Topic: Are you need X-Plane air/ground traffic?

Lets talk about this..

I work on traffic engine about last 6 months. Very long way. Not easy. Don't know how it will be..

First task (now stage) - try to build universal traffic engine without details to test performance (does not matter how cool this draw and work).

If performance will be useful - will be continue.

Please don't ask me a lot about details - i don't know about this now smile

http://youtu.be/5OwsXfaJxhw

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

Re: Are you need X-Plane air/ground traffic?

This is what we need!!! Looks really amazing!

Things what I usually dislike for traffic add-ons nowadays:
- Aircraft textures too low
- Aircraft nose wheel does not turn at all
- Aircraft does not make smooth turns but 'blocky'.
- Aircraft pushbacks with reverse thrust and not just with a nice cool pushback truck.
- Aircraft has a not realistic take-off flight path. It does not rotate realistic, has a very low vertical speed climb path et cetera
- Aircraft are connected to unrealistic parking places/gates. It's like a terminal for heavy's only, but a 737 or even a Cessna is parked between them.

Just some items to note! Not items to ask to implement. Just consider it if you want smile

3 (edited by J.A.Romanov 2015-06-25 19:14:10)

If I talk about engine developer stage, does not matter how much cessna stay around boeing. If you understand this - you are just trolling. If you not understand this - i sad.

This looks like the start of something fantastic. Very interested in this.

With regards to FS Stevens comment, I think I understand that he was commenting about traffic addons in general. Comments which were not directed to what he may have seen in your preview video.

Anyway, very keen to see this develop. It looks very smooth. As soon as a version is available to test, I will definitely help try it out.

Thanks,

Aaron

Gajinga wrote:

With regards to FS Stevens comment, I think I understand that he was commenting about traffic addons in general. Comments which were not directed to what he may have seen in your preview video.

Yes, correctly. Thank you for clarification.

You know me JAR, I always love and appreciate your great work! smile

FS Steven wrote:
Gajinga wrote:

Yes, correctly. Thank you for clarification.

You know me JAR, I always love and appreciate your great work! smile

Sure!

We need talk about some another thing -

- scenery (most of hi-quality scenery not ready for traffic and need to be more or less reworked)
- atc WED scenery format for taxiways not ready (not include wingspan/icao category info)
- atc WED gate format description not include parking/towing type, also wingspan/icao category info
- need a lot of animated acf's model with a lot of textures
- need understand shedullers source
- need make price low as possible

ideas?

Good day,
this was the best traffic plugin I have seen and with the news I have herd about the way that XP wants to handle the plugins so developers can control them using google I am already having less issues and better performance also with pre-sets in the resources it will be easer to set-up and test different plugins using the 10.40 X-Plane APP.
please let me know if I can help in any way.
captbullett

8 (edited by Fab10 2015-06-26 07:18:40)

Hi,
This is very good news, and an exciting prospect. If it's by JAR, it will be great, of that I am sure.
I think that AI traffic means different things to different people; for me, I would like to see FSX/P3D style AI:
Scheduled traffic, good aeroplane detail, many AI types, fair quality liveries (not too low but not too high for FPS's), airborne and ground traffic, TCAS hits, realistic routing (SID/STAR), ability to add/change traffic schedules.
What is difficult is putting the above into XP, because at present, WT has the capacity to be great too, but it's involved and complex. By this, I mean ground routes need programming (as you mention above in your own post) and scheduling is very awkward to arrange.
For me, right now, I use WT in a different way BECAUSE the above elements of ground routes and schedules are too difficult to use, and even the random function is too complex for MY liking.
What I want now is traffic around me in the air and if ground routes exist then on the ground too, and I particularly mind what airline (but it would be nice to choose based on region you're in) but I do care what aircraft types are shown, so no 747's at smaller airports.
I use LTG (local traffic generator), as I worked with the author to make it a better random generator, so one can chose aircraft types to fit where you are, and select the type of airborne traffic you want (from where you are, to where you, over flying etc).
This then creates WT route files for a set period of time, and you can run it during preflight, whilst in the air, on approach, etc.
why? Simply because I want to see other aeroplanes around me, and I'm not fussed what or where, and that's because XP is not really AI ready.
Another program called Pilot2ATC is for spoken ATC, but this can gives you taxi routes, so somehow it manages to "see" the best route to a holding point or gate.
Anyway, hope this is of some use, even if it is just my thoughts.
Fabio

9 (edited by J.A.Romanov 2015-06-26 20:08:46)

Trying make animations/lights for AI acts. Work well. Coll idea - i make the same data refs set for any acf. Every act use the same data refs for lights, engines, lgears, etc.

a sample acf with some animations and 3d lights:
https://youtu.be/TNSnkTUgcws

Whoa! This looks like the start of something great, it even looks good as is, but I'm sure there's a lot more work to be done. Count me in. If you need a tester, I'd be happy to help.

“The universe is big. It’s vast, complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.”The Doctor
Win7Pro64/i76700k 4.6/GTX 1080ti STRIX oc/32gbCorsairVengeance DD4Ram3000/ASUS Z170Deluxe

Work on AI landing today. How smooth it will be.. ?

http://youtu.be/LisPQ_vIufc

WOW, great work as usual! smile

great stuff, hopefully x-plane-devs will follow up with some long needed stuff being coded, like quality check of sceneries, fulfilling of standards etc.

thumbs up, as usual, Eugeny smile

This would be an instant buy I believe for the  X-plane community!  I own all of your products, I will continue to support you. As you can see, we are ready to assist you in any way possible.

Ken

Thanks! I really appreciate this.

Can we test it ? Ill be back end of the week after a almost 6 weeks x-plane-break smile

To be clear - only a prototype exist. like pre-alfa. just for experiments with code and ideas-engine.

So, now - nothing to try smile

;(

smile

Looks awesome! The lack of real AI traffic is what keeps me from switching from Prepar3d to XPlane as my main Flightsim. (And no, i am not into online flying smile ) Im going to buy this for sure.

Good day,
yes I will be willing test on the iMac when you are ready I hope you are have fun with you new family I just met my brother for the first time in 50 years ... I had so much fun ...
your friend,
Brian

J.A.Romanov wrote:

To be clear - only a prototype exist. like pre-alfa. just for experiments with code and ideas-engine.

captbullett wrote:

Good day,
yes I will be willing test on the iMac when you are ready I hope you are have fun with you new family I just met my brother for the first time in 50 years ... I had so much fun ...
your friend,
Brian

J.A.Romanov wrote:

Thanks! Yes, sure, spend a lot of tile with newborn, walk a lot, but coding every day 5-6 hrs.

Looks great JAR. Something that would make this perfect would be if you could contact the developer of RC4XP (ATC) to see if you could get the two plugins to communicate with each other. Having realistic ATC controlling hundreds of aircraft would be much better than the traffic add-ons for the other sims.

If you are still looking for schedules, I would recommend that you have it be able to read the FSX format as there are already tons of schedules available from places like world of ai and alpha india group.

Hello JAR, the idea that I have traffic, goes a little further than your own, the idea is to be able to read data from real sources as flightradar24 while traffic IVAO or VATSIM, whether you are or not connected. As for the models, I still think you need to use the CSL, that if you improve, and after that it is put to enhance the feelings of taxi, takeoff or landing. There is a Spanish group has developed models for FSX (sky traffic) and I really do not consume anything, his work is free, it would be interesting to taste it and saw how to work his soft, since it does not diminish the simulator
Regarding the fact that most of the scenarios should be changed ... that leave it in the hands of those who developed it. If anything can be proud with x-plane it is in your community.

A big hug and my encouragement and support for the project

The problem using flightradar24 is what they have not API. The services like flightradar24 what have API have unreal price. Also, flightradar24 impossible use ground movement - anyway need make own ground movement via plugin.

25 (edited by wycliffe 2015-09-19 08:13:27)

This is fantastic, once again your going to really push xplane forward. I would be more than happy to test this for you. What i am going to suggest might be impossible for you to implement but here goes. some time ago over on FSX, VOX ATC and an AT traffic developer came up with he crazy idea of linking both products, this has already been suggested in an earlier post.

It then came to a point where it was suggested that would it be possible to have this working AI traffic, whilst connected to the VATSIM or IVAO network but only when there was no network ATC about, that as soon as a controller came online both Vox ATc and the Ai Traffic would stop working, then one again if flying on route and asked to go to Unicom the ai traffic would come back.

It was an idea that for online fliers such as myself would always have traffic and atc chatter even at those time when on Unicom. Even now as I write this I can see the problems, the main one being even if there is no controllers online there will always be online pilots.

Oh well perhaps for the future, say 5/10 years time lol.

The one thing that I dont like about Xplane, WED as an airport developer is the whole taxi route business, I've never included a taxi route matrix for any of my airports as

1) I found it rather cumbersome to understand
2) i fly online with all my flights  so there is no need for me to have taxi routes embedded in the scenary's I create. (rather selfish I know)

If this plugin made that process for the end user easy such as a point and click to create their own taxi routes then it will be a winner. EFASS has this function when you need to draw your taxi route on the airport chart.

Wycliffe