Re: ver 2.4 beta 4 WIN/MAC 64 bit

This weather radar is just default X-Plane, it can't be tuned or changed.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

52 (edited by Anterialis 2015-06-10 13:14:00)

JAR: Maybe a stupid question, excuse my lack of knowledge on how to make virtual aircrafts:

My gut feelin tells me the A330s FBW is better and less "noddy" than this A320, althought I cant say this for sure (yet), I am doing more investigations on this. BUT, is there a different FBW system for the A330 as opposed to this A320(beta)? Or are they the same and the differenes I get are only due to heavier weight and different/bigger airframe and air dynamics? Maybe less impact of wind...

Anterialis wrote:

JAR: Maybe a stupid question, excuse my lack of knowledge on how to make virtual aircrafts:

My gut feelin tells me the A330s FBW is better and less "noddy" than this A320, althought I cant say this for sure (yet), I am doing more investigations on this. BUT, is there a different FBW system for the A330 as opposed to this A320(beta)? Or are they the same and the differenes I get are only due to heavier weight and different/bigger airframe and air dynamics? Maybe less impact of wind...

new a320 beta and 330 have the same FBW module for Normal Law. But this is a different aircrafts, sure. 330 bigger and more stable, this is normal what they are difference.

Good day,
Could this little nod you are talking about  be when the aircraft is at FL10 and needs to pick-up speed for the accent to the prescribed FL set by the UFMC so, the nose nods down to pick up airspeed and then once the airspeed is achieved the aircraft then goes back to resuming the climb to altitude. I have only seen this behavior in the aircraft and hope this explains the issue you are having.
Nevertheless, this also, happens at the FL 5,000 or the transition flight level, and this is the only time I have seen the nod even with a wind or cross-wind of 30 -45 kt. which is an exaggerated wind speed.
captbullett   

J.A.Romanov wrote:
Anterialis wrote:

new a320 beta and 330 have the same FBW module for Normal Law. But this is a different aircrafts, sure. 330 bigger and more stable, this is normal what they are difference.

Thank you for the suggestion! Unfortunately this is not it.. The nodding I experience is constant.

Look at this video and you will see for you self smile It sometimes feels like a boat on the ocean..

56 (edited by captbullett 2015-06-11 17:36:47)

Good day,
Just took a look at your video and yes there is an issue and I do see what the issue is you are flying manually I do not fly manually   unless there is a reason to this like, at take-off.

Nevertheless, aircraft is meant to be flown using the AP until you are what about to land I would have to read again the manual but I usually do not take it out of AP until I have reverse thrust the engines on the ground and applied the breaks then the AP automatically disengages and then you go on about your way.

Since, in the video I see the AP is not in gauged then yes you will get the wind, and other abnormal behaviors because you are not flying, FBW you have all the forces working against you.

I have had worse trouble when trying to manually fly the 777 and even just try to take-off you would get a wild bank-angle that you cannot recover from so, in fact you are doing good for what you are trying to achieve since this happens with the larger aircraft.
captbullett

Anterialis wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion! Unfortunately this is not it.. The nodding I experience is constant.

Look at this video and you will see for you self smile It sometimes feels like a boat on the ocean..

Sure, no FLARE will be if you have alt mode, no THS freeze, etc

58 (edited by cessna729 2015-06-11 20:34:01)

Anterialis wrote:

Look closely at the W/V display on the ND, the wind speed is constant but the direction is shearing about all over the place. Try the approach again but just turn down the wind shearing and see if the aircraft handles better. :-)

X-Plane has had problems with weather ever since X-Plane 10 came out. Were you using XP "real Wx"?, another plugin or did you set the Wx?
Also IMHO, as you were fighting against the XP's unrealistic rate of change in wind shear direction and that caused you  to have ended up over controlling the aircraft. (rolling left then right, over and over then pitching up and down and finally diving into the runway).
So it looks like a combination of things caused the problem,  IMHO that is. ;-)
cessna729.

59 (edited by Anterialis 2015-06-12 14:03:22)

Captainbullet: This nodding happens just as much on AP, but the AP is fine with correcting all the time tongue But sometimes the nodding is so violent that the AP disconnects..

Also, flying visual approaches is some of the great fun with these big jets, and fairly normal in real life I presume. I think many airliners disconnect AP a few minutes before landing (in good weather ofc.), please correct me if I am wrong.

When no wind, these visual approaches are without much problems at all, its when the wind / guts is heavy that I run into problems.

"Brakes hot" Warning does not appear after RTO, despite brakes are over 600°C.

Hello Jar.

Thanks for the update. FBW seems more accurate now.

I have just a few questions regarding future updates:

- Will you change pseudo points so they can be calculated during flight? For example, T/C seems fixed to a position, however this points is dynamically calculated during the climb regarding to the conditions that can occur during this phase.

- Time estimated to next point on ND don't change now until we pass that point. However this time and the other times in mcdu are dinamically calculated during the flyght and before we can reach the next waypoint. Same for fuel.

- Will you implement discontinuity on mcdu fpl page?

Kind Regards,
João

62 (edited by captbullett 2015-06-12 14:50:30)

Good day,
one last thing I would like you to try re-start the computer, restart XP but then disconnect your internet connection leaving it off during the whole flight, before you do anything else and then start your usual process of Flight Planning ... and flight set-up and let's see what happens...
captbullett   

Anterialis wrote:

Captainbullet: This nodding happens just as much on AP, but the AP is fine with correcting all the time tongue But sometimes the nodding is so violent that the AP disconnects..

Also, flying visual approaches is some of the great fun with these big jets, and fairly normal in real life I presume. I think many airliners disconnect AP a few minutes before landing (in good weather ofc.), please correct me if I am wrong.

When no wind, these visual approaches are without much problems at all, its when the wind / guts is heavy that I run into problems.

galaio.silva wrote:

Hello Jar.

Thanks for the update. FBW seems more accurate now.

I have just a few questions regarding future updates:

- Will you change pseudo points so they can be calculated during flight? For example, T/C seems fixed to a position, however this points is dynamically calculated during the climb regarding to the conditions that can occur during this phase.

- Time estimated to next point on ND don't change now until we pass that point. However this time and the other times in mcdu are dinamically calculated during the flyght and before we can reach the next waypoint. Same for fuel.

- Will you implement discontinuity on mcdu fpl page?

Kind Regards,
João

All answers are in first post of this topic - all about what was changed and what plans.

captbullett wrote:

Good day,
one last thing I would like you to try re-start the computer, restart XP but then disconnect your internet connection leaving it off during the whole flight, before you do anything else and then start your usual process of Flight Planning ... and flight set-up and let's see what happens...
captbullett

I will try restarting the machine, disconnecting WiFi, and do a full flight. Tomorrow smile Thanks for all the suggestions!! I will report back.

Even with HDR on two lights are not working: The console/floor light and the charts console light (that one in the Upper Left position).

And I know this is not in the changelog, but is possible to add multiple airways on MCDU during the planning without having to get back to initial FP page every time? Or it's a bit complicated?

I can't activate 2.4b4 on X-Plane 10.40b2. Activation window does not show up.

i can't activate v2.4b4 there is no activation window, please help.

Intel i5 3570K, Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 4GB, 16GB Ram

Good day,
some info on your computer system could help but when you don't give any info one can't help you but i would ask you to see if your up-dates are done like service -packs and your VB-C++ ...
captbullett
hope this stars you off in the right direction...

Robby wrote:

I can't activate 2.4b4 on X-Plane 10.40b2. Activation window does not show up.

69 (edited by Anterialis 2015-06-13 13:56:20)

Captbullet,
I went for a fly-around this morning, disconnected from internet.  I still experienced some nodding, but in my opinion it was less noticeable (probably because I was making a video trying to show you the nodding...). I recorded with the "aerodynamic force vectors enabled" to see what was happening. It seems to me that its the wind, because the plane experiences sudden increases of lift, and then nodds.

Here is the video. NB! Watch it in HD.

Of course I executed the nicest easiest landing ever with this plane, now when I wanted to prove my point hmm Captbullett, what are your thoughts on flying disconnected from the internet?

New flight A320, serious nodding again... This time, connected to the internet and IVAO, although I dont see the connection. New video (quick) showing violent sideways nodding on departure.

Video here. (ready 15:50z according to Vimeo)

running 3570k withh a new gtx 970 4gb and 16gb ram
my sim is jerky and sways side to side but that could be the weather!

Intel i5 3570K, Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 4GB, 16GB Ram

Anterialis wrote:

New flight A320, serious nodding again... This time, connected to the internet and IVAO, although I dont see the connection. New video (quick) showing violent sideways nodding on departure.

Video here. (ready 15:50z according to Vimeo)

Wind direction change like crazy at this video!

And last video here.

You are right, JAR. Could this have something to do with the IVAO connection maybe...? Or some bogus winds..

Hi

i get no Activation Window. But when i install another planes new like the A320 V2.3 or the A330 etc. then the activation window will show shown.

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/142/t/p19nn9sf26l4f1ba810l0lmp4cs3.jpg

Can anyone help me plz? Thanks

Regards / Grüße

Dirk