Re: JD340 v.1.4

Sluijsens wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
Sluijsens wrote:

Speedbrake only works when turning on the axis, but it doesn't reflect the modes on the quadrant itself. A minor issue imo, but still worth looking into
Flaps lever on the quadrant straight up don't work (I think in the A330 they didn't work either). Flaps do work when I assign a button with the correct command though.

this should work well, at least if you follow manual. You may call me Skype j.a.romanov - we will check your settings online

I tried to reconfigure and see what went wrong. When resetting the TCA controls it configured the flaps on my nr 1&2 as well as at the 3&4 quadrant. Having this conflict make sit so that the flaps lever will not move.

I fixed it now. But still the parking brake had to be set-up manually and the eng #3 and eng#4 starters cannot be engaged or disengaged. Ill update my previous post to avoid misinformation.

However, the autopilot managed pitch was still an issue. Hope that gets resolved soon.

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, MasterSwitches not work, but I can not fix this without access to hardware device parameters. So, only way - if someone with this device like you will contact me via Skype.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

奏箫夜客 wrote:

I have purchased the product and the order tells me that there is no serial number. But when I go into the game it still requires me to enter the serial number. Can anyone tell me why this is? Where do I get this serial number from?

You need just login to shop where you get product - you will see your serial key there.

Hello sir Romanov.
Thank you very much for the excellent aircraft a340-500 very nice and very good flight response like all your planes.
The only problem I have is that when I ask for the metar in its panel the muse stays circling and the simulator does not respond and I have to close it from the task manager.
I have bought their 3 aircraft models the a320, a330 and the a340 and in all I have the same problem, the a320 worked before the last update, the a330 for a long time and the a340 since the purchase.
After performing many tests with default weathering of the x-plane, the second with ASXP and the third with Xenviro, so I conclude that they come to receive the data from some server that you have put in development and is not working.
Greetings and I look forward to your response.

some small requests on A340.
I find 330 with 2 more engines.
problem with handling, I put the 330 back, sometimes the vehicles do not appear.
Doors don't open when vehicles arrive, or better pushback.
why the cockpit door does not open like A320?
no camera.
I thought that the pilot and co-pilot windows were going to open, it seemed to me to have seen on facebook that they were obscuring each other.
a seat adjustment?
often the hostess does not answer.
is she mute?
otherwise, great job, I expected.
a 600 in the future?
thank you

J.A.Romanov wrote:

Yes, MasterSwitches not work, but I can not fix this without access to hardware device parameters. So, only way - if someone with this device like you will contact me via Skype.

Unfortunately I do now have skype.
However, I did take a look since it looks like default commands were used for eng #1 and #2.
When resetting the settings for the second quadrant I get the same commands only for the #3 and #4 engines (so seems to be the commands I expect)

When looking if they get triggered with a dataref tool I get the following:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/432614080675840010/873219638052401212/unknown.png

I don't know if you can work with it, but at least it confirms that the quadrant triggers the commands.
Everything seems to be as expected based of the fact that eng 1 & 2 do work as expected.

edu2703 wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
2055729991 wrote:

Spoiler during replay! Jd330 and 340 have this problem. The replay is too strange! This needs to be repaired as soon as possible! I hope jardesign is getting better and better

The reason for this is X-Plane replay mode can not play back custom datarefs (we use custom for this), but should. Already talk with Ben Supnik (LR lead coder) about this, he promise, but still not done.

Have you ever thought about not using custom datarefs for spoiler actuation? I believe that on the A330, you didn't use it before as the spoilers worked in replay. Are custom datarefs strictly necessary for spoiler actuation? I don't remember there was a problem with them before the update.

gigabenga wrote:

would be best that you disappear full posts from the forum or you Mr. Romanov gives your money back request a refound if you are not satisfied you are a complete idiot. You don't seem to know anything about flying or you can't even operate an airplane. As the saying goes then go to Toliss. Or play Fortnite. You heiner. Sorry that had to be said if I were an administrator, you would have long been blocked with your very stupid statements

Well, thank goodness you're not the admin. Imagine if you released an aircraft and then banned any criticism or bug reporting on your forum. I don't think there would be any possibility that your aircraft would improve over time.

I might believe this was a mistake on my part, but I have already found three other people reporting the same kamikaze bug using autoland. It may still be a user error, but it's something a competent developer would at least investigate.

I have Toliss and FFA320. I know how to fly a modern Airbus. It's not my fault that JARDesign systems aren't simulated properly and I have to expect their aircraft to behave differently than it does in real life.

I don't know you and you don't know me. Avoid making insinuations please. I never criticized who likes JARdesign planes, because people are allowed to have different opinions about something. If you liked it, good for you. I didn't like it and I'm telling you why.

My criticisms can be harsh or almost sound like an insult to the developers, but they are still valid and judging by what the devs have done, or rather, have not done in recent years and the current state of their products, they are deserving of all the criticism they get.

Also, this forum needs a reality check. I see that some users want to turn it into a cult of Mr. Romanov or into a bubble just with users who liked the aircraft. Out of here, opinions are mostly negative. In fact, the only positive opinions I've found on the A340 so far have been here.

You talk the greatest Bullshit ever. GO play Fortnite but otherwise. But fly not an Aircraft that what you NOT can do. Your language is stupid, your IQ is a chicken. Your language is rude and not even able to appreciate what a developer will do in 2 years of work. Have you ever made an airplane yourself except to crack your face stupid ?. So spare us your stupidity here

Ok, we just update aircraft to version 1.1.

Version 1.1R1 060821 what new:
+ CoPilot ready build
+ AP disconnect conditions improved
+ AP parameters tuned
+ FlightModel parameters tuned
+ Autoland improved
+ bug fix

Sluijsens wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:

Unfortunately I do now have skype.
However, I did take a look since it looks like default commands were used for eng #1 and #2.
When resetting the settings for the second quadrant I get the same commands only for the #3 and #4 engines (so seems to be the commands I expect)

When looking if they get triggered with a dataref tool I get the following:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/432614080675840010/873219638052401212/unknown.png

I don't know if you can work with it, but at least it confirms that the quadrant triggers the commands.
Everything seems to be as expected based of the fact that eng 1 & 2 do work as expected.

I am afraid this may nor help - need check on your side.

To make this hardware with JD aircraft code what work as drivers was implemented in plugin. We can improve it but really need direct user contact with share screen, coding and test

marccarette wrote:

some small requests on A340.
I find 330 with 2 more engines.
problem with handling, I put the 330 back, sometimes the vehicles do not appear.
Doors don't open when vehicles arrive, or better pushback.
why the cockpit door does not open like A320?
no camera.
I thought that the pilot and co-pilot windows were going to open, it seemed to me to have seen on facebook that they were obscuring each other.
a seat adjustment?
often the hostess does not answer.
is she mute?
otherwise, great job, I expected.
a 600 in the future?
thank you

The more hard to create in External 3D - wings. So, wings, tail, engines, lights - made from scratch. You just forget look at details may be.

Sure, handling cars should appear with Ground Handling plugin. Id you have not - this need to be checked via support. You may call me Skype j.a.romanov - I am sure we will check and make it work if still not.

please answer my question about meta problem.

IBE1001 wrote:

Hello sir Romanov.
Thank you very much for the excellent aircraft a340-500 very nice and very good flight response like all your planes.
The only problem I have is that when I ask for the metar in its panel the muse stays circling and the simulator does not respond and I have to close it from the task manager.
I have bought their 3 aircraft models the a320, a330 and the a340 and in all I have the same problem, the a320 worked before the last update, the a330 for a long time and the a340 since the purchase.
After performing many tests with default weathering of the x-plane, the second with ASXP and the third with Xenviro, so I conclude that they come to receive the data from some server that you have put in development and is not working.

Some part of users describe crash just after click Update button on DCDU. As you can see at Log.txt (just after crash happen) Metar data was readed/saved ok, but you may read xPilot plugin info in several strings after this. So, if you will remove xPilot plugin - crash will not happen and you will get metar info on your DCDU. JD320/330 not affect on xPilot plugin, but just send weather request to internet. It is may be what xPilot just intercept metar server answer and trying to parce it with no luck and generate CTD, I dont know, but guess only. Anyway, this issue may be solved on xPilot side and we ready to deal with xPilot developers if need.

About xE issue - So, this texture of MCDU display in the left bottom corner draw by xEnviro. You may check this easy using X-Plane Menu->Plugins->xEnviro->On click to turn it On and next Off - you will see smooth increase of this texture transparent. I think xExviro take one of framebuffer what created by JD330 and draw it. Sure, old version of JD330 not do this, but new version was recreated for XP11.50 rules. May be xEnviro will be updated and this issue will gone.

We plan to meet and discuss this issue with xE devs after 20 aug 2021. Sadly they are not available before.

IBE1001 wrote:

please answer my question about meta problem.

Sorry, just post answer above.

J.A.Romanov wrote:

+ CoPilot ready build
+ AP parameters tuned
+ Autoland improved
+ bug fix

As usual always very fast. Many thanks for that. I am already looking forward to my test flight.

Hello.
Thank you very much for your answer, Mr Romanov.
After more than two hours activating and disabling add-ons one by one and x-plane restarts, when you disable the xpilot it started working perfectly on all 3 aircraft.
I want to make it clear to the other members that it is not your fault, it is Vatsim's fault so those of us who are members of Vatsim cannot use this add-on.
I want to buy the copilot for the A340-00 and in the x-plane.org it doesn't come out as available for purchase.
Greetings from Spain.

J.A.Romanov wrote:

+ CoPilot ready build
+ AP parameters tuned
+ Autoland improved
+ bug fix

Wow!! Congratulations Mr. Romanov, so what can I say, a super update everything works as it should. Autoland now works great and also the descend is now properly mangent. Great! The autopilot does not jump out so fast now also with turbulences. There are two things I would still like to see: a smoother climb and a slower engine start. But otherwise I am very satisfied and I think it will be my favorite aircraft on long haul. Thanks for the quick update.

66 (edited by fridgycze 2021-08-07 14:15:57)

hey, anyone here with Xenviro not working? the xenviro is probably minimalized in the down left hand corner.
any help would be appreciated. thanks
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/12331/t/p1fcgfgclb12l01hm385u2l1h3j3.jpg

J.A.Romanov wrote:
IBE1001 wrote:

Hello sir Romanov.

Some part of users describe crash just after click Update button on DCDU. As you can see at Log.txt (just after crash happen) Metar data was readed/saved ok, but you may read xPilot plugin info in several strings after this. So, if you will remove xPilot plugin - crash will not happen and you will get metar info on your DCDU. JD320/330 not affect on xPilot plugin, but just send weather request to internet. It is may be what xPilot just intercept metar server answer and trying to parce it with no luck and generate CTD, I dont know, but guess only. Anyway, this issue may be solved on xPilot side and we ready to deal with xPilot developers if need.

About xE issue - So, this texture of MCDU display in the left bottom corner draw by xEnviro. You may check this easy using X-Plane Menu->Plugins->xEnviro->On click to turn it On and next Off - you will see smooth increase of this texture transparent. I think xExviro take one of framebuffer what created by JD330 and draw it. Sure, old version of JD330 not do this, but new version was recreated for XP11.50 rules. May be xEnviro will be updated and this issue will gone.

We plan to meet and discuss this issue with xE devs after 20 aug 2021. Sadly they are not available before.

@fridgycze,
See Here

IBE1001 wrote:

Hello.
Thank you very much for your answer, Mr Romanov.
After more than two hours activating and disabling add-ons one by one and x-plane restarts, when you disable the xpilot it started working perfectly on all 3 aircraft.
I want to make it clear to the other members that it is not your fault, it is Vatsim's fault so those of us who are members of Vatsim cannot use this add-on.
I want to buy the copilot for the A340-00 and in the x-plane.org it doesn't come out as available for purchase.
Greetings from Spain.

Thanks we expect available for purchase today or tomorrow. I just send all needed files to dotorg.

Not quite sure what the passion and drama from some quarters is about your planes.  First time plane buyer from you with the A340 and I certainly have no regrets.  You have a nicely done plane on your hands.  The 1.1 definitely made takeoff go smoother.  Didn't have the AP disconnect or overspeed issues I had on my first flight.  Roll still seems a bit soft and delayed in responding to manual turns but I *am* comparing to the 319/320/321 so maybe that's to be expected.  Xplanereviews review of it is what sealed the deal for me going ahead and getting it. 

Good frame performance and good quality for 1.0 (now 1.1).  Cheers and kudos sir.

JumboAg wrote:

Not quite sure what the passion and drama from some quarters is about your planes.

I think when a product is really uninteresting - nobody talk about it, no one wants to discuss it, just a silent. If a product causes a violent reaction, it means that it leaves other people indifferent. And this is good sign. I happened to read another aircraft manufacturer's FB yesterday. Wow! I see people spend their entire lives discussing JARDesign planes (hate it to be clear). Probably people have a need to love something and hate something. And they gather for this in social groups. This is normal in football, but not in aviation may be. But for some strange reason, the laws of marketing work differently - the more hype (include hating) - more sales. More silence and ignorance - less sales. I see a lot of hype now - and (Wow!) I see what out sales are growing!

Thank you for the update.

Quick question, is it better to delete the aircraft completely or simply copy over the aircraft, with the new files /

I did a complete reinstall, had to get my activation key and set up views again...... not a big deal just curious how others update.

thanks

K

hello Mr Romanov.
I would like to put the icing on the cake in this beautiful plane, I do not know if it will be very complicated is to put a camera in the front train and with a button in the cabin just like the 340 in real life so that you can see where the front wheel and tail in the ECAM2 go.
I remember that the Airbus 350 of FF in the version with the x-plane 10.50 worked and already in x-plane 11 does not work.
We well know that with the xcamera plugin you can put all the cameras you want, both inside and outside, but as I said at the beginning it would be a wonder to turn in the taxi that have more than 90 degrees.
Greetings.

Does anybody knows why light in the cockpit sometimes becomes darker and darker until it comes to totally black screen?
Is that bug or is it featrure? Cought that strange effect for several times but do not understand what it causes by ?

Gyroscope wrote:

Does anybody knows why light in the cockpit sometimes becomes darker and darker until it comes to totally black screen?
Is that bug or is it featrure? Cought that strange effect for several times but do not understand what it causes by ?

That is the Hypoxia effect, meaning your cabin pressure was not set correctly. You can enable/disable it in the settings (first tab iirc).

75 (edited by Gyroscope 2021-08-09 17:12:43)

Sluijsens wrote:
Gyroscope wrote:

That is the Hypoxia effect, meaning your cabin pressure was not set correctly. You can enable/disable it in the settings (first tab iirc).

Thanks a lot ! It is a magic to get Hypoxia on runway during tacking off. smile
Nota bene: Hypoxia becomes if I load the plane with running engines. Why ?