XL (lets say at 1000 ft) can assure that frame rate will not sink in this critical moments...

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 12.13 mb, 213 downloads since 2016-05-20 

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

583 (edited by ryangregory00 2016-05-21 02:00:59)

How I get the newest beta of x-life?

584 (edited by captbullett 2016-05-21 03:36:24)

MasterTRL wrote:
captbullett wrote:
MasterTRL wrote:

Hi Guys,

I have a question:

How does X-Life decide which airport to populate? Of course it creates traffic at my current position. But what does it take to have it automatically create traffic on other airports? Is it enough to file a flight plan to get traffic at my destination? Or do i have to actually follow ATC to achieve that? And what is with the airports en route? Like if i pass a very big airport right after takeoff, is there a way to get that one populated too?

Cheers

Chris

this is the list of X-Life ready airports;

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi … tAA_7MfME4

this is the everything else in production and is not yet on the map;

captbullett

Hi captbullet,

thank you for your answer. I have to tell you though, that this is not what i wanted to know. I am aware of the supported airports and i even contributed three airports myself to this.

Let me give you an example:

I take off at LESB wit destination LEMH. I activate X-Life and naturally get AI traffic at LESB and in the air.
Shortly after takeoff i have good view at LEPA but it is completely empty.
I proceed towards LEMH and as start my approach i can see that this airport is empty as well. Also there are no aircraft in the air in this area.
So just to see what happens, i turn x-life off and on again and of course LEMH gets populated instantly since it is the nearest airport.

Please note that all mentioned airports have working taxi routes and x-life populates them without a problem if i start it while standing at the individual airport.

What i like to know now is if there is a way, through the x-life atc or otherwise, to my destination and maybe even some airports en route populated automatically.

If the answer is that i have to use the atc, my follow up question would be if i have to follow the actual x-life atc procedures of if it is enough to file the plan.

Cheers

Chris

Good day,

This is  integrated system and each part works with the other you can use just the AI and no, ATC but the Flight plan is only available when ATC is working.
captbullett

Ps, as this is a Beta testing site a Log.txt and bbox.txt are  needed for a  post.

ryangregory00 wrote:

It's within the first few pages of this thread. Make sure it says fresh and has a "B" after it.  Everytime I have to do the next beta, this is how I do it as I just explained.

“The universe is big. It’s vast, complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.”The Doctor
Win7Pro64/i76700k 4.6/GTX 1080ti STRIX oc/32gbCorsairVengeance DD4Ram3000/ASUS Z170Deluxe

captbullett wrote:

Ps, as this is a Beta testing site a Log.txt and bbox.txt are  needed for a  post.

I understand. But I was not reporting an error but merely trying to understand the inner workings of X-life. I wouldn't have asked such a question in the beta thread but since there is only this one thread and the subforum for the taxi route creation, I had no real choice there.

Maybe you should consider adding a third subforum for general questions and faq or something. Not every question that comes up is due to an error after all.

Cheers

Chris

ilankrt wrote:

Test flight KATL - KRIC
Using iMac27 Mavericks

First test  - crash:

Second test - no crash.

Concerning XL:
1. looking at X-Plane/resources there is a folder named GNS430. Does XL use this data folder?

3.  This point should be considerate in the development of XL. While flying manually short before landing, I have often problem to see RUNWAY and PAPI because info text of holding short aircraft are hiding them. I know that I can click on the side column for disappear them, but handling the mouse in this situation means lost of time and focus on landing operation. I suggest that the info text might disappear in a certain flight level before landing (800ft or so).

4. Sometimes while on approach frame rate is sinking just before landing. I made the experience, that if I stop X-Plane and actualize real weather, then the frame rate get normal.  Maybe a command "refresh real weather" programed in XL (lets say at 1000 ft) can assure that frame rate will not sink in this critical moments...

Good day,

You are asking 4 different questions  on four different subjects  and one log txt  which can be for only one issue on the list. Yes I could very well answer the questions but I will not.

1) I feel you are disrespecting the beta team not me, the Beta Team With a comment like what you posted in Q# 3

What, do you mean, and that is my last post to you I am done with you.

captbullett
Apple Developer (identified)
X-Life Public Beta Tester Mac

MasterTRL wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
MasterTRL wrote:

Hi Guys,

I have a question:

Cheers

Chris

Thanks jar. I fully understand why you wouldn't populate all airports. But now I know how to manage things better.

I have one more question about the arc though. Is there a minimum distance between departure and destination airport? Because if I am at lesb and want to go to lepa, it will tell me invalid departure icao. But if I go lesb to lemh it works fine. I guess this is because lesb and lepa are basically in the same city?

Cheers

Chris

There is no.. You can build EDDM-EDDM route with 0 distance. Invalid departure may have another reason, like not present at NavData. Also you may prepare your flightplan via Routefinder and import plan to XLD.

ilankrt wrote:

Test flight KATL - KRIC
Using iMac27 Mavericks

First test  - crash:

Second test - no crash.

Concerning XL:

XL trying to find NavData from both GNS430 folders - Custom and Resources.

I have not idea how will best - autodisappear markers or just turn them off manually. Now. i will think.

ryangregory00 wrote:

Please use first post at this topic.

591 (edited by marvel_master 2016-05-21 18:03:51)

Hello,

maybe i have found a bug in the x-life last beta Software.

Some aircrafts could not start. They try a takeoff but dont drive fast enough about
the runway. At the end, they stop mmediately and are captured then and everyting
is blocked at the airport.

I see this behaviour at this aircrafts. Take a look at the screenshots

BHA-372
B763

ICE-176
B75F

ICE-243
B75F

I dont think, my EDDW ATC Taxiroutes are wrong. I add the files as attachment.

Regards

Post's attachments

Attachment icon bild1.jpg 123.15 kb, 109 downloads since 2016-05-21 

Attachment icon bild2.jpg 114.65 kb, 100 downloads since 2016-05-21 

Attachment icon EDDW.zip 164.14 kb, 241 downloads since 2016-05-21 

Attachment icon Log.zip 21.71 kb, 161 downloads since 2016-05-21 

marvel_master wrote:

Hello,

Some aircrafts could not start. They try a takeoff but dont drive fast enough about
the runway. At the end, they stop mmediately and are captured then and everyting

I see this behaviour at this aircrafts. Take a look at the screenshots

BHA-372
B763

ICE-176
B75F

ICE-243
B75F

I dont think, my EDDW ATC Taxiroutes are wrong. I add the files as attachment.

Regards

Good Day,

So, you tell Us that you found a 'Bug' yet no log.txt

PNG show aircraft but that is it and the other files jAR will have to look at.

Q; so you made the airport 'EDDW' If you are making your own airports then this post need to be in the Custom ATC routs for XP Airports post;

thank-you for your help,
captbullett

J.A.Romanov wrote:
ilankrt wrote:

Test flight KATL - KRIC
Using iMac27 Mavericks

First test  - crash:

Second test - no crash.

Concerning XL:

I have not idea how will best - autodisappear markers or just turn them off manually. Now. i will think.

It is not so critical, indeed I can turn it off from distance but then the view on airport traffic became sterile....

captbullett wrote:
marvel_master wrote:

Hello,

I see this behaviour at this aircrafts.

BHA-372
B763

Good Day,

So, you tell Us that you found a 'Bug' yet no log.txt

I add the log.txt now. Sorry for my previous posting.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.zip 21.71 kb, 183 downloads since 2016-05-21 

595 (edited by captbullett 2016-05-21 18:30:17)

ilankrt wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
ilankrt wrote:

Test flight KATL - KRIC
Using iMac27 Mavericks

First test  - crash:

Second test - no crash.

Concerning XL:

It is not so critical, indeed I can turn it off from distance but then the view on airport traffic became sterile....

Good day,

I have used everything that you are trying to do and I use the same computer type right down to the GPU I do believe,
So, why is it you still continue to have issues I really want to make everyone enjoy the plugin as much as possible  there are limitations on all the computer programs and from what I see you are never happy with any of the products and you are the one that complains just so you can blog about the different issues on you own blog.

So, If you were to just use the plugin as it were to be intended to be used you might find out it works very well, are there issues at times YES, do I have CTD's at times YES, but I do not complain about them I move to the next level and re-start the computer
re-start X-Plane and then see what happens you have to have a system in place for trouble shooting and from what I can tell you are all over the place and are not using a good system.

I cannot tell you how to set up your system as this has to be you system because, each person learns differently and I taller my tech support also to help each individual, this is why you will see me ask sometimes how old you are not to be disrespectful but so I can write to the age of my client.

Nevertheless, this project has been something that I enjoy very much and I like to help everyone here but I do not like to see when people put down the project when you know it is still in Beta testing stage and just went to it's first stable version which means that the next steps will be to improve on the over all performance now, and JAR already has his ideals in mind and will share with us when he is ready for now we need to test and sent the log.txt when there is a CTD or an issue that you think is not needed for a log.txt it is still needed because, the log txt has all the data on it for JAR to figure out what is going on with XL.

Happy Flying,
captbullett

please post the file tree  png or JPG so we can tell how to fix

//* how can we tell you to fix if we have no data///

Now the JPG's that I attached are the way the GNS 430/530 files should be on the mack if you look at the bottom of the JPG you will see the order of the file tree it is very straight forward.

you most likely are missing the part where you need to work with the second JPG and the file system there it is the FMS Plans and it is in the output folder this is where the GNS stores the flight plans for the X-Plane GNS 430/530 and and is the main folder for the flight plans.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Screen Shot 2016-05-21 at 2.18.07 PM.jpg 260.19 kb, 110 downloads since 2016-05-21 

Attachment icon Screen Shot 2016-05-21 at 2.20.03 PM.jpg 1.19 mb, 116 downloads since 2016-05-21 

596 (edited by ilankrt 2016-05-21 22:56:39)

Test flight KRIC - KJFK
X-Plane 10.45R2, XL and A320 last version
Using iMac27 Mavericks

No crash

1. Log.txt file includes endless raws of   "XL: 2027 : OAL_error sourceID = ......" (file volume 3.95 GB !!!)

2. KRIC: For unknown reason XL ATC chose "SID RWY 25" - the shortest RWY and backwind. I decided to take-off from RWY 02 and once airborne XL ATC continue working well. Air and ground traffic as it should be - very busy..

3. After TD I got  near FL100 once after another advices for descending level and BARO set.. (too close one to another)

597 (edited by captbullett 2016-05-22 08:15:44)

ilankrt wrote:

Test flight KRIC - KJFK
Using iMac27 Mavericks

No crash

1. Log.txt file includes endless raws of   "XL: 2027 : OAL_error sourceID = ......" (file volume 3.95 GB !!!)

2. KRIC: For unknown reason XL ATC chose "SID RWY 25" - the shortest RWY and backwind. I decided to take-off from RWY 02 and once airborne XL ATC continue working well. Air and ground traffic as it should be - very busy..

3. After TD I got  near FL100 once after another advices for descending level and BARO set.. (too close one to another)

Good day,

Now, we have good communication and can work Thank-you some of this JAR need to answer because I just do not know

the answer to the first question as it is JAR's code.

2) most of the vatic scenery packs work very well and if you go to this site you will have the extra there called X-Life AFT SETS you can download the instructions are there       http://jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2012

3) this is something that JAR will note...

Hi Eugeny,

CTD (iMac) while flying from LIMC to LOWL (while approach LOWL) - see logs

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Crash-Log iMac.rtf 70.28 kb, 170 downloads since 2016-05-22 

Attachment icon Log.txt 120.05 kb, 305 downloads since 2016-05-22 

iMac i7 4GHz (late 2015) 27" 24 GB, macOS Mojave 10.14.5, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096MB
XPlane 11.34, FM, X-Life, GroundHandling, about 50 payware aircrafts

599 (edited by ilankrt 2016-05-22 14:10:45)

Test flight KJFK - KBOS
Using iMac27 Mavericks

HI JAR

Unfortunately, this last version seems to be unstable. I got the third time crash.
This time during Push and Start.
I am not sure, but it seems to me to that the cause is  an ATC conflict. For example once I was looking at ATIS  - not as in versions before, I got text and voice from X-Plane ATIS that didn't stop (although I changed frequencies on radio) but until I clicked on GROUND.
Maybe there is a conflict between XL ATIS and ATC in general and X-Plane ATIS ? (all crashes happened during ATC activities)

Sending you my log.txt - and this happened after I restarted my iMac (as we talked this morning about)

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log copy.txt 73.38 kb, 303 downloads since 2016-05-22 

600 (edited by captbullett 2016-05-22 16:23:02)

ilankrt wrote:

Test flight KJFK - KBOS
Using iMac27 Mavericks

HI JAR

Unfortunately, this last version seems to be unstable. I got the third time crash.
This time during Push and Start.
I am not sure, but it seems to me to that the cause is  an ATC conflict. For example once I was looking at ATIS  - not as in versions before, I got text and voice from X-Plane ATIS that didn't stop (although I changed frequencies on radio) but until I clicked on GROUND.
Maybe there is a conflict between XL ATIS and ATC in general and X-Plane ATIS ? (all crashes happened during ATC activities)

Sending you my log.txt - and this happened after I restarted my iMac (as we talked this morning about)

Ok on a CTD on the Mac we can use the CTD report that pops up you have to hand copy and paste the txt file on to a plain txt fill though then attach it to the post. This will tell JAR exactly why you are having the CTD on the Mac
it is very easy to tell you what is going on if you send the CTD report.
thank-you for the report,
Brian

Ps, see the post above your's the SirOTheOne has posted the CDT report this makes the Bug reporting very easy and your fix most likely easy also.

And you can find the last CTD in the console in the 'other' App section of your App's Under System Diagnostic Reports.