26 (edited by envey777 2019-12-02 09:09:59)

Re: XP11.41 JD330 v.3.3 r1, r2, r..

Question? I did exactly what the instructions state I dragged the unzipped JD330xp11 folder into xplane > aircraft folder started xplane and the Jar330 is not in the main menu to choose it, can you give me a hint of what Im missing ? please
thank you

J.A.Romanov wrote:
Jed wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:

Out of fuel?

Fuel was fine,
2 more flights attempted same issue around 200km into flight engines spool down and straight back up again then they are running normal, the rat kicks in and I lose the ND and FMGS which are blank but if I click out to 2d visual everything is there.
any suggestion please
Thanks
Jed

Anyway JD330 save main parameters into lok.txt file like "black box" and clear info may be readed from saved log file only. All other things will be like guess only.

Please excuse my ignorance but could you please expand on your last quote? How to do this
thankyou
Jed

28 (edited by jcdp 2019-12-02 14:06:16)

Jed wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
Jed wrote:

Fuel was fine,
2 more flights attempted same issue around 200km into flight engines spool down and straight back up again then they are running normal, the rat kicks in and I lose the ND and FMGS which are blank but if I click out to 2d visual everything is there.
any suggestion please
Thanks
Jed

Anyway JD330 save main parameters into lok.txt file like "black box" and clear info may be readed from saved log file only. All other things will be like guess only.

Please excuse my ignorance but could you please expand on your last quote? How to do this
thankyou
Jed

Hi Eugeny

I got exactly the same issue on a flight LFPO EHAM, just before reaching TOC . I lost ND and FMGS (not corresponding pop up) and got RAT activated .
I join log.txt file

jcdp

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.zip 57.02 kb, 204 downloads since 2019-12-02 

I7 5930k @ 3,5Ghz , 32 Go Ram, NVidia 970 4Go , W10 64 bits, SSD 500Go , HD 3To
Moniteur Acer K242HQK (3840x2160)
CH Products : Flight Sim Yoke , Pro pedals
X-plane 11.41r2

29 (edited by jcdp 2019-12-02 14:16:18)

Hi Jed

In the root folder of X-plane you have a file rebuilt for each new flight , called log.txt .
Please zip it and add it to your post when issue has occured.
This file contains information helpful for investigating .

jcdp

I7 5930k @ 3,5Ghz , 32 Go Ram, NVidia 970 4Go , W10 64 bits, SSD 500Go , HD 3To
Moniteur Acer K242HQK (3840x2160)
CH Products : Flight Sim Yoke , Pro pedals
X-plane 11.41r2

30 (edited by Webrichard 2019-12-02 15:00:19)

Griff wrote:

I'm going to try to do my best to describe my flight from KLAX to KSEA with ver 3.3. r1.  Take-off, climb, and cruise phases were fine.  I began my descent into KSEA via the HAWKZ 7 arrival for an ILS approach to 34C (arrival plate available on skyvector.com) and while approaching waypoint HAWKZ (speed restriction of 270 and altitude restriction of at or above 12,000 feet), the A330 maintained a descent speed of 290 knots and did not command a reduced speed of 270 knots until approx. one mile from the waypoint (the MCDU had the waypoint programmed properly and it showed the speed and altitude constraints).  As I passed HAWKZ, the speed was approx. 280 knots and I deployed the spoilers (1/2 way open) to assist with reducing the 330's speed.  The altitude reached was 12,000 feet and the next waypoint with a restriction was FOOTT with a speed restriction of 250 knots and above 10K and below 12K.  The 330 then began to nose dive for no reason since technically, it was already within the altitude restriction.  The plane began to descend at a high rate of speed and the speed increased to a max speed of 319 knots.  The plane then corrected itself and leveled off.  I continued the approach and continued to descend via the arrival with managed descent and finally open descent to the lower altitudes for the final approach fix.  The approach phase had been activated and the speed was being controlled manually via the speed window and auto throttle.  I had slowed to 170 knots and then the engines began to spool up for no reason (auto throttle was still engaged).  The plane began to overspeed and would no longer descend and I intervened by disabling the auto throttle to slow the plane.  I deployed the gear, flaps, etc and was able to finally slow the 330 with the autopilot disconnected and manually landed the aircraft. 

With regards to the sudden nose dives, I have seen this behavior before with managed descent between altitude restrictions.  The 330 will command a sudden nose dive to reach a restriction on the STAR and it completely disregards the speed and rate of descent to make the restriction.  The speed will increase greatly and this normally happens at lower altitudes.  With regards to the sudden engine surge, I have not seen that before.  There was no reason for the 330 to begin to increase the speed with the auto throttle engaged during the final approach phase of landing.  The performance/landing data had been correctly entered and the approach phase had been activated. 

Thanks for reading.

Same problem here! The plane sinks its nose for no reason at low altitude between the final waypoints, increasing its speed. And at the gate, the engines don't shut down after they are closed. Only by turning off the fuel pumps, the engines are turned off.

Rudder and elevators flickering like crazy on finals

Hi all,

Updated to the latest version - activated an all but the airspeed indicator won't increase. I receive a GS and TAS readout on the route display but nothing on the ASI. When you try and take off it just stalls and you crash. It was working fine before this update. Prior to this issue, I had a SASL error but the activation window had appeared so not sure if it's that.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Aaron

Griff wrote:

I'm going to try to do my best to describe my flight from KLAX to KSEA with ver 3.3. r1.  Take-off, climb, and cruise phases were fine.  I began my descent into KSEA via the HAWKZ 7 arrival for an ILS approach to 34C (arrival plate available on skyvector.com) and while approaching waypoint HAWKZ (speed restriction of 270 and altitude restriction of at or above 12,000 feet), the A330 maintained a descent speed of 290 knots and did not command a reduced speed of 270 knots until approx. one mile from the waypoint (the MCDU had the waypoint programmed properly and it showed the speed and altitude constraints).  As I passed HAWKZ, the speed was approx. 280 knots and I deployed the spoilers (1/2 way open) to assist with reducing the 330's speed.  The altitude reached was 12,000 feet and the next waypoint with a restriction was FOOTT with a speed restriction of 250 knots and above 10K and below 12K.  The 330 then began to nose dive for no reason since technically, it was already within the altitude restriction.  The plane began to descend at a high rate of speed and the speed increased to a max speed of 319 knots.  The plane then corrected itself and leveled off.  I continued the approach and continued to descend via the arrival with managed descent and finally open descent to the lower altitudes for the final approach fix.  The approach phase had been activated and the speed was being controlled manually via the speed window and auto throttle.  I had slowed to 170 knots and then the engines began to spool up for no reason (auto throttle was still engaged).  The plane began to overspeed and would no longer descend and I intervened by disabling the auto throttle to slow the plane.  I deployed the gear, flaps, etc and was able to finally slow the 330 with the autopilot disconnected and manually landed the aircraft. 

With regards to the sudden nose dives, I have seen this behavior before with managed descent between altitude restrictions.  The 330 will command a sudden nose dive to reach a restriction on the STAR and it completely disregards the speed and rate of descent to make the restriction.  The speed will increase greatly and this normally happens at lower altitudes.  With regards to the sudden engine surge, I have not seen that before.  There was no reason for the 330 to begin to increase the speed with the auto throttle engaged during the final approach phase of landing.  The performance/landing data had been correctly entered and the approach phase had been activated. 

Thanks for reading.

I've just bought the acft and I'm so disapointed... I've experienced the same issue here, the plane dives suddenly at turns, the engines spool up for no reason when they were expected to spool down to get to the managed speed. I'm also getting a pink windshield if I turn ON the rain effects. The Load and Fuel chart is really annoying because we have to click several times to reach our desired weight. This is a beautiful acft, it is a pity that we have many complaints about several insistent bugs, and none of them were adressed yet

jcdp wrote:

Hi Jed

In the root folder of X-plane you have a file rebuilt for each new flight , called log.txt .
Please zip it and add it to your post when issue has occured.
This file contains information helpful for investigating .

jcdp

jcdp,
Thankyou I’ll get on that today.
Cheers

Just downloaded the new update for JD330. Everything is great but there is weird issue with Active SKy.
Weather from custom metar.rwx is not working and goes always to customized. I checked all other aircraft's and working perfectly. Is this a bug ? I disabled turbulence and shake camera from menu settings but with out result
thanks
Seth

J.A.Romanov wrote:
Jed wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:

Out of fuel?

Fuel was fine,
any suggestion please
Thanks
Jed

Mr Romanov,
Tried another flight today from Edinburgh to Gatwick. same issue again. at halfway point the engines spooled down and back up again.
Lossed ND and FMGC and the RAT deployed, all exactly as before.
I've attached the log file for your info.
thankyou
Jed

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 94.49 kb, 274 downloads since 2019-12-03 

37 (edited by CaptCrash 2019-12-04 04:23:26)

Setup:

Version: Latest

ALT:FL390 ISA+2C

WIND 305/50

ZFW: 154148

FOB 29000kg

CI 98

MCDU CRZ: ACT MODE: MANAGED 320/0.82

PFD Modes: MACH|ALT CRZ|NAV|     |AP1 - 1FD2 - A/THR

ENGINE PARAMS:

Mode: CLB 1.585 45° C
EPR:1.374 (commanded)
FF: 2280
N1: 87.1%
N2: 24.0%
N3: 96.1%

Situation:

Aircraft Fails to maintain managed mach and slows to orange line where AP disconnects. EDIT: An EPR of 1.39-1.4 is enough to maintain speed.

Cause Identified
Cause: Hardware throttle, while technically in the CLB detent, still was below the maximum throttle setting for CLB, limiting the A/THR to a lower than required EPR value. I can command an EPR of 1.352 - 1.395 while in the CLB detent

Hi
In this version 3.3r1 the CRUISE speed (in manage or Select) is not maintained with the A / THR in CL. The speed is reduced slowly until the AP is deactivated by loss of speed (STALL).  In the previous versions nothing similar happened.

The METAR DISPLAY don't work. I have the XnoaaWeather plugin

lmoramontiel wrote:

Hi
In this version 3.3r1 the CRUISE speed (in manage or Select) is not maintained with the A / THR in CL. The speed is reduced slowly until the AP is deactivated by loss of speed (STALL).  In the previous versions nothing similar happened.

I have same problem at high altitude cruising. Few times this happened to me at FL 390. AP deactivated of loss of speed, then I go to FL 360 and continue flight with no problems. There must be something wrong in performance of aircraft. I thing that this plane can fly to FL410.

My setup: Windows 10 (64-bit), Z490 AORUS PRO AX, INTEL i7 10700k, 32GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 2070S 8GB
X-Plane 11.55, X-Plane12RC2, Flight PRO joke, Logitech panels
My Fleet:  JD320-V3.8R1  with copilot, JD330-V4.4B3 with copilot, ZIBO 737-800X,
Utilities: X-LIFE Deluxe verversion 4.30 latest, FMcar latest, GHD ver. latest, X Camera,BSS JAR A320 V4,Better pushback

42 (edited by CaptCrash 2019-12-04 15:49:16)

lmoramontiel wrote:

Hi

Check my post above. Advance your throttle until the engine mode goes out of CLB and into FLX then slowly bring back the throttle until the engine mode goes back into CLB. even through you are in CLB it looks like the detents have a bit of wiggle room. The issue is probably in the ATHR system file

Darko24 wrote:
lmoramontiel wrote:

Hi

I have same problem at high altitude cruising. Few times this happened to me at FL 390. AP deactivated of loss of speed, then I go to FL 360 and continue flight with no problems. There must be something wrong in performance of aircraft. I thing that this plane can fly to FL410.

Check my post above. Advance your throttle until the engine mode goes out of CLB and into FLX then slowly bring back the throttle until the engine mode goes back into CLB. even through you are in CLB it looks like the detents have a bit of wiggle room. The issue is probably in the ATHR system file

CaptCrash wrote:
Darko24 wrote:
lmoramontiel wrote:

Hi

Hi, although this is a valid workaround, the option is not very realistic considering that the CLB mode should cope with the correct N1/EPR setting all the way up to the CRZ FL.

One finding though is that the OPT FL reported in the MCDU is apparently wrong (lloks more like a REC MAX FL) so we should not rely on it. Using the FCOM2, section 2.05.20 CRUISE LEVEL I was able to compute the correct OPT FL considering the forecasted ISA and the weight of the aircraft. I had no issue anymore and I was able to keep the CRZ mach number for the whole flight. Hope this helps.

Hi, although this is a valid workaround, the option is not very realistic considering that the CLB mode should cope with the correct N1/EPR setting all the way up to the CRZ FL.

One finding though is that the OPT FL reported in the MCDU is apparently wrong (lloks more like a REC MAX FL) so we should not rely on it. Using the FCOM2, section 2.05.20 CRUISE LEVEL I was able to compute the correct OPT FL considering the forecasted ISA and the weight of the aircraft. I had no issue anymore and I was able to keep the CRZ mach number for the whole flight. Hope this helps.

Agreed, it's not realistic but until an update addresses the issue, it will work. better than falling out of the sky

A330-200 performance from manufacturer Maximum Service Ceiling 41,100ft

In this version of JAR A320-200 you cant' fly in this altitude. I'll tray first to fly at FL 401, as given altitude from flight plan. When plane reach that altitude speed go slow down to lower speed to disconect AP.  I'll try to change flight level to FL390 the same problem exist.  I go to FL 360 and then all go correct.
So I you want with this version fly with no trouble do not use FL higer then 360. I hope that this anomalies will be correct in next version.

My setup: Windows 10 (64-bit), Z490 AORUS PRO AX, INTEL i7 10700k, 32GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 2070S 8GB
X-Plane 11.55, X-Plane12RC2, Flight PRO joke, Logitech panels
My Fleet:  JD320-V3.8R1  with copilot, JD330-V4.4B3 with copilot, ZIBO 737-800X,
Utilities: X-LIFE Deluxe verversion 4.30 latest, FMcar latest, GHD ver. latest, X Camera,BSS JAR A320 V4,Better pushback

Darko24 wrote:

A330-200 performance from manufacturer Maximum Service Ceiling 41,100ft

In this version of JAR A320-200 you cant' fly in this altitude. I'll tray first to fly at FL 401, as given altitude from flight plan. When plane reach that altitude speed go slow down to lower speed to disconect AP.  I'll try to change flight level to FL390 the same problem exist.  I go to FL 360 and then all go correct.
So I you want with this version fly with no trouble do not use FL higer then 360. I hope that this anomalies will be correct in next version.

Your cruise altitude is derived from several factors including: aircraft weight, air temperature, cost index, and several others. FL410 is a certification ceiling for pressurization but most airlines will rarely if ever fly that high. Check out https://flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/A332 and see how high any given A332 is flying, rarely if ever in the 40s.

48 (edited by ComRPM 2019-12-06 23:51:37)

A pair of bugs.

1. GO ARROUND instead GO AROUND  at MCDU perf page.

http://imgfz.com/i/xW68kwf.jpeg

2. I observed that any flightpath lines drawed in the ND are curved, all course changes are straight angles. The most hilarious example are the drawed hold patterns. DME archs are not curved drawed too. A plane in its V3 version cannot have this big mistake.

http://imgfz.com/i/qCjDEKU.jpeg

Please repair these in next releases.

49 (edited by schmeichel75 2019-12-10 22:20:04)

- It would be nice, if the lower ECAM would automatically change, according to the phase of taxi/ flight, especially to the CRUISE page.

- During managed descend, the FMA on the PFD should display "Idle" while descending and with the engines idling, and "Speed" as soon as thrust is applied to keep the calculated speed.

- As others alredy reported, between the last waypoints, especially below 10k ft, managed des leads to some hefty nose dives with short descend rates of 5-6000 ft/min

- Final approach speed is alternating quickly on final, leading to full thrust commands and therefore to unstable approaches

JarDesign A330_v3.3 r1 IS NOT WORTH TO BUY OR TO UPDATE - sorry, but its TRASH!!!