Re: v.1.2b4 distributive (Windows 7/8, MAC OS)

Loss of all avionics using v.1.2b4 Mac OS

Good day,
+1

TDPlane wrote:

Two flights with the 1.2 b4 without CTD. That's great news. Just a few 'substandard' issues, like the weird behavior of the FMS (old news - see forum - reported many times) and the manipulator for adjusting SPEED, HEADING and ALTITUDE. The new Push/Pull/Rotate is not my favorite solution; it's hard to get the discrete number you want because of overshooting the desired SPD, HDG or ALT. Give us an option to choose for the old school manipulator.

J.A.Romanov wrote:
Karl Lepp wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:

Autopilot and flight modes seems work well, but a330 eat fuel like CRAZZZY.

What do you mean by that? Is the fuel logic now messed up?

I discussed this with Ben today - will think about reason.

Yes on my flight back from HEGN to EDDL I was very suprised about how much fuel the A332 took as well. Loaded 37t of fuel (according to a real flight plan for that flight an PW powered A332 should fly that route with 30t (reserves included)), my A332 had the exact weights of that real flight plan, but I landed the JAR332 with only 1.6t left in the tanks in EDDL...

captbullett wrote:

Good day,
Would lower FL as , FL330 maybe try FL300 and see or FL280 and see what the FC would be... (burn less to alt.)...
food for thought..
captbullett

Luke173 wrote:

Fuel consumption: Last flight I went along with Homer, EDDL-HEGN, he said take 32 tonnes of fuel plus some reserves. I loaded 42 tons, but still had to divert into HECA due to low fuel (landed with 5 tons left. It might have just been enough to go to HEGN, but I wanted to land safe.

Pic after landing with slightly too much cargo.. plus the 42 tons fuel pre set from the fueling..

EDIT: yet I'm truly happy the plane is more stable now, I have no worries about fuel and consumption, no long-hauls planned big_smile

Normally if you fly higher you will burn less fuel...

Good day,
k

Homer.Simpson wrote:
captbullett wrote:

Good day,
Would lower FL as , FL330 maybe try FL300 and see or FL280 and see what the FC would be... (burn less to alt.)...
food for thought..
captbullett

Luke173 wrote:

Fuel consumption: Last flight I went along with Homer, EDDL-HEGN, he said take 32 tonnes of fuel plus some reserves. I loaded 42 tons, but still had to divert into HECA due to low fuel (landed with 5 tons left. It might have just been enough to go to HEGN, but I wanted to land safe.

Pic after landing with slightly too much cargo.. plus the 42 tons fuel pre set from the fueling..

EDIT: yet I'm truly happy the plane is more stable now, I have no worries about fuel and consumption, no long-hauls planned big_smile

Normally if you fly higher you will burn less fuel...

I could not fly this SVMI SID MIQ UA550 ORODI UA552 PBL UA550 ZIP STAR SKBO
I got a lot of SASL errors on this flight plan

Post's attachments

Attachment icon crash 2.txt 134.62 kb, 220 downloads since 2015-08-17 

Attachment icon crash.txt 71.34 kb, 234 downloads since 2015-08-17 

Attachment icon Log 2.txt 3.13 mb, 225 downloads since 2015-08-17 

Attachment icon Log.txt 99.63 kb, 239 downloads since 2015-08-17 

Somebody who loaded before a330 (Gizmo?) eat all nearest memory.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

If someone prefer "old style" FCU manipulators, this will be switchable from menu in next version.

I have 32GB of Ram and 4gb Vram which one is affected by gizmo?

J.A.Romanov wrote:

If someone prefer "old style" FCU manipulators, this will be switchable from menu in next version.

But will the current fantastic FCU manipulation style find its way to the other areas of the aircraft aswell? The center pedestal, the overhead, etc etc.

OS: win8.1, XP version: Always the latest beta, unless stated otherwise.

CTD with 1.2b4, XP 10.40b9 (sorry, I know I shouldn't report using a beta build of XP...)
Win 7 64-bit.

YBBN --> YBCS. CTD during the right turn on the CORAL4 departure, RWY19.

Logs attached.

Love the A320, and want to love the A330, but it's making it difficult. smile

I know these things are as frustrating for the devs as they are for the users. Always appreciate the excellent support from JAR!
Eric

Post's attachments

Attachment icon bbox_log.txt 9.74 kb, 228 downloads since 2015-08-17 

Attachment icon Log, A330 CTD Copy.txt 65.96 kb, 266 downloads since 2015-08-17 

Hey there,

really love flying this bird.
I have no CTDs however observing a very, very high fuel consumption.
Flew according PFPX Flightplan on a 2hours trip (FL400, M.82) but ran out of fuel after 2/3 of the flight.
Loaded 16t (which is a conservative value considering real life datas, ZFW 156,8t) - remaining fuel acc OFP: 4,7t.
Before the last beta the difference between OFP and Sim was only a few houndred kgs.

Four other -small- issues observed:
-chrono on ND starts again at 0'0' after one hour (after one hour should display hours and minutes)
-ECAIM Cruise page does not show up automatically and Delta Pressure shows 0psi at cruise alt
-packs stay on during engine start
-Cost index-values from A320

Kind regards
Julian

Just wanted to say that with 10.40b6 and the 1.2r4 everything went smooth on a training flight LIMC-LIMC (departed via a SID and came back via a STAR) and also on the flight EGLL-LIMC on VATSIM. And the new weather radar works perfectly aswell!

64 (edited by Acei 2015-08-18 14:44:59)

Flew CYVR to KLAX.  Had the problem with the haze on the cockpit windows.  Again, it goes away when raindrops are disabled.  Also had an odd issue on approach.  When I pressed the approach button.  The V/S started to increase along with the heading button pressing continuously.  This in turn kept disabling Approach.  I kept pressing Approach and it eventually stayed active and allowed me to adjust the v/s according.  I was using a controlled decent so wasn't using manual v/s.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 70.71 kb, 241 downloads since 2015-08-18 

Good day,
That's very good but beta testing is on version (10.40B9) so, it really does not help with testing ...and notes are out so, you can see the changes...
captbullett

Karl Lepp wrote:

Just wanted to say that with 10.40b6 and the 1.2r4 everything went smooth on a training flight LIMC-LIMC (departed via a SID and came back via a STAR) and also on the flight EGLL-LIMC on VATSIM. And the new weather radar works perfectly aswell!

julio12345 wrote:

I have no CTDs however observing a very, very high fuel consumption.

thats 1040b9 problem

good day,
if you check the disable the windshield effects in Special viewing options on the XP rendering options stuff to draw  settings if you are running any of the beta 10.40 's and lower your settings in Special Effects and see if you can get a better view you can't get rid of all of it but you will get a better view.
captbullett 

Acei wrote:

Flew CYVR to KLAX.  Had the problem with the haze on the cockpit windows.  Again, it goes away when raindrops are disabled.  Also had an odd issue on approach.  When I pressed the approach button.  The V/S started to increase along with the heading button pressing continuously.  This in turn kept disabling Approach.  I kept pressing Approach and it eventually stayed active and allowed me to adjust the v/s according.  I was using a controlled decent so wasn't using manual v/s.

ops! somebody forgot something

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/92/t/p19t0sj5ps8qa161k1a0c1rbkd413.jpg

xp 10.40b9
windows 10

69 (edited by TurboGigi 2015-08-18 18:53:23)

Capto wrote:

ops! somebody forgot something

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/92/t/p19t0sj5ps8qa161k1a0c1rbkd413.jpg

xp 10.40b9
windows 10

This is not a bug, it happens if you call the supply trucks from plugin A330.

It should be called by the plugin GroundServices.

Greetings

Edit: If you notice the new fuel pipe is different from that in the photo.

OS: Windows 10 64bit -  XP 10.36 Computer Specs: | CPU: Intel Quad i7-2600K@4.6GHz |GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ghz Edition |MOBO: ASRock Z75Pro3 |Case: Cooler Matser HAF932 |RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1866 Corsairl|PSU: Corsair TX850M
| Pedals: CSPv1 | Hotas: Thrustmaster Warthog /Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack /Saitek Throttle Quadrant
| Headset: Tritton AX 720 | TrackiR 5

captbullett wrote:

Good day,
That's very good but beta testing is on version (10.40B9) so, it really does not help with testing ...and notes are out so, you can see the changes...
captbullett

Karl Lepp wrote:

Well it might help other users who are still sitting on b6 and contemplating about upgrading to b9. Now, as it turns out, b9 causes fuel consumption problems. I'm just here to point out that the sweetspot is still b6.

Or maybe I should keep this info to myself? I mean, I do not "beta test X-Plane". I just use the latest useable version, which currently, seems to be b6.

If you want to I can stop posting in this forum. I really thought that this input may be of some use to someobody...

I think the true way - "beta" test something one - x-plane beta with 100% worked airplane or aircraft beta with 100% worked X-Plane. Else - nobody know where from problems come.

LR know about fuel problem and we discuss it today a long time. I hope they will solve this. Hope.. without aircraft changing. Just for info.

Hi there,
another strage bug within the FMS. Sometimes the FMS treats an airport (here: LRTM) like a waypoint.
X-Plane 10.4b9 and latest A330.
http://dai.ly/x324m6h
but, and that´s the good news: no more crashes during the last days

Good day,
Yup, I don't think this helps so much because, if you do this right you have a main copy which is 10.36 then you have your beta copy of XP which should be up-dated to current beta, 10.40B9 to do any real testing otherwise testing is out dated and that is the short of it.

Therefore, XP does not do patches on the beta versions ... because if you do the right set-up you have main XP and then you have beta set-up any,  other copy then current beta version is old news and can't be good news.

I am,  not trying to give you a time about it nevertheless, trying to explain, the way I was told how this works... and after testing many beta versions in Apple beta testing for Apple OS X operating system ... also, I do know there has to be a set way to beta test not just any way any one wants to test that is why there are "Alpha beta" testers and then there are beta testers ...

Since, we need good information I want you to think before, you post is , this going to help JAR  improve the aircraft or is it going to take up server space and should I delete it, I ask myself this question before, posting. Sometimes, I do not know an answer and need help and I do have to ask a question so, ask and think how to ask a smart question ...

So, let's help JAR and let the posts be smart in what we post not redundant or, a version of a beta that is old and out dated what information can be used from this when we are on beta 9 and all the fixes are in on beta 6 and we have moved far passed that version... and either 10.36 "stable" or 10.40B9  "current beta" are the versions that JAR can use to help advance his aircraft development ... 
thank-you for your input,
captbullett
Apple Developer

Karl Lepp wrote:
captbullett wrote:

Good day,
captbullett

Karl Lepp wrote:

Well it might help other users who are still sitting on b6 and contemplating about upgrading to b9. Now, as it turns out, b9 causes fuel consumption problems. I'm just here to point out that the sweetspot is still b6.

Or maybe I should keep this info to myself? I mean, I do not "beta test X-Plane". I just use the latest useable version, which currently, seems to be b6.

If you want to I can stop posting in this forum. I really thought that this input may be of some use to someobody...

74 (edited by xAbsolute 2015-08-19 07:57:42)

2nd CTD after four flights in two days. Yesterday: PHNL-KLAX (no CTD), KJFK-LIMC (CTD, unfortunately no log). Today: KPDX-PHNL (no CTD), KJFK-EGCC (CTD). Should be noted all flights were made on Vatsim, using 10.36r1.

Log.txt

I was also having some issues with the autopilot a couple minutes before CTD, it wouldn't follow the lateral path and attempted to fly in circles...

So, i need talk more about beta-testing as it it for me. I have 6 (six) X-Plane installation at my main computer (it have 2 OS - Win 7 and MAC OS).

1 MAC OS + Xplane 1036 + All aircrafts + all scenerys + all plugins = this is for regular flying
2 MAC OS + Xplane 1036 + (no 3th part plugins) + few scenarios +320/330 = for clean beta tests 320/330 with clean stable Xplane
3 MAC OS + Xplane 1040 + no plugins + 320/330 + few scenarios = for clean beta tests of more fresh Xplane betas

the same for Win 7

So, when I read some reports and user talk about CTD, sometimes really hard to understand really source of problems - 320/330 plugin OR X-Plane itself OR some plugin OR some OR ...

This is why need to look at all logs what you have.

When you tests X-Plane betas (no r, no rc) - it may (or should) have a bug. May be LR need test some changes or improvements in code for this beta.