Topic: X-Life public beta-3 190116 (Win & Mac)

-----What New?---------------------------------------->

Beta 3 190116 (actual)
+ Add ATIS info for Departure/Arrival airports to ATC panel
+ Add ability to start descend when pilot ready (ATC phrase)
+ Tune climb angles (takeoff phase) for AI aircrafts
+ Add cruise flight level checking by ATC (0-180-360 rules)
+ Add dark map background
+ SQUACK code by ATC fixed
+ Add transponder mode ATC check (when you on runway / leave runway)
+ Follow Me car route fixed (stop FMCar before runway)
+ add screen warning messages for different situations
+ add ATC voice (need improve, but work now). Can be turned On/Off via X-Plane menu
+ add data checking after entered at FlightPlan panel
+ add visual indication of runway vacation direction after landing
+ add lights for AI aircrafts
+ add more sceneries/airports
+ improve ATC voice phraseology

Beta 2 030116 (old)
+ add Windows version
+ unlock airports for beta-tests
+ panels "out of screen" fixed
+ perfomance improve

FUTURE TASKS:
Requested features (not released jet)
+ add GoAround ATC pattern (done for beta 4)
+ add Screen-side menu (done for beta 4)
- Ability to change how much seconds ATC panel show (before auto-hide)
- Add ATC requests what ATC not get readback from pilot
- improve aircraft markers info
- rework map
- add traffic Off option to menu
- rework towing/engine start phase for AI aircrafts
- add Alt/FL ATC clearance with constrains (take in account)
- add true radio freq from reallife
- add export route to file option
- increase airtraffic generation density
- add crossing RW for user

Serial for Windows users: XL-BETA-190116-WIN
Serial for Mac OSX users: XL-BETA-190116-MAC

-------FOR USERs---------------------------------------->
You can use this version with airports what are always have custom ATC-routed description. Please use this map https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= … sp=sharing
If you click on every of this airport - you will find a link for this sceneries.

-------FOR ScENERIES DEVELOPERS-------------------->
So, is you are X-Plane scenery developer, you may use this version to check how good your WED atc-taxi-routes work with real traffic plugin. X-Life may read apt.dat files well, direct from Custom scenery folder. Also you can export apt.dat using WED to ../X-Life/Airports/ folder. In this case, X-Life will ignore apt.dat in Custom scenery and will read your XXXX.dat (XXXX - ICAO airport code) from ../X-Life/Airports/. Sure, you need do one more thing before testing - use X-Plane menu / Plugins / X-Life / Gates editor to set parameters for EVERY gate (batch edit supported). If you need some examples of propertly builded airports ATC-taxiroutes, you may just import any of this (http://jardesign.org/forum/viewforum.php?id=33) using WED and look into. Sure, you need registration serial. Please contact me direct via skype j.a.romanov (only way) for this.

-------About FMCar-------------------------------------->
If you use FMCar, please update your version - it will be compatible with X-Life (useful to request ATC for FMCar and ATC will call FMCar for you and supply it with needed Ground Route).
Download link for FMCar ver 2.4r1 MAC OS / Windows - http://jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1633

-------X-Life DOWNLOAD LINK-------------------------->
MAC/WIN preview beta 190116 Download link -
www.jardesign.org/x-life/download/xlife_190116.zip

Just after installation, please install actual hotfix 4 for this beta 3, based on CTD reports. Please delete old .xpl files from X-Life folder and install new from this pack. No additional registration should be.
www.jardesign.org/x-life/download/b3hf4.zip

-------HOW TO INSTALL--------------------------------->
You can find Instruction inside .zip Please Read and Follow it!

-------HOW TO / Example flight ------------------------>
example flight https://youtu.be/-PHKHSJLr08?t=1s

-------FAQ------------------------------------------------>
I see issues! Should I post here? - Mostly - Yes. If you are scenery developer, your way - contact direct via skype to discuss some. If you are regular X-Plane user - you can post, i will read, BUT for many-many your issues, please be sure what I have the same issues this time and know about this, cause plugin is incomplete and not for comfort using now. This is some another, earlier stage of development.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

Re: X-Life public beta-3 190116 (Win & Mac)

Appreciated!

Gonna start testing tomorrow evening :-)

SYSTEM: X-Plane 11.00pb9, Win 10 (64bit), Intel Core i7 6700K@4.5 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X, 32GB RAM, 1.25 TB SSD, SAMSUNG SUHD 55'' TV@3840x2160px, TrackIR5; PLUGINS/ TOOLS: FS Global Real Weather, SkyMaxxPro v4.1, Real Weather Connector, Gnd Handl. Deluxe, X-Camera, NDP Charts, Navigraph AIRAC; A/C: JARDesign: A320neo & A330

Just add .dat and .txt for EFTP Tampere–Pirkkala airport. Small by very nice.

J.A.Romanov wrote:

Just add .dat and .txt for EFTP Tampere–Pirkkala airport. Small by very nice.

Do you know, if your ATC network is useable with the freeware of that airport findable here:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app … file=24632

SYSTEM: X-Plane 11.00pb9, Win 10 (64bit), Intel Core i7 6700K@4.5 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X, 32GB RAM, 1.25 TB SSD, SAMSUNG SUHD 55'' TV@3840x2160px, TrackIR5; PLUGINS/ TOOLS: FS Global Real Weather, SkyMaxxPro v4.1, Real Weather Connector, Gnd Handl. Deluxe, X-Camera, NDP Charts, Navigraph AIRAC; A/C: JARDesign: A320neo & A330

Hello Mr Romanov, CTD when reporting T/D. (LFMN-LOWI)  Love the changes and feel overall. Voice works good. Excellent update!
I attached my log which ends with --=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: X-Life}==--
Hope this helps, if you need any other files, please let me know.
ciao
DiLuigi
PS...Had to shut off python scripting for NOAA in order to use the requested Real Weather

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 539.36 kb, 425 downloads since 2016-01-19 

“The universe is big. It’s vast, complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.”The Doctor
Win7Pro64/i76700k 4.6/GTX 1080ti STRIX oc/32gbCorsairVengeance DD4Ram3000/ASUS Z170Deluxe

6 (edited by captbullett 2016-01-19 16:01:30)

Good day,
I had two CTD's to start but this was my fault, I had to put things into place I will now start testing there are no more CTD on opining the XP app. and testing of X-Life can continue.
captbullett

Thinking out loud;

I had a message in green that said I should start //*Real Weather or Grab Weather from the .net /// before, turning the 'traffic on'
is this a must?
A; Yes
you must have the weather set to * Real Weather, for this version of X-Life to get the traffic to work.

2) grey background for Air traffic map is good can it be lighten 10-20% in the screen tint. it would be better.

Yes, need use realweather, cause plugin read weather info from METAR.WXR file what updated by X-Plane

Thanks for log CTD when reporting T/D. I will try to understand what happen. Newer get this CTD myself, but have some reports.

To joomie - dont know, may be..

8 (edited by captbullett 2016-01-19 16:34:12)

Good day,
this is very complex need to watch video first since, much has changed the CTD is most likely my fault for not doing procedures right.
Brian

Post's attachments

Attachment icon bbox_log.txt 101 b, 350 downloads since 2016-01-19 

Attachment icon Log.txt 95.25 kb, 384 downloads since 2016-01-19 

9 (edited by pic 2016-01-19 16:50:54)

Before I start dinner, I had a great re-flight (LFMN-LOWI) with same parameters and no problem. Perfect flight except for a AT issue with the 320 towards the final...In the first flight, What I remember doing was reporting T/D about ten miles after instead of right on it like I just did with the new flight. That might well be what happened when I reported T/D after then a CTD.
Just love the plugin...great addition Mr R smile

J.A.Romanov wrote:

Yes, need use realweather, cause plugin read weather info from METAR.WXR file what updated by X-Plane

Thanks for log CTD when reporting T/D. I will try to understand what happen. Newer get this CTD myself, but have some reports.

To joomie - dont know, may be..

“The universe is big. It’s vast, complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.”The Doctor
Win7Pro64/i76700k 4.6/GTX 1080ti STRIX oc/32gbCorsairVengeance DD4Ram3000/ASUS Z170Deluxe

Using the EDDM scenery.  When I turn on traffic, I get a message from SkyMaxx Pro saying that resources are low.  Then get a CTD when I try to generate a flight plan.  Log.txt attached.

Will try now with Skymaxx disabled.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 67.02 kb, 418 downloads since 2016-01-19 

Good day,
lower your settings on SMP3 thats all you need to do
B

Acei wrote:

Using the EDDM scenery.  When I turn on traffic, I get a message from SkyMaxx Pro saying that resources are low.  Then get a CTD when I try to generate a flight plan.  Log.txt attached.

Acei wrote:

Uninstalled SkyMaxx Pro and still getting the CTD when trying to calculate a flight plan from EDDM to EGLL with the alternate of EGKK.

good day,
this is why I said to just lower the settings I do not think SMPv3 is at issue .
B

Acei wrote:
Acei wrote:

Uninstalled SkyMaxx Pro and still getting the CTD when trying to calculate a flight plan from EDDM to EGLL with the alternate of EGKK.

captbullett wrote:

good day,
this is why I said to just lower the settings I do not think SMPv3 is at issue .
B

Tried that and also minimised my rendering settings.  Still getting a CTD when trying to create a flight plan.

Hello Mr Romanov,

I am working with the real weather from EFASS (UltraWX).
But If I turn Traffic On" X-Life told me
"You should turn on real weather Option before".
It doesen´t work with EFASS. Could you help.

Thank you

pic wrote:

Hello Mr Romanov, CTD when reporting T/D. (LFMN-LOWI)  Love the changes and feel overall. Voice works good. Excellent update!
I attached my log which ends with --=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: X-Life}==--
Hope this helps, if you need any other files, please let me know.
ciao
DiLuigi
PS...Had to shut off python scripting for NOAA in order to use the requested Real Weather

Fix it now. Just find a reason and fix. So, this happen if pilot report TOD to Approach, not Center. But anyway fix this CTD

Acei wrote:
captbullett wrote:

good day,
B

Tried that and also minimised my rendering settings.  Still getting a CTD when trying to create a flight plan.

With any Dep/Arrival? If EDDM-EDDL is CTD happen too?

Mario wrote:

Hello Mr Romanov,

I am working with the real weather from EFASS (UltraWX).
But If I turn Traffic On" X-Life told me
"You should turn on real weather Option before".
It doesen´t work with EFASS. Could you help.

Thank you

Yes, need use realweather, cause plugin read weather info from METAR.WXR file what updated by X-Plane. X-Life read metar from this file. Sure, if no actual metar file, no chance for ATC to select actual runways etc. Will think about this. Dont know now.

19 (edited by joomie 2016-01-19 20:40:16)

J.A.Romanov wrote:

I use real weather setting but it is not downloaded. it is injected by the wonderfull application FS Global Real Weather. interesting because i get no weather information in ATIS text. maybe FS Global Real Weather does not update/ write this METAR.WXR.

Hm it is updated:

user@jarpc ~/opt/windows/X-Plane10
$ ls -l | grep MET
-rwxrwx---+ 1 user           user  1256894 Jan 19 21:28 METAR.rwx

but:
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/436/t/p1a9dpr0773r01ntfgeq99m1kqh3.png

Hi Joomie,
What I had to do was disable NOAA plugin,In your case the GRW plugin in the plugin pull down menu in xp, then go to Environment tab and select Weather. In weather select the furthest right side tab to Download Real weather, then click Download now.
Now try to call Traffic..should happen now.

joomie wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:

I use real weather setting but it is not downloaded. it is injected by the wonderfull application FS Global Real Weather. interesting because i get no weather information in ATIS text. maybe FS Global Real Weather does not update/ write this METAR.WXR.

Hm it is updated:

$ ls -l | grep MET

but:

pic wrote:

Hi Joomie,
What I had to do was disable NOAA plugin,In your case the GRW plugin in the plugin pull down menu in xp, then go to Environment tab and select Weather. In weather select the furthest right side tab to Download Real weather, then click Download now.
Now try to call Traffic..should happen now.

joomie wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:

Hm it is updated:

$ ls -l | grep MET

but:

Hi! I have no NOAA plugin installed. And yes, FS Global Real Weather needs setting to "download" weather. In reality it is injected by the 3rd party application then.

Hi,

I love this plugin. Thank you Mr Romanov.

I just have a problem with the flight plan, when i click on Export button i dont find the flight plan in my MCDU on my A330 JarDesign (i start BAT, APU and MCDU  before i click  on Export button) .

I probably do something wrong but i dont know what. If somebody can help me it will be nice.

geodix wrote:

Hi,

I just have a problem with the flight plan, when i click on Export button i dont find the flight plan in my MCDU on my A330 JarDesign (i start BAT, APU and MCDU  before i click  on Export button) .

I probably do something wrong but i dont know what. If somebody can help me it will be nice.

do you use latest build of A330?
Or try to find file tmpplan.txt in X-Plane10\Aircraft\Heavy Metal\330_JARDesign1.2r2\FlightPlans\

rename it to EGLLEDDH.txt if you fly from EGLL to EDDH.
Then enter EGLLEDDH as company route on init opage of MCDU

Good day,
did it generate into the Flight Plan widget?
if so, then did you send it to ATS and get approved ,
then, you have to have external power, and GPU set to on,
then you can export FlightPlan to MCDU yes
I hope this is right for you,
B

geodix wrote:

Hi,

J.A.Romanov wrote:

With any Dep/Arrival? If EDDM-EDDL is CTD happen too?

Hi JAR,

I reinstalled x-life and am now getting the traffic to work and getting the stats in terms of gates/traffic on screen.  I wasn't getting that before.

However, I'm still getting a crash when I try to create a flight plan no matter where to.  I've been monitoring my CPU and RAM usage.  I have 8GB of RAM which I know is on the low side for XP.  As soon as I turn on traffic, the memory usage jumps from 5GB to close to 8GB.  I think that's what causing the crash.  As soon as I go to create a flight plan, I go over the 8GB and get a CTD.  X-Life seems to require a lot of RAM.