Topic: Animated passengers and ground crew?

Hi everyone!

I'd like to know if there's been any discussions about implementing proper support for real, animated passengers that will actually board the airliner you are flying? Personally, I can't stress enough how much immersion means to me (or how much ground service vehicles add to the experience), but I'm still waiting for a simulator that features real, animated passengers that can actually move around and board the cabin of the aircraft I'm flying (of course, adding weigth to the airplane as they are boarding it, one by one).

Being all new to X-Plane, I've done a bit of research and from what I understand the only people you see are basically static/rigid models in the cockpits. Can anyone please tell me if the Ground Handling development team has anything planned for the future as far as animated passengers go?

On a side note, it would be really neat if the boarding passengers and their luggage would be more than "just" a layer of cosmetics, but an actual physical factor to take into account when planning for his much fuel you want. In that sense, every single passenger that would get onboard would incrementally add to the weight.

Thoughts?

Re: Animated passengers and ground crew?

Yes, I completely agree with you. Everything about Ground Handling at the moment is overall fine and really good with the catering, stairs and stuff to bring out immersion but a big aspect of it is the passengers. I'd love to see it so that, when you call for the loaders, full baggage trolleys come from a distance, like how the buses do and then pull up behind the loaders. The ground crew that spawn load the objects onto the loader. When the buses come, people board/disembark and if you're at a gate then the people just board automatically unless support for autogate or something. I think it'd be an amazing immersion increase. I'd donate money just for it to happen and for it all to work out, similar to GSX in that way. It'd be incredible.

3 (edited by cassian 2019-02-21 10:40:55)

Re: Animated passengers and ground crew?

AfflictedSim wrote:

Yes, I completely agree with you. Everything about Ground Handling at the moment is overall fine and really good with the catering, stairs and stuff to bring out immersion but a big aspect of it is the passengers. I'd love to see it so that, when you call for the loaders, full baggage trolleys come from a distance, like how the buses do and then pull up behind the loaders. The ground crew that spawn load the objects onto the loader. When the buses come, people board/disembark and if you're at a gate then the people just board automatically unless support for autogate or something. I think it'd be an amazing immersion increase. I'd donate blackjack online just for it to happen and for it all to work out, similar to GSX in that way. It'd be incredible.

I did the same.