26 (edited by bearhsiao 2019-06-25 12:20:13)

Re: v.3.2 beta public tests

Today I tested v.3.2 beta4. When I taxied from the RCTP C9 apron to the 05R runway, Xplane11.35 crashed. I have everything to follow the Checklist step. attach the .log to you, please refer to it, thank you.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 7.27 mb, 268 downloads since 2019-06-25 

bearhsiao wrote:

Today I tested v.3.2 beta4. When I taxied from the RCTP C9 apron to the 05R runway, Xplane11.35 crashed. I have everything to follow the Checklist step. attach the .log to you, please refer to it, thank you.

Usually, when aircraft is a reason for crash - we can read info at the last string of log. As for this log - no info exist. Nothing can say.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

Giuliano pennetta wrote:

i have 2 problem during takeoff:
-when I set the throttle to flex thrust, it appears in the pfd, CLB THR and flashes (on ground);
- after or during takeoff mcdu say incorrect trim , flap position and other 2 error from MCDU . it's so strange . sometimes these errors come out, sometimes they don't come out with the same trim and flap config;

(suggestion, could you create an application for takeoff performances only?)

THX

Look like you not enter Thrust Reduction Alt to MCDU or not set initial Alt at FCU, may be not set THS at MCDU PERF Page and so on

J.A.Romanov wrote:
Giuliano pennetta wrote:

i have 2 problem during takeoff:
-when I set the throttle to flex thrust, it appears in the pfd, CLB THR and flashes (on ground);
- after or during takeoff mcdu say incorrect trim , flap position and other 2 error from MCDU . it's so strange . sometimes these errors come out, sometimes they don't come out with the same trim and flap config;

(suggestion, could you create an application for takeoff performances only?)

THX

Look like you not enter Thrust Reduction Alt to MCDU or not set initial Alt at FCU, may be not set THS at MCDU PERF Page and so on

everythings are set correctly , thrust reduction alt appear on perf page as blue es. 1500/3000, so i need to re-write it again?

"Warning: s330 systems (VA) plugin error occur
please contact support,jardesign.org with log txt file"

I also have this issue and error code 1114 in win.xpl in sound 2d, 3d. But the issue cannot be too many plugins, the latest non-beta version works just perfectly. And even with nearly all plugins disabled, it remains. This is obviously a bug.

loremaster123 wrote:

"Warning: s330 systems (VA) plugin error occur
please contact support,jardesign.org with log txt file"

I also have this issue and error code 1114 in win.xpl in sound 2d, 3d. But the issue cannot be too many plugins, the latest non-beta version works just perfectly. And even with nearly all plugins disabled, it remains. This is obviously a bug.

latest non-beta version works just perfectly - is not a reason
plugins disabled - is not a way

Only described way will work for actual beta. If you need direct help - please skype j.a.romanov - we will check this issue on your side online

Ok, about incorrect active waypoint switching..

I just rebuild FMGS plugin to avoid incorrect (for some cases) active waypoint switching. If you use beta 4, you need just put win.xpl ans mac.xpl files (attached) to your /JD330/plugins/FMGS/ folder

Post's attachments

Attachment icon mac.xpl 1.42 mb, 246 downloads since 2019-06-28 

Attachment icon win.xpl 1.78 mb, 255 downloads since 2019-06-28 

Will any of you please check why/test   FBW if/is messed up ? Here there it does not work and the dev does not answer/comment.

Thanks

Are the holding pattern improved in this 3.2 version?

FLAP LEVER CONTINUOUS MOVEMENT

I have had this issue for some time. With a controller axis assigned to FLAPS the lever moves continuously and rapidly from up to down. Only when I deselect the controller axis does it stop.

Any ideas please as to why this is occurring? and no I dont have duplcated axes assigned to flaps.

Thanks in advance
Rob

Porthos wrote:

FLAP LEVER CONTINUOUS MOVEMENT

I have had this issue for some time. With a controller axis assigned to FLAPS the lever moves continuously and rapidly from up to down. Only when I deselect the controller axis does it stop.

Any ideas please as to why this is occurring? and no I dont have duplcated axes assigned to flaps.

Thanks in advance
Rob

Looks like whatever hardware you assigned the axis to is „noisy“. Maybe defining a null zone could help prevent the effect.

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

Really good work! I had a really fun flight as MK62 FIMP-EHAM.

However the two things that still seem as a bit of a realism killer are:

1) Fuel consumption, I landed with 17 tons while I was planned only to land with 8.5

2) After departure, the aircraft seems to prioritize speed over climb, which results in low flight acceleration instead of a normal climb.

Hopefully you can look into this,

Thanks for your work!

danielbrehling wrote:

1) Fuel consumption, I landed with 17 tons while I was planned only to land with 8.5

2) After departure, the aircraft seems to prioritize speed over climb, which results in low flight acceleration instead of a normal climb.

Thanks for your work!

To 1: It doesn't say to me anything unusual. Consumption depend as you know on Payload, Weather, winds, flight level etc.  Even simBrief calculation cannot predict exact fuel consumption because fo parameter change during flight. 8.5t in relation to 84t estimated consumption makes 10% saving (CI, AVG wind )- not unusual under certain conditions!

To 2: Airspeed increase usually after 10.000ft to cruise speed (if ATC aloud and according to your setting). Climb rate according same conditions. What is wrong (Rate, Angle)? Define "normal climb"?

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

39 (edited by danielbrehling 2019-07-10 21:16:28)

To 1: It doesn't say to me anything unusual. Consumption depend as you know on Payload, Weather, winds, flight level etc.  Even simBrief calculation cannot predict exact fuel consumption because fo parameter change during flight. 8.5t in relation to 84t estimated consumption makes 10% saving (CI, AVG wind )- not unusual under certain conditions!

To 2: Airspeed increase usually after 10.000ft to cruise speed (if ATC aloud and according to your setting). Climb rate according same conditions. What is wrong (Rate, Angle)? Define "normal climb"?

Hi ilankrt,

Fuel consumption wise it really does seem too anomalous. I can take the PMDG 777/747 for long hauls and the deviations in prediction vs actual consumption are very slight, maybe a ton or two max. The Jar330 consistently under uses fuel to the extent where I personally don't think it can be blamed on weather/ cost index/ etc every time.

For climb I mean that the plane doesn't seem to climb very far initially because it wants to reach 250 knots first. While taking off from FIMP it was heading straight to the mountain because the plane doesn't climb as much as it should, it literally leveled off at 2000 foot to accelerate. Meanwhile, other airbus addons seem to climb well, where altitude isn't sacrificed for speed. When looking at this A330 footage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91Uyo4wn-F8 the plane climbs initially at 3000fpm and then slowly v/s decreases to about 900 fpm at 3600 feet where it then starts to collect speed. But it never levels out to gain speed.

Other than that, great work! As we speak I'm taking her home as MK73 EHAM-FIMP.

Thanks for you fast reply!

40 (edited by ilankrt 2019-07-10 22:29:39)

danielbrehling wrote:

Hi ilankrt,

Fuel consumption wise it really does seem too anomalous. I can take the PMDG 777/747 for long hauls and the deviations in prediction vs actual consumption are very slight, maybe a ton or two max. The Jar330 consistently under uses fuel to the extent where I personally don't think it can be blamed on weather/ cost index/ etc every time.

For climb I mean that the plane doesn't seem to climb very far initially because it wants to reach 250 knots first. While taking off from FIMP it was heading straight to the mountain because the plane doesn't climb as much as it should, it literally leveled off at 2000 foot to accelerate. Meanwhile, other airbus addons seem to climb well, where altitude isn't sacrificed for speed. When looking at this A330 footage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91Uyo4wn-F8 the plane climbs initially at 3000fpm and then slowly v/s decreases to about 900 fpm at 3600 feet where it then starts to collect speed. But it never levels out to gain speed.

Other than that, great work! As we speak I'm taking her home as MK73 EHAM-FIMP.

Thanks for you fast reply!

21.05 minute on video aircraft levels of near 0 after THR CLB until FLAPS UP 0 reaching near 250KT. JAR airliner are usually levelling slightly less at 250kt/FL100 (restriction that can be changed) BTW, Very good video example, clear view of instruments...

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

I can see at 18:18 of the video that go from Heading to Nav mode only changing the range knob. How it can make this?

42 (edited by Griff 2019-07-14 17:31:36)

I watched the video and while the pilot flying (PF) did change the range knob for the nav display, it was just a matter of coincidence.  ATC gave them a "direct to" waypoint and the pilot monitoring (PM) was making that change in the CDU (which you couldn't see).  But, you can hear ATC providing the waypoint name.  Once the PM set the "direct to" in the CDU, the NAV mode automatically changed from heading select to managed navigation which was indicated by the dashed lines on the FCU or flight control unit.  If you look at the primary flight display at the same time, you can see the change from "HDG" to "NAV" which indicates the change in navigation mode.

Thanks mate! This video was killing my brain! loool... big_smile

44 (edited by Franz007 2019-07-18 14:54:45)

ilankrt wrote:
danielbrehling wrote:

Thanks for your work!

The fuel consumption is clearly wrong, no doubt about that. That has been stated many times and i sent the proof to the author based on real performance tables that take into account all parameters you mention (weight, temp, pressure, alt etc.).

The main problem is that NOTHING changes although the author promised over a year ago to take a look at it. There are other basic things that are still wrong after 7-8 years or more: the fuel quantity FOB should be indicated in 100kg-steps. And the MDA entered into the MCDU is still not working. The author prefers to develop eye candies and/or doesnt know how an Airbus is suppose to work. But why? Why isn't he able to fix these simple basic things?  For real interested flight-simmers who like to reproduce the pilots-workload this aircraft sadly cannot be taken seriously anymore. It was quite good at the beginning but didn't moved forward although other made huge jump in repdroducing the system deeply (Flight Factor, FJS, Toliss, Rotate etc.).

Franz007 wrote:
ilankrt wrote:
danielbrehling wrote:

Thanks for your work!

The fuel consumption is clearly wrong, no doubt about that. That has been stated many times and i sent the proof to the author based on real performance tables that take into account all parameters you mention (weight, temp, pressure, alt etc.).

The main problem is that NOTHING changes although the author promised over a year ago to take a look at it. There are other basic things that are still wrong after 7-8 years or more: the fuel quantity FOB should be indicated in 100kg-steps. And the MDA entered into the MCDU is still not working. The author prefers to develop eye candies and/or doesnt know how an Airbus is suppose to work. But why? Why isn't he able to fix these simple basic things?  For real interested flight-simmers who like to reproduce the pilots-workload this aircraft sadly cannot be taken seriously anymore. It was quite good at the beginning but didn't moved forward although other made huge jump in repdroducing the system deeply (Flight Factor, FJS, Toliss, Rotate etc.).

On one side I can understand unfulfilled wishes like those you mentioned (that I personally don't care about) on the other side I cannot accept your critic mentioning FF " huge jump" that since years didn't fulfilled his promises to complete the FF A350 MCDU and left the FF A320 fans after big promises in the prick. Concerning fuel consumption I would like to see your performance table parameters.

Franz007 wrote:
ilankrt wrote:
danielbrehling wrote:

Thanks for your work!

How much "The fuel consumption is clearly wrong" you find for actual beta-version for you, please? Sure, please measure it in zero-wind condition.

Hi,
I've tested beta 5. Plane is climbing very slowly and at cruse level, speed is 230 kts, not more, with all PA et A/THR.
Have you an idea ?
Regards

48 (edited by Franz007 2019-07-19 17:34:09)

J.A.Romanov wrote:
Franz007 wrote:
ilankrt wrote:

How much "The fuel consumption is clearly wrong" you find for actual beta-version for you, please? Sure, please measure it in zero-wind condition.

I did not test the latest beta but read all of the update-notices. And you never mentionned anything about improved fuel-burning values. So i am pretty sure they are still wrong. I sent you last year all the informations based on real performance tables. You promised me to look at it. So can you please answer the follwing question: did you change something to these values? If yes i will test it.

ilankrt wrote:
Franz007 wrote:
ilankrt wrote:

On one side I can understand unfulfilled wishes like those you mentioned (that I personally don't care about) on the other side I cannot accept your critic mentioning FF " huge jump" that since years didn't fulfilled his promises to complete the FF A350 MCDU and left the FF A320 fans after big promises in the prick. Concerning fuel consumption I would like to see your performance table parameters.

Ilankrt, seriously...we already had a talk about this issue. I gave you all informations that proved the fuel values being wrong:

http://jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.ph … 081#p21081

Why do you keep asking the same question again and again, although i already explained it to you?

Franz007 wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
Franz007 wrote:

I did not test the latest beta but read all of the update-notices. And you never mentionned anything about improved fuel-burning values. So i am pretty sure they are still wrong. I sent you last year all the informations based on real performance tables. You promised me to look at it. So can you please answer the follwing question: did you change something to these values? If yes i will test it.

Yes, we done this several times since you contact me. Sure, LR change their engines parameters several time too.. Every time when this happen - all engine parameters are gone a little. As result - every X-Plane beta or version may give as different value. but for me - it look like Ok on test stage. Please inform me.