Re: ver 2.5 beta 1 WIN/MAC 64 bit

Specifically re posts above by XTerminator24 and capbullett.  I haven't had the time to test it carefully but I believe I have the exact issue described by Xterminator24 above "Issue 1".  After loading the co route without apparent problems when selecting the STAR it says "[dest. airport] deleted from FLT PL".  Duplicated this with different city pairs.  Most of route then deleted from F-PLN page as described by XTerminator24. This only happens if the first fixes after "SID" in the text file for the company route are also included in the SID read from the nav database (Navigraph 1510).  If I make sure that there's no overlap of way points between the database SID and the first way point in the .txt file no problems.  I don't have time to test it more than that now.  Will investigate more if possible. (10.36 WIN7 64)

And most importantly I agree with the opinion that if you get the managed descent logic fixed and sort the lat nav logic so it will reasonably track (in managed mode) turning SIDs 90% of your customers will jump with joy and not care so much about any of these other things.

I wanted to report back on my issues... After reading through pages, and pages of the FCOM (remember me saying I'm not a pilot?) I'm pretty sure my issue with VOR tracking is pilot error. I didn't realize the Airbus automated flight system doesn't support tracking a VOR radial using the LOC button as I was attempting. I will adjust my own flying methods as per the FCOM and see how things go.

I love the A320 despite it's few glitches and hiccups. It's my favorite modern airliner in X-Plane and I feel it keeps getting better with each update and as I put the time in to figure out how to fly it properly. Well done, looking forward to more improvements!

zrcx - Thanks for the information. I'm going to try using CoRoutes with no overlap of waypoints between the SID and STAR and see what happens. Really good tip and discovery!

Good day,
you can fly VOR but in the Way the system is set-up to run it I have done it but now i have to try to remember how to ... give me a day since, there has been a death in the XP family I have not been doing any work on XP... out of respect for Emma, and her brother
captbullett

XTerminator24 wrote:

I wanted to report back on my issues... After reading through pages, and pages of the FCOM (remember me saying I'm not a pilot?) I'm pretty sure my issue with VOR tracking is pilot error. I didn't realize the Airbus automated flight system doesn't support tracking a VOR radial using the LOC button as I was attempting. I will adjust my own flying methods as per the FCOM and see how things go.

I love the A320 despite it's few glitches and hiccups. It's my favorite modern airliner in X-Plane and I feel it keeps getting better with each update and as I put the time in to figure out how to fly it properly. Well done, looking forward to more improvements!

zrcx - Thanks for the information. I'm going to try using CoRoutes with no overlap of waypoints between the SID and STAR and see what happens. Really good tip and discovery!

Good day,
First question what AIRAC are you running 1508 is the version I am running with this version Airbus... and I am not a fan of 10.36 for XP it had to many issues that most people blamed on plugins when it was the XP app it self that was at issue. I saw this as an Apple developer and just did not want to start waves with people! I now have a great running 10.40r3 that i have no issues at all on my mac ..."." So, if you give me some more information I might be able to help you work through your issues if you want the help if not that is ok also.
captbullett

AdrianoN wrote:

The most important issue that we are currently facing is the inability of flying correctly the SID and STARS. At the moment, I'm using X plane 10.36.

captbullett wrote:

Good day,
First question what AIRAC are you running 1508 is the version I am running with this version Airbus... and I am not a fan of 10.36 for XP it had to many issues that most people blamed on plugins when it was the XP app it self that was at issue. I saw this as an Apple developer and just did not want to start waves with people! I now have a great running 10.40r3 that i have no issues at all on my mac ..."." So, if you give me some more information I might be able to help you work through your issues if you want the help if not that is ok also.
captbullett

AdrianoN wrote:

The most important issue that we are currently facing is the inability of flying correctly the SID and STARS. At the moment, I'm using X plane 10.36.

If what AdrianoN is talking about is the fly-by/fly-over points, this isn't a matter of what AIRAC version or what version of XP we're using.  It is a limitation of the FMC in it's current state.  Do you know what we are referring to?   

https://skyvector.com/files/tpp/1510/pdf/00375SSTIK.PDF

On this SID, SSTIK (the fix with the circle around it) should be the ONLY fix the plane has to fly-over.  The rest are fly-by, and right now the FMC doesn't know the difference between the two.

81 (edited by AdrianoN 2015-09-26 13:15:55)

So that's what I am talking about. I notice it mainly in sharp turns.

82 (edited by captbullett 2015-09-26 14:55:12)

Good day,
Yes I do know what you are talking about to begin with but, I keep seeing all of these posts about issues and how the MCDU and the FMC are not working. So, I want to be very clear , I am Alpha testing a plugin that requires not only me but the aircraft in XP to perform in the correct manner  or it will not work "."and I have chosen the JAR A330, the A320neo, DHC-6 and the Alabeo C207 Skywagon as, the aircraft that I am testing for the plugin on just because, of the way the MCDU and the FMC  or the radios work on these aircraft and the way the developers designed and wrote the code behind the aircraft. and all of them work very well  and if you are having issues then and I am not going to sugar coat it any more, go back and take the time to read the manual on how to operate the aircraft you are trying to fly i do not care which one it is!
I do not mind helping out but when I keep seeing post the just keep complaining and do not send bbox.txt or log txt and then give every excuse why they are not need then Please don't get upset because, your aircraft is not preforming the way you want.
captbullett

PS now if we work together the issue can be resolved I will always help but no one is a mind reader! we need the Data to know what is going on as trivial to you as it might seem if you send the data JAR keeps asking for it just might solve your issue.
captbullett 

tiger6k wrote:
captbullett wrote:

Good day,
captbullett

AdrianoN wrote:

If what AdrianoN is talking about is the fly-by/fly-over points, this isn't a matter of what AIRAC version or what version of XP we're using.  It is a limitation of the FMC in it's current state.  Do you know what we are referring to?   

https://skyvector.com/files/tpp/1510/pdf/00375SSTIK.PDF

On this SID, SSTIK (the fix with the circle around it) should be the ONLY fix the plane has to fly-over.  The rest are fly-by, and right now the FMC doesn't know the difference between the two.

83 (edited by rodrigoef 2015-09-26 22:52:00)

Updated to 10.40 RC3 on Steam and the pressure problem appeared. During the descend, crossig FL 200 the cabin starts to become dark, but the pressure seems ok in the pannel. The effect disappear arround FL 100.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon a320neo_3.png 586.49 kb, 157 downloads since 2015-09-26 

Attachment icon a320neo_4.png 2.16 mb, 158 downloads since 2015-09-26 

Attachment icon bbox_log.txt 6.87 kb, 328 downloads since 2015-09-26 

Attachment icon Log.txt 67.97 kb, 394 downloads since 2015-09-26 

Looks like most problems I ran into on this new flight were mentioned.  Not sure if this one was.  When adding an altitude constraint (not visible on that page)...the plane will hold that constraint but once past will not move to continue descent...just holds there.  Also thrust idle is displayed even when thrust is not idle.

85 (edited by captbullett 2015-09-27 02:01:23)

Good day,
Thank-you so, much for the data it makes working on your issue easier so, to start with I see an error message ( probably has nothing to do with issue but should be fixed);

error: Cant find set.ini at=C:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 10\Aircraft\Heavy Metal\A320\plugins\sound3d\set.ini
SoundEngine: data load error. Check .cfg files!

did you change a sound file.

Second, I do not see your "HD" setting turned on this aircraft need the "HD" setting turned on for the lights to work so I wonder if it reacting to it. lets start there ...
captbullett

ps these settings might have been changed when you up-dated and you forgot to re-set...

rodrigoef wrote:

Updated to 10.40 RC3 on Steam and the pressure problem appeared. During the descend, crossig FL 200 the cabin starts to become dark, but the pressure seems ok in the pannel. The effect disappear arround FL 100.

captbullett wrote:

Good day,
Thank-you so, much for the data it makes working on your issue easier so, to start with I see an error message ( probably has nothing to do with issue but should be fixed);

error: Cant find set.ini at=C:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 10\Aircraft\Heavy Metal\A320\plugins\sound3d\set.ini

Second, I do not see your "HD" setting turned on this aircraft need the "HD" setting turned on for the lights to work so I wonder if it reacting to it. lets start there ...
captbullett

ps these settings might have been changed when you up-dated and you forgot to re-set...

rodrigoef wrote:

I didn't make any changes to aircraft, just unzipped and copied the content. The only things I have done is copied the liveries.

I am sure that the HDR lights were on. I don't remember if I needed to turn it on after I started the simulator, but they were on before the flight started.

Hi,
in this version I've encountered 2 problems, the first is that the plane not follow the altitude step climb as FP indicate, the second is this:

Today, during a flight, i was at crz altitude (FL390) whan without any reasons tha speed was down to 160kn while the power of engine was 89%, no strong wind on nose..nothing apparent reasons..i've desengage the managed mode but, as in managed mode, the speed not encrease and after some miles i've had stall.

Thanks in advance

Good day,
and?

dadez77 wrote:

Hi,
in this version I've encountered 2 problems, the first is that the plane not follow the altitude step climb as FP indicate, the second is this:

Today, during a flight, i was at crz altitude (FL390) whan without any reasons tha speed was down to 160kn while the power of engine was 89%, no strong wind on nose..nothing apparent reasons..i've desengage the managed mode but, as in managed mode, the speed not encrease and after some miles i've had stall.

Thanks in advance

Good day,
well , next this try a flight that you keep your sealing down to FL320 and no higher and see what you get...
captbullett

rodrigoef wrote:
captbullett wrote:

Good day,

captbullett

rodrigoef wrote:

I didn't make any changes to aircraft, just unzipped and copied the content. The only things I have done is copied the liveries.

I am sure that the HDR lights were on. I don't remember if I needed to turn it on after I started the simulator, but they were on before the flight started.

Hi,

i've done another flight at fl330 and all works fine, eccept climd and descend profile
Thanks

captbullett wrote:

Good day,
well , next this try a flight that you keep your sealing down to FL320 and no higher and see what you get...
captbullett

rodrigoef wrote:
captbullett wrote:

Good day,

captbullett

Good day,
today I ran a flight and posted my findings to U-tube along with the settings you should be setting-up the aircraft .
https://youtu.be/0wIWu433BTU

captbullett

Hi!

I had a rain effect issue.

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/750/t/p1a08ht5usa3gahs1677bqd1kck3.jpg

X plane 10.40 on Steam

93 (edited by tiger6k 2015-09-28 01:06:45)

Here is a simple example going into KSFO of the problem with the fly-over / fly-by fix points.
This is the incorrect way and the current way JAR A320 handles fly-by points.  It goes over and makes the STAR much harder to follow and you end up lining up with the runway much later.
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/661/t/p1a08njcvs1dgv1if21f9li5tqdh3.png 

Here is the correct way the FMC *should* read a fly-by fix, as you can see, it lines up much earlier and no longer needs to "fly-over" every fix.
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/661/t/p1a08njqmn1flchu11jr2gi77cgd.png

94 (edited by Haui 2015-09-29 09:52:09)

I'm having problems with STARs and Transitions again. Could someone check the following route and arrival? Transitions at EGLL seem to be missing completely and also the STAR does not have them included.

Route is: EDDF/EGLL
EDDF 25C BIBT3G BIBTI UZ29 NIK UL610 LAM EGLL ILS27R via LAM Transition (no STAR)

as the A320neo does not show the LAM Transition you can choose the entire  LAM3A STAR and delete the waypoints before LAM. Still you'll see that the Transition is incomplete, missing the following waypoints LAMD11, BNND15, BNND19 and BNNR133.

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/394/t/p1a09povos58713rg5p1lvg1fpe6.jpg

You can find the real IAP here: http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/in … d=143.html

It's this one:
INITIAL APPROACH PROCEDURES - ILS or MLS RWY 09L/R Without Radar Control via BNN and LAM

AIRAC is Navigraph 1501 and I checked within EGLL.txt that the LAM Transition to ILS27R is included.

This problem also exists on the A330 with the default 1410 AIRAC, so I think it's not a Navdata issue but the interpretation of it.

captbullett wrote:

Good day,
captbullett

Yes but it isn't normal that it happens. The aircraft should maintain the altitude indicated at least in the MCDU under PROG (opt).

I flew my first night flight in the A320 tonight and ran into issues with instruments going dark. I'm pretty sure I had all of the lights up as high as they'd go but still no artificial horizon, etc. This flight started in daylight and ended at night. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Attached are log and bbox_log

I took some screenshots to demonstrate what I had. If I turned on night vision, the displays were there, they just weren't lit.

http://i.imgur.com/q4Fy7am.png

http://i.imgur.com/M9AJktY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HuflqsF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Pfy5I1n.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7GNILjd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kaKy3Sn.jpg

Post's attachments

Attachment icon bbox_log.txt 4.31 kb, 307 downloads since 2015-09-28 

Attachment icon Log.txt 108.36 kb, 338 downloads since 2015-09-28 

97 (edited by captbullett 2015-09-29 01:42:12)

Good day,
what is this;
Xsaitekpanels: xsaitekpanels.ini is version   2.44
Xsaitekpanels: channelspacing833enable ==  0
WARNING: the named light Light does not exist.
ERROR: object Custom Scenery/NYC/Planes/CRJ_USAir.obj has a bad light name: Light
ERROR: object Custom Scenery/NYC/Planes/CRJ_USAir.obj has a bad light name: Light

it shows up two times;

what ever this is it is most likely your issue... and causing your issue... and then this;

SASL ERROR: Error updating avionics: [string "C:\X-Plane 10 Beta\Aircraft\Payware\A320neoJD..."]:0: attempt to index a nil value
this could also, be the issue bottom line there are many error messages here to clean up I would remove some of the plugins and clean up XP to begin with...
captbullett

XTerminator24 wrote:

I flew my first night flight in the A320 tonight and ran into issues with instruments going dark. I'm pretty sure I had all of the lights up as high as they'd go but still no artificial horizon, etc. This flight started in daylight and ended at night. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Attached are log and bbox_log

I took some screenshots to demonstrate what I had. If I turned on night vision, the displays were there, they just weren't lit.

http://i.imgur.com/q4Fy7am.png

http://i.imgur.com/M9AJktY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HuflqsF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Pfy5I1n.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7GNILjd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kaKy3Sn.jpg

98 (edited by XTerminator24 2015-09-29 02:32:32)

captbullett wrote:

Good day,
what is this;
Xsaitekpanels: xsaitekpanels.ini is version   2.44
Xsaitekpanels: channelspacing833enable ==  0

it shows up two times;

what ever this is it is most likely your issue... and causing your issue... and then this;

SASL ERROR: Error updating avionics: [string "C:\X-Plane 10 Beta\Aircraft\Payware\A320neoJD..."]:0: attempt to index a nil value
this could also, be the issue bottom line there are many error messages here to clean up I would remove some of the plugins and clean up XP to begin with...
captbullett

Thanks for the response. XSaitek panels is a plugin to interface with a hardware radio panel that I have. Panel doesn't work with A320 so I'll disable that and do some night flights to test it out.

The mention of lights looks like a scenery error related to some NYC scenery I have. It's listed twice because I started X-Plane at KJFK, then moved to KLAS, started a flight and landed at KJFK. That would have loaded the scenery twice.

I'm pretty sure that SASL error happened when selecting a SID transition when setting up my flight. I got the KJFK DEL FROM FPL message when setting up the MCDU on the ground. From previous review of that issue, I'm positive it logs that error every time that error happens. There's definitely something up with the way the MCDU interprets certain SID and STAR data. I'm on Navigraph AIRAC 1510 but have seen the error with other AIRAC data as well. I can deal with this as I was able to get the flight plan entered by using "No Transition" when selecting the SID.

Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it. As I get more comfortable with the aircraft I'll be sure to provide assistance to others in the future.

One small thing I noticed was that the "Park" option in the "I" Menu was available when I first load the aircraft - sitting on the runway - but when I move it to a gate that option disappears.

I have not flown it yet, just making sure it loaded ok.

100 (edited by zrcx 2015-09-30 01:49:27)

In reference to requests above for log.txt etc. I have done the following:

1) Removed all add-on plugins and custom scenery from XP 10.36, WIN7 64, Navigraph 1510

2) Flew the SEKID1 departure from runway 5 at RJTT  (an approximately 270 degree right turn of approximately 6 mile radius via five waypoints - AP engaged at +/- 500 AGL managed heading mode). . 

3) The departure chart shows the first waypoint to be flyover and the rest to be flyby.

The FMGS treats all the waypoints as flyover.  The flight path is depicted incorrectly in the NAV display - all flyover - in addition it overshoots the (incorrect) flight path depicted causing it to go significantly off course after the second turn.

the only error I see in log.txt is

error: Cant find set.ini at=K:\X-Plane 10\Aircraft\Heavy Metal\320neo_JARDesign\plugins\sound3d\set.ini
3Dsound Engine by JARDesign v.1.5
Clean exit from threads.

There is no set.ini I can see in the distribution file

I have tried to upload the [edit for typing error] screen grab of the incorrect depiction of the route but I can't get it to show in this post.

Hope this is helpful.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon bbox_log.txt 1.17 kb, 284 downloads since 2015-09-29 

Attachment icon Log.txt 25.94 kb, 305 downloads since 2015-09-29