Topic: CoPilot Beta-tests

The work of the pilot in a modern aircraft involves two people. You know. Of course, before, the voice of the f.o. pilot was present, but he did not do anything and did not execute commands, did not listen to you, did not live with you. I really wanted this to change and I am happy that my friends supported me in this matter.

So, this is CoPilot plugin for JD320.

YouTube Demo: https://youtu.be/n5xrKyweIC4

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/22/t/p1d0pf674f1u511q481d781m9u1mtt3.jpg

features:
+ animated 3d CoPilot model (male, "Sandy")
+ can recognize and execute command
+ can speak
+ can read checklists
+ can operate with Events (flight parameters detection)
+ can execute SOP (Normal Procedures, Limited)
+ man and woman copilot model (woman only included this time)
+ scripts based (possible to edit/change Procedures/Text/etc)

This is a payware product, but now it is testing stage, you cant buy it right now. But you can download and install the demo version. If you like the demo version and you want to test the full version - You do not need to hesitate. We have prepared 25 keys for our beta-testers. You can take part in testing and leave us your feedback. If your review useful for us, we will not deactivate your key in the future - please use it.

STEP-BY-STEP

1. Install and activate aircraft version compatible with CoPilot (JD320 v.3.3r3), check it work
http://jardesign.org/a320/download/inst … 11_333.zip
2. Setup speech/recognition engine at your computer (read manual)
http://jardesign.org/a320/download/copilot/Manual.pdf
3. Download/Install CoPilot plugin Demo to your 320 aircraft "/plugins/" folder.
http://jardesign.org/a320/download/copi … PL-320.zip
4. Load aircraft and check what you see copilot in cockpit, it animated, speak and recognize your voice command.
5. Demo mode work up to takeoff phase of flight.
6. If you prefer use full version, use X-Plane Menu->Plugins->YourAircraft->CoPilot- >Registration to run activation procedure.

On beta stage, to get serial key to unlock full version you may create a ticket at our www.support.jardesign.org with free form, but please be sure what you wright your forum NickName somewhere and you have at least 10 messages here. Another way - use my skype if you already have it. Please review/discuss beta-version here. Please be constructive, positive and respectful.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

Re: CoPilot Beta-tests

reserved

If you have any issue with the left side text, you can disable it by changing the file Aircraft\320_JARDesign\plugins\copilot_main\custom\settings: developer=0.

First of all this is for me brilliant idea. Until now I prefer to fly with JD330 with copilot, because the feeling of flight with it more realistic. So I recently JD320 little hen. Well now, I think I'll fly short routes around Europe with JD320.
And now first impressions:
1. With headset with microphone are all controls work perfect and understanding me.
2. When using copilots with a menu without headphones, I think that would be better in the procedure of the TAXI have to enter, instead of the waiting for a response CHECK, checklist for FLIGHT CONTROL CHECK. Otherwise, the TAXI procedure is not performed in full.
3. When a warning is for ICE DETECTED the co-pilot does not respond himself but he is waiting to be given the command. Copilot in JD330 it makes itself automatically.
4. I don't hear callout for begin of descent 10 miles before TOD.

All up to now implemented fly were using with the X-life, and no problems.

Despite the fact that this will be payable to the product, I think, that many of the lovers of the flight decided to buy it, as it is in my opinion the Copilot for JD320  application  as must have.

My setup: Windows 10 (64-bit), Z490 AORUS PRO AX, INTEL i7 10700k, 32GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 2070S 8GB
X-Plane 11.55, X-Plane12RC2, Flight PRO joke, Logitech panels
My Fleet:  JD320-V3.8R1  with copilot, JD330-V4.4B3 with copilot, ZIBO 737-800X,
Utilities: X-LIFE Deluxe verversion 4.30 latest, FMcar latest, GHD ver. latest, X Camera,BSS JAR A320 V4,Better pushback

Thank you! callout to TOD is not yet implemented.

When warning ICE DETECTED, the co-pilot will automatically turn on the anti-icing system after a few seconds.

Is the price tag for the product defined?

Is it like GHD, Xlife or more in areas of the aircrafts?

I like the idea, because the FO (checklist) in current JD320 for me as casual simmer is the big pro against the competition.

X-Life Deluxe
GHD
FMCAR
JD320

In the text files where it states what the copilot says, there are a lot of grammatical errors. Like for instance one pilot would not  say: "norm" he/she would say "normal"
There are "sweches" which should be "switches", "engenes" which should be "engines" and what more.

"Landing altitude knob, auto" should be "Landing altitude, auto". Et cetera...

Amended txt files were already sent to Eugeny via Skype

SandyLee wrote:

Is the price tag for the product defined?

Is it like GHD, Xlife or more in areas of the aircrafts?

I like the idea, because the FO (checklist) in current JD320 for me as casual simmer is the big pro against the competition.

We have no info about price now, we are on beta-stage now and will think about this just some later.

pieterdejong wrote:

In the text files where it states what the copilot says, there are a lot of grammatical errors. Like for instance one pilot would not  say: "norm" he/she would say "normal"
There are "sweches" which should be "switches", "engenes" which should be "engines" and what more.

"Landing altitude knob, auto" should be "Landing altitude, auto". Et cetera...

Amended txt files were already sent to Eugeny via Skype

Thank you! verify.

11 (edited by jcdp 2019-01-11 21:08:47)

Hi

I made two tests :  flights with last aircraft version only (perfect)

flights with last aircraft version and copilot … and I got following issues :

- after FL 100  engines reduced the speed , a red message about SASL problem occurred and after a short while engines restarted normally and speed as well .

- even when you choose a RNAV approach and RNAV landing … copilot (as Linda on A330) activate "LS" knob instead of "approach" knob . When deactivating "LS" and activating "APPR" and when arriving at the right altitude according to charts it was not possible to land . Right guidance with satellites looks hard .

Anyway this is a good improvement to developpe a copilot on A320 .

jcdp

I7 5930k @ 3,5Ghz , 32 Go Ram, NVidia 970 4Go , W10 64 bits, SSD 500Go , HD 3To
Moniteur Acer K242HQK (3840x2160)
CH Products : Flight Sim Yoke , Pro pedals
X-plane 11.41r2

WindSocks wrote:

When warning ICE DETECTED, the co-pilot will automatically turn on the anti-icing system after a few seconds.

Sorry for report this what I saw in the morning fly. Now I just fly to LSZH and when  ICE DETECTED co-pilot automatically turn on the anti-icing system.

My setup: Windows 10 (64-bit), Z490 AORUS PRO AX, INTEL i7 10700k, 32GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 2070S 8GB
My Fleet:  JD320-V3.8R1  with copilot, JD330-V4.4B3 with copilot, ZIBO 737-800X,
Utilities: X-LIFE Deluxe verversion 4.30 latest, FMcar latest, GHD ver. latest, X Camera,BSS JAR A320 V4,Better pushback

We just uploaded the plugin with fixes, thank you for your comments.

WindSocks wrote:

Hi

What is reference number of this release , please ?  v3.3r3 ?

jcdp

X-plane 11.41r2

jcdp wrote:
WindSocks wrote:

Hi

jcdp

Hi, Eugeny, I'm having a little trouble with the co-pilot, the issue is: up to  push and start procedures all goes well, the problem starts when have to do flight controls checks. I selected flight controls checklist and all ok until press disconnect button and pedals checks (the co pilot say full up and checked, full down and checked etc, but stops saying the controls when we have to do pedals), I choose from procedures menu after that "Taxi Procedures" and he stops the  procedures due to flight controls not fully checked. I asked him to do taxi procedures again and he kept repeating on a loop "Taxi Procedures". Am I doing something wrong or skipping any checklist.
Other thing was, after do procedures and start doing checklist he got stuck and quiet on the checks.
Looks like he is waiting like on real life that me saying "checked". I tried but to say it but he still stopped do the rest of the checklist.

J.A.Romanov wrote:
jcdp wrote:
WindSocks wrote:

Hi

jcdp

Hi
but the previous one was already 3.3.2 ….

jcdp

X-plane 11.41r2

18 (edited by Darko24 2019-01-12 18:49:59)

jorgeherculano wrote:

Hi, Eugeny, I'm having a little trouble with the co-pilot, the issue is: up to  push and start procedures all goes well, the problem starts when have to do flight controls checks. I selected flight controls checklist and all ok until press disconnect button and pedals checks (the co pilot say full up and checked, full down and checked etc, but stops saying the controls when we have to do pedals), I choose from procedures menu after that "Taxi Procedures" and he stops the  procedures due to flight controls not fully checked. I asked him to do taxi procedures again and he kept repeating on a loop "Taxi Procedures". Am I doing something wrong or skipping any checklist.
Other thing was, after do procedures and start doing checklist he got stuck and quiet on the checks.
Looks like he is waiting like on real life that me saying "checked". I tried but to say it but he still stopped do the rest of the checklist.

You must first do FLIGHT CONTROL CHECK and then the TAXI PROCEDURES, after start say "check" and then TAXI PROCEDURES go forward to the end.

Hi
I am slightly lost …

What do you mean by "We just uploaded the plugin with fixes, thank you for your comments."

What files or folders have we to update on our side , please ?

I have redownloaded all folders and I cannot reactivate the aircraft …

jcdp

X-plane 11.41r2

jcdp wrote:

Hi
I am slightly lost …

What do you mean by "We just uploaded the plugin with fixes, thank you for your comments."

What files or folders have we to update on our side , please ?

I have redownloaded all folders and I cannot reactivate the aircraft …

jcdp

You can simply replace the Custom folder in the CoPilot main plugin

Hi Windsocks

Thanks for the information .

jcdp

X-plane 11.41r2

Hi All, I just discovered that CoPilot is also active in other GA aircraft. (Only Audible) Is that part of the plan?

EagleLight wrote:

Hi All, I just discovered that CoPilot is also active in other GA aircraft. (Only Audible) Is that part of the plan?

Hi! please describe the problem in more detail

At first my test config: X-Plane 11.30 r3, OS: Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.2
The plugin is not found under the menu items Plugins but instead, there is a new menu item A320 with the submenus for the Copilot. Three voices (Fred, Alex, and Victoria) are distorted because they run very slow and they hang during reading checklists.
The Copilot is greeting me when I turn towards him the first time. But it seems that he can't hear me anyway. I could control him via the menu but during the reading of the checklist, he stopped because my answer could not be heard.  At the icon in the right lower corner, I could see that the computer receives audio input and my headset works. I added a screenshot of my preferences concerned with the dictate for you to verify if I use the right parameters. I can click the checklists in the menu at the left margin of the screen and they turned to a green border but the copilot did not start to read the checklist (but I have to confess that I don't know if that's intended). With the menu commands, the Copilot works perfect and I can hear most of them perfectly.

25 (edited by EagleLight 2019-01-13 12:49:50)

Starting a new A320 flight after a GA flight, CoPilot is not in the RH seat

I took a test flight with my TBM900 and after the test flight I wanted to fly the A320, I started a new flight and discovered the Copilot is not visible in the cockpit.