Topic: FMGS flight plans modifications when in flight

How to modify the flight plan when we are in fllight ?? For example :
The plane is planed to fly to several waypoints such as A,B,C,D. The target is A. But ATC wants the plane to go straight to C.
How to do it ? Click in front of C, hold way point.. are not usefull. In Boeing 777 you do that, then click in front of A. You valid. The plane goes to C which is now instead of A.
The only way I see for the time being is to clear A, B as we do about discontinuity.
Is there someting quicker as we do in Tripple Seven ???

Re: FMGS flight plans modifications when in flight

Press DIR (=Direct to) key, click button next to the waypoint you want to fly. And then the key next to insert.

This only works if you DIR TO a waypoint that's already in the flightplan (LEGS). But what if ATC in their infinite wisdom sends you to a fix of VOR that is not in your flightplan? Now you need to modify your LEGS page and that's time consuming.

Sierra 10.13.6 - 4.5 GHz i7 - Retina 5120 x 2880 - 16 GB - Radeon Pro 580 8 GB - X-Plane 11 - Ravcore Javelin - 767 FF - 777 FF - 787 Dreamliner - plugin tester Airbus A350 FF - A320Neo JD - A380 PH - A330 PH - alpha/beta tester A330 JD - CRJ200 - beta tester 747-8i SSG - IXEG 733 - EADT 737-800 v5 - 757 v2 FF - ZIBO 737-800 - SSG Embrear 195 - FF A320

Thanks Homer. It runs quickly as you write.
Thanks also TD Plane. You are right.
Best regards to both of you