1 (edited by Wr269 2015-09-21 04:09:36)

Topic: Alpha Floor

Hi everyone, had an interesting issue yesterday 20th September. I departed RPLL in the middle of a tropical storm.

As I turned to look on my left to check the runway was clear, I heard "landing checklist complete" and saw that the checklist went from After Departure to Landing checklist....this erased all my flight plan from the MCDU.

After reentering the flightplan, departure was uneventful. I found severe turbulence above F200.

When I was above F280 the speed tape started going crazy and the aircraft started to bounce really hard. Autopilot disconnected and it started to descend on a nose-high attitude. I saw Alpha Floor engage when speed got below 160knots and throttles went to TOGA. I had manual control and aircraft stabilised below F280.

I managed to turn on autopilot again to maintain F280 and disconnected AutoThrust, moved the levers to idle....then moved them up to CLB and engaged Auto Thrust but the aircraft kept going into overspeed as soon as the button was pressed.

I am using the latest Beta of the A330...I am sure I did something wrong here, as I have never had any issues before. Once Alpha Floor is engaged, what is the correct procedure for resetting the throttle control?