Re: ver 2.4 beta 4 WIN/MAC 64 bit

Bruce wrote:
Bruce wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:

We have just Explode function on Space keyboard key.

Mmmm - OK Sir thanks.  Will continue to check.

Btw v2.4b4 is Fantastic!

For info: I just reproduced that engine shut down issue by pressing space bar.  The space key was by default
assigned to 'general action'.  I reassigned the space bar to 'None' in the Settings drop down.

Cheers to all

XP10.36, Win7x64, v2.4b4

Cool info, Bruce!

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

activation window for latest beta?

Intel i5 3570K, Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 4GB, 16GB Ram

Sorted. Norton was deleting a win.xpl file each time i downloaded it, thinking it was a problem file. I saw Norton do it this time and restored the file and now its working. Hope this helps anyone else out that is having similar issues.

Intel i5 3570K, Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 4GB, 16GB Ram

good day,
I have looked for this but I have not found the "button" so I think you generators are not set-up right or the de-iceing since, this is beyond my pay grade I have been looking in the books and have yet found the answer, but will keep researching ...
captbullett

Bruce wrote:

Hi captb

I wonder, should the RAT deploy again is it possible to retract it during flight?

Cheers

XP10.36, Win7x64, v2.4b4

105 (edited by nrlemo 2015-06-23 22:55:19)

captbullett wrote:

good day,
I have looked for this but I have not found the "button" so I think you generators are not set-up right or the de-iceing since, this is beyond my pay grade I have been looking in the books and have yet found the answer, but will keep researching ...
captbullett

Bruce wrote:

Hi captb

I wonder, should the RAT deploy again is it possible to retract it during flight?

Cheers

XP10.36, Win7x64, v2.4b4

According to the FCOM Page 3 available at:
http://www.smartcockpit.com/aircraft-re … aulic.html

Once deployed the RAT can only be stowed on ground.

Regards!

good day,
Yup you found just what I was looking for thank-you for the research and time.
captbullett

nrlemo wrote:
captbullett wrote:

good day,
captbullett

Bruce wrote:

Hi captb

Cheers

XP10.36, Win7x64, v2.4b4

According to the FCOM Page 3 available at:
http://www.smartcockpit.com/aircraft-re … aulic.html

Once deployed the RAT can only be stowed on ground.

Regards!

Did some flights recently, including visual approaches. Weather Conditions ranged from CAVOK to light rain combined with crosswind. In general the fbw performed well, even with wind drift included. Under normal weather conditions the fbw performed pretty stable - more than the original A320-FBW so far.

There is one think I would like to ask. Normally, it is not possible to fully extend spoilers above FL310 without Disconnecting the auto-pilot. Is there a way to add such a feature?

108 (edited by nrlemo 2015-06-26 23:51:38)

Hello guys, im using the V 4 Beta and having this weird camera movement. Im uploading a Gif, where you can see this sligthy odd movement....
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/474/t/p19op3j361jrsfj411tb1dhk19j13.gif

Do you have cinema verite enabled under the special options (or might be views)? That causes the slight shaking motion. Also try turning off head movement in the CDU.

jiggyb2 wrote:

Do you have cinema verite enabled under the special options (or might be views)? That causes the slight shaking motion. Also try turning off head movement in the CDU.

Yep! that was it...

Thanks!!

Excellent flight. Thank you for the work !

jetstream2x4 wrote:

There is one think I would like to ask. Normally, it is not possible to fully extend spoilers above FL310 without Disconnecting the auto-pilot. Is there a way to add such a feature?

The A320 is different in that regard compared to all the other family members (A318,A319 & A321).
When AP is on speed brakes are limited to 1/2 defelction, even though the lever is set to 3/4 or full. (You'll get a message on the ECAM about the positon mismatch).
If you're flying manually with speed brakes full and turn on the AP, the SEC will retract them to 1/2 position.

So your request is kind of in disagreement with real ops.

Add reverse only activeteable when on ground.

114 (edited by jetstream2x4 2015-07-01 19:08:42)

Thanks for information, Haui :-)

Wouldn´t it be wise to deactivate FO-Callout "Full Flaps" when

- auto pilot active and
- above FL 310

then?

I know, I am stressy ... This was just an idea to add more realism :-)

I recorded a new video last night and from the video you will see that once the FD is switched off the aircraft starts nodding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnaPYr7xvEI

Good day,
Nice video and yes the "nod" is there also the wind is going around in circles so when trying to work on an issue like this the developer need more than the "video" to find out what is going on how about a log.txt bbox_log.txt might also help then any one that looks at the video can also look at the data from the flight and reproduce the flight and see what is going on and give you an answer. but I would "guess" that it is in the downloaded weather //* METAR.rwx or the winds.rwx if you are using 10.40b4 but since i do not have the data to see I am only "guessing" hope this helps.
your friend,
captbullett

P.S. just like X-Plane asks for a some what detailed Bug report this also, should be followed on any forum for any 3rd party plugin for X-Plane aircraft or scenery pack then the developer can assist you better.
thank-you for your help 

Daniel.Laird wrote:

I recorded a new video last night and from the video you will see that once the FD is switched off the aircraft starts nodding.

117 (edited by eddiedee 2015-07-06 00:40:09)

"Going around in circles"....adjust your cheeters there Captain, direction is fluctuating by 3-5 degrees around the time the FD is switched off.

captbullett wrote:

Good day,
Nice video and yes the "nod" is there also the wind is going around in circles so when trying to work on an issue like this the developer need more than the "video" to find out what is going on how about a log.txt bbox_log.txt might also help then any one that looks at the video can also look at the data from the flight and reproduce the flight and see what is going on and give you an answer. but I would "guess" that it is in the downloaded weather //* METAR.rwx or the winds.rwx if you are using 10.40b4 but since i do not have the data to see I am only "guessing" hope this helps.
your friend,
captbullett

P.S. just like X-Plane asks for a some what detailed Bug report this also, should be followed on any forum for any 3rd party plugin for X-Plane aircraft or scenery pack then the developer can assist you better.
thank-you for your help 

Daniel.Laird wrote:

118 (edited by eddiedee 2015-07-06 01:47:14)

captbullett wrote:

Good day,
Just took a look at your video and yes there is an issue and I do see what the issue is you are flying manually I do not fly manually   unless there is a reason to this like, at take-off.

Nevertheless, aircraft is meant to be flown using the AP until you are what about to land I would have to read again the manual but I usually do not take it out of AP until I have reverse thrust the engines on the ground and applied the breaks then the AP automatically disengages and then you go on about your way.

What are you contributing by posting this reply?

If you don't fly visual approaches "Captain", just refrain from commenting. Else you could attempt to reproduce yourself, complete with a log.txt,
"Wind going in circles" or otherwise.

Out of respect for JAR and his forum, I've deleted my other comments.

Good day,
I have learned not to argue with people on the forums it is a waist of my time but when you  have an issue this is the right way to post the information so it is short and sweet for the Developer and anyone else to comment but I will never comment and when other people see your comments to me they probably will not help you either you cannot treat people bad on the forums when you are asking for help on one hand and cussing them on the other "."

below is a sample of the right way to post a //* Bug like a nod and since  eddiedee is a nube he has not seen the rules so it would be good if he did some reading first and then started to tell someone off but I will not help him any more. or post to his comments like he asked me to
captbullett

TDPlane2015-04-16 12:39:38 (edited by TDPlane 2015-04-17 05:08:23)
Privileged
Another CTD on OS X 10.10.3:
On take off out of KDTW, climbing out to my initial altitude on the RID SID, switching views (from chase to follow) ... crash to desktop.
PS
Almost every flight ends in a CTD !
Attachment icon bbox_log.txt 3.94 kb, 3 downloads since 2015-04-16
Attachment icon Log.txt 47.74 kb, 2 downloads since 2015-04-16
Attachment icon X-Plane_2015-04-16-183521_iMacIVYBridge.crash.zip 16.56 kb, 3 downloads since 2015-04-16   

eddiedee wrote:
captbullett wrote:

Good day,
Just took a look at your video and yes there is an issue and I do see what the issue is you are flying manually I do not fly manually   unless there is a reason to this like, at take-off.

Nevertheless, aircraft is meant to be flown using the AP until you are what about to land I would have to read again the manual but I usually do not take it out of AP until I have reverse thrust the engines on the ground and applied the breaks then the AP automatically disengages and then you go on about your way.

What are you contributing by posting this reply?

If you don't fly visual approaches "Captain", just refrain from commenting. Else you could attempt to reproduce yourself, complete with a log.txt,
"Wind going in circles" or otherwise.

Out of respect for JAR and his forum, I've deleted my other comments.

It is necessary to place the information on the continuation of the work and 320 plans. There are plans for the implementation of the navigation display flight plan акщь 330 ещ 320. However, perhaps you know there is a problem in the 330 with CTD on MAC. If we take a piece of code from 330, this problem will be on 320. But we can not lose MAC OS users, sure. Therefore, we must first solve the problem of 330 and get code what worked w/o problems. We are working on it together with LR and SASL developers. While there is no result, but we continue to try and test, try different solutions. Just for info.

Good day,
The information I posted above was only to show how to post a bug report not for the information inclosed and not to confuse the issue between the data between the A320 and the A330 this is why the rules are so important on the forum.

Since, I was trying to help with the issue at hand the X-Pilot did not realize that he was talking to a Mac platform tester and an Apple Developer and I was trying to point out to him how to post a proper post so, that he could get the help that he needed.

Nevertheless, I was cursed at in the most polite way and I will not help him any more since he made it clear he does not want my help. 

The TDPlane was only an example not for information on the issue at hand TDPlane is a "Privileged" member of JAR and knows how to do a proper Bug post, My hat is off to him for setting up such a quick and uniform way to send a Bug report. 

captbullett

J.A.Romanov wrote:

It is necessary to place the information on the continuation of the work and 320 plans. There are plans for the implementation of the navigation display flight plan акщь 330 ещ 320. However, perhaps you know there is a problem in the 330 with CTD on MAC. If we take a piece of code from 330, this problem will be on 320. But we can not lose MAC OS users, sure. Therefore, we must first solve the problem of 330 and get code what worked w/o problems. We are working on it together with LR and SASL developers. While there is no result, but we continue to try and test, try different solutions. Just for info.

Hi! Sure, that was info for common situation, not for local issue smile

Fuel Truck Problem?

Sometimes when at the Gate & preparing for a flight, the GPU &  fuel truck will not activate.  Is this a known problem?

For info. . .

Bruce wrote:

Fuel Truck Problem?

Sometimes when at the Gate & preparing for a flight, the GPU &  fuel truck will not activate.  Is this a known problem?

For info. . .

Parking brake ON->off->On brakes

Hello! I have problem with auto thrust. After touchdown, when you set the reverse thrust,increase the throttle to the max power. Airbus A320neo ver. 2.3 r4.