Re: JD340 v.1.4

First of all, I would like to say that this is a great airplane, Mr. Romanov. I'm testing it right now, flying from Düsseldorf to Las Vegas. What I've noticed so far is that the A340-500 doesn't really cope with turbulence, it seems to have slight problems with XEnviro. In strong turbulence the autopilot jumps out immediately. Also I noticed that hot start and GPU is covered by a black box, this seems to be related to Xenviro. I have now set the turbulence to 20 percent which works better. In about 11 hours I will land in Las Vegas with Autoland and will give my feedback on that then. But so far I'm very excited about the plane. :-)

Supplement does not seem flyable in the condition yet. Starts to climb for no apparent reason, then the autopilot jumps out and the machine can no longer be controlled. Also, the autopilot can no longer be switched on. So the A340 stays in the hanger for now.

csekora wrote:

Not sure where to post this?

Just did my first flight and on landing approach about 250 ft from the runway the engines went from approach mode to full thrust without any command from me i had to manually disconnect auto throttle and bring the thrust back down. also upon touchdown had to manually deploy the speed brakes as they did not deploy and were armed before hand still no deployment. Also when using auto land function the plane did not flare at all and hit the ground at about -654 fpm. overall i think it a good plane but still needs a few tweaks.

I just get the same case with "full thrust". Can you provide me Log.txt from that flight of, if this will happen again - please save log for me (better to Skype j.a.romanov)

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

godmann wrote:

Supplement does not seem flyable in the condition yet. Starts to climb for no apparent reason, then the autopilot jumps out and the machine can no longer be controlled. Also, the autopilot can no longer be switched on. So the A340 stays in the hanger for now.

Any Log from the situation, please?

30 (edited by godmann 2021-08-02 09:53:10)

Hello Mr. Romanov, I'll test again right now without XEnviro maybe that was the reason.

So next test this time with Ultra Weather and ActivSky. It seems that it is actually due to XEnviro. Takeoff was very smooth and climb rate was fine. I will now climb to Fl 360 and see what happens. Will keep you updated.

PS: Mr. Romanov, I do not have Skype.

As it seems, it is definitely XEnviro. Make now but a shorter flight EDDL-KJFK lol. I am curious about Autoland.

godmann wrote:

So next test this time with Ultra Weather and ActivSky. It seems that it is actually due to XEnviro. Takeoff was very smooth and climb rate was fine. I will now climb to Fl 360 and see what happens. Will keep you updated.

Ok, understand about Skype. Sure, xEnviro affect a lot on this aircraft in hi turbulence. Especially if fly with AP engaged. I test this conditions right now.. still think about this.. Thanks anyway.

Maybe a stupid question,but is it possible manually change speed or HDG in AP active mode?

35 (edited by godmann 2021-08-02 16:27:34)

J.A.Romanov wrote:
godmann wrote:

Ok, understand about Skype. Sure, xEnviro affect a lot on this aircraft in hi turbulence. Especially if fly with AP engaged. I test this conditions right now.. still think about this.. Thanks anyway.

I just remembered something, I remember when the A320 of yours came out and if I remember correctly FSRGW came a little later and there was a lot of turbulence too. I was still using X Plane 10 at the time and there autopilot always comes out about every few seconds. Anyway, they fixed it quickly a little later. It can be that some old errors appear again. Just a thought from me. Maybe this could help a little.

zdenek.molcan wrote:

Maybe a stupid question,but is it possible manually change speed or HDG in AP active mode?

Hi,

If the AP is on HDG and SPD are in managed mode. Right click the button to turn it into manual mode. Same for all Airbus. Then you can turn knob to the speed or heading you want.

For speed just make sure Auto throttle switch is on and throttle levers are in climb or speed mode.

Good luck

37 (edited by edu2703 2021-08-02 21:33:58)

J.A.Romanov wrote:
2055729991 wrote:

Spoiler during replay! Jd330 and 340 have this problem. The replay is too strange! This needs to be repaired as soon as possible! I hope jardesign is getting better and better

The reason for this is X-Plane replay mode can not play back custom datarefs (we use custom for this), but should. Already talk with Ben Supnik (LR lead coder) about this, he promise, but still not done.

Have you ever thought about not using custom datarefs for spoiler actuation? I believe that on the A330, you didn't use it before as the spoilers worked in replay. Are custom datarefs strictly necessary for spoiler actuation? I don't remember there was a problem with them before the update.

gigabenga wrote:

would be best that you disappear full posts from the forum or you Mr. Romanov gives your money back request a refound if you are not satisfied you are a complete idiot. You don't seem to know anything about flying or you can't even operate an airplane. As the saying goes then go to Toliss. Or play Fortnite. You heiner. Sorry that had to be said if I were an administrator, you would have long been blocked with your very stupid statements

Well, thank goodness you're not the admin. Imagine if you released an aircraft and then banned any criticism or bug reporting on your forum. I don't think there would be any possibility that your aircraft would improve over time.

I might believe this was a mistake on my part, but I have already found three other people reporting the same kamikaze bug using autoland. It may still be a user error, but it's something a competent developer would at least investigate.

I have Toliss and FFA320. I know how to fly a modern Airbus. It's not my fault that JARDesign systems aren't simulated properly and I have to expect their aircraft to behave differently than it does in real life.

I don't know you and you don't know me. Avoid making insinuations please. I never criticized who likes JARdesign planes, because people are allowed to have different opinions about something. If you liked it, good for you. I didn't like it and I'm telling you why.

My criticisms can be harsh or almost sound like an insult to the developers, but they are still valid and judging by what the devs have done, or rather, have not done in recent years and the current state of their products, they are deserving of all the criticism they get.

Also, this forum needs a reality check. I see that some users want to turn it into a cult of Mr. Romanov or into a bubble just with users who liked the aircraft. Out of here, opinions are mostly negative. In fact, the only positive opinions I've found on the A340 so far have been here.

edu2703 wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
2055729991 wrote:

Spoiler during replay! Jd330 and 340 have this problem. The replay is too strange! This needs to be repaired as soon as possible! I hope jardesign is getting better and better

The reason for this is X-Plane replay mode can not play back custom datarefs (we use custom for this), but should. Already talk with Ben Supnik (LR lead coder) about this, he promise, but still not done.

Have you ever thought about not using custom datarefs for spoiler actuation? I believe that on the A330, you didn't use it before as the spoilers worked in replay. Are custom datarefs strictly necessary for spoiler actuation? I don't remember there was a problem with them before the update.

gigabenga wrote:

would be best that you disappear full posts from the forum or you Mr. Romanov gives your money back request a refound if you are not satisfied you are a complete idiot. You don't seem to know anything about flying or you can't even operate an airplane. As the saying goes then go to Toliss. Or play Fortnite. You heiner. Sorry that had to be said if I were an administrator, you would have long been blocked with your very stupid statements

Well, thank goodness you're not the admin. Imagine if you released an aircraft and then banned any criticism or bug reporting on your forum. I don't think there would be any possibility that your aircraft would improve over time.

I might believe this was a mistake on my part, but I have already found three other people reporting the same kamikaze bug using autoland. It may still be a user error, but it's something a competent developer would at least investigate.

I have Toliss and FFA320. I know how to fly a modern Airbus. It's not my fault that JARDesign systems aren't simulated properly and I have to expect their aircraft to behave differently than it does in real life.

I don't know you and you don't know me. Avoid making insinuations please. I never criticized who likes JARdesign planes, because people are allowed to have different opinions about something. If you liked it, good for you. I didn't like it and I'm telling you why.

My criticisms can be harsh or almost sound like an insult to the developers, but they are still valid and judging by what the devs have done, or rather, have not done in recent years and the current state of their products, they are deserving of all the criticism they get.

Also, this forum needs a reality check. I see that some users want to turn it into a cult of Mr. Romanov or into a bubble just with users who liked the aircraft. Out of here, opinions are mostly negative. In fact, the only positive opinions I've found on the A340 so far have been here.

You can call me Skype j.a.romanov to make test flight together, check all settings and aircraft operation. A different reasons may be - no problem to check it online.

godmann wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
godmann wrote:

I just remembered something, I remember when the A320 of yours came out and if I remember correctly FSRGW came a little later and there was a lot of turbulence too. I was still using X Plane 10 at the time and there autopilot always comes out about every few seconds. Anyway, they fixed it quickly a little later. It can be that some old errors appear again. Just a thought from me. Maybe this could help a little.

Thanks. This fix will be include to update.

40 (edited by godmann 2021-08-03 07:56:23)

So I would like to call the A340 a diamond in the rough and to become a Brilliant it still needs some fine tuning. After some testing with ActivSky, I noticed that the autopilot jumps out in slightly stronger turbulence. XEnivo is not recommended at the moment, as the turbulence is much too strong for the A340. Autoland is not working properly yet and tends to crash. Also, I have noticed during thrust reversal that the aircraft starts to spin.
In its current state, I would call the A340 a beta. But I personally like the A340 very much and I think after some fixes it will be a really good Airbus 340-500.

edu2703 wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
2055729991 wrote:

gigabenga wrote:

That nor the comparison to Toliss I find unfair, because after all, he also costs twice as much. I also think that you should not insult, but rather give constructive criticism.

For the sound BSS preview? Or Fmod?
Thankx

Thank you very much.
Zdenek

chris.palfreyman wrote:
zdenek.molcan wrote:

Hi,

If the AP is on HDG and SPD are in managed mode. Right click the button to turn it into manual mode. Same for all Airbus. Then you can turn knob to the speed or heading you want.

For speed just make sure Auto throttle switch is on and throttle levers are in climb or speed mode.

Good luck

Hi there,

I just got my A345 today and it is a great aircraft. However, I am getting a really low frame rate in rainy weather, both on the ground and during flight. I am not too sure if any others are experiencing the same issue.

Can someone help?

Regards

45 (edited by hazlamahedich 2021-08-03 20:32:20)

I have test flown this on the OMAA-VABB twice and at both instances when I disconnect the AP at 1000 ft it suddenly goes nose up the engine thrust is still the same but the nose goes up all of a sudden. When it happens it is hard to get the nose down not sure if thats because i use a honeycomb yoke but i only experience this when flying the A340-500. Both were done on ILS approach on runway 27 of VABB

I also tried instead of pressing the AP disconnect i pressed the FD button to deactivate FD. It also deactivated the AP at 1000 ft this time it the nose did not go up but it pointed down. However same as the first one i could not control the plane to nose up no matter how hard i pulled back on the yoke.

Given what i have observed so far i then tried to disconnect at a minimum 207 ft by disengaging the FD i was able to land. however I had trouble controlling the pitch and ended up with a hard landing not sure why it is hard to control it is it really the case for the a340-500? Again i only experience it with this aircraft with the honeycomb yoke. I'm attaching my log for reference.

46 (edited by Sluijsens 2021-08-05 13:58:28)

hazlamahedich wrote:

... suddenly goes nose up the engine thrust is still the same but the nose goes up all of a sudden. When it happens it is hard to get the nose down not sure if thats because i use a honeycomb yoke...

No it's not the Honeycomb Yoke. I had the same thing happening yesterday on my first flight. Just before the final turn to final I was decelerating and suddenly it thought the best way to do that was just putting the nose in the air. I am using the TCA airbus joystick and quadrants.

Another issue I had was that the plane was going crazy when climbing going up and down with 3000+ fpm. When I took manual control, stabilized it and then turned on managed modes again everything was alright.

Furthermore, I really like how you can enable TCA mode and everything is just set up. However, A few controls don't work:

• (resolved) - Speedbrake only works when turning on the axis, but it doesn't reflect the modes on the quadrant itself. A minor issue imo, but still worth looking into

• (resolved) - Flaps lever on the quadrant straight up don't work (I think in the A330 they didn't work either). Flaps do work when I assign a button with the correct command though.

• Parking brake has to be assigned separately and it can only toggle instead of having off and on commands. Also minor issue because there is a workaround.

• The eng starters 3 and 4 switches also don't work when I connect a second quadrant.

These things were some issues I encountered. I hope the tca quadrant can be supported so that ALL buttons, knobs, levers and switches.

Just like the A330 I really enjoyed flying it so thank you for this aircraft and I hope to see some of the issues people mentioned being fixed soon.

Keep up the good work!

Sluijsens wrote:

Speedbrake only works when turning on the axis, but it doesn't reflect the modes on the quadrant itself. A minor issue imo, but still worth looking into
Flaps lever on the quadrant straight up don't work (I think in the A330 they didn't work either). Flaps do work when I assign a button with the correct command though.

this should work well, at least if you follow manual. You may call me Skype j.a.romanov - we will check your settings online

J.A.Romanov wrote:
Sluijsens wrote:

Speedbrake only works when turning on the axis, but it doesn't reflect the modes on the quadrant itself. A minor issue imo, but still worth looking into
Flaps lever on the quadrant straight up don't work (I think in the A330 they didn't work either). Flaps do work when I assign a button with the correct command though.

this should work well, at least if you follow manual. You may call me Skype j.a.romanov - we will check your settings online

I tried to reconfigure and see what went wrong. When resetting the TCA controls it configured the flaps on my nr 1&2 as well as at the 3&4 quadrant. Having this conflict make sit so that the flaps lever will not move.

I fixed it now. But still the parking brake had to be set-up manually and the eng #3 and eng#4 starters cannot be engaged or disengaged. Ill update my previous post to avoid misinformation.

However, the autopilot managed pitch was still an issue. Hope that gets resolved soon.

Thanks for the quick response.

I have purchased the product and the order tells me that there is no serial number. But when I go into the game it still requires me to enter the serial number. Can anyone tell me why this is? Where do I get this serial number from?

Hello, good afternoon! Today I bought this product, I must say that so far it has worked within the expected, anyway, I think there is a lot to improve, but it is nice to fly it. I would like to know where you can get information about this 340-500, what is indicated in the product manual with reference to documentation, does not seem to be valid, I could not find cargo data, number of passengers in this forum or in the xplane forum , etc. In brief, the default model of the 340-500 when a flight is implemented, does not match the aircraft when setting weights. For example, simbrief indicates 266 passengers, and the plane only allows 220, then I would like to know if there is specific material on that JD 340-500 model. I would appreciate any guidance on this. Congratulations on the project and I hope you continue to improve it!