101 (edited by Anterialis 2015-06-21 18:56:18)

Re: v1.1b5.2 distributive mostly the same b4 + new base SASL plugin

Hmm this is weird. I have tried 4 flights today with the beta A330, all of them have resulted in CTD just after push / starting taxi... I have flown this aircraft several times before (20 times..) without any problem. Suddenly today, only crashes... I haven't installed anything new, no new plugins etc. Weird... hmm

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 35.35 kb, 335 downloads since 2015-06-21 

102 (edited by Anterialis 2015-06-21 19:30:10)

Another crash, this time I tried the stable A330 windows version. I have also tried this aircraft before without any problems. Again, very weird. No changes to my system (as far as I can remember anyways..).

CTD.

(Regarding the log file: This might be the wrong log file, unfortunately I started up xPlane again before publishing this log file. I guess this log won't say much..)

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 79.22 kb, 351 downloads since 2015-06-21 

103 (edited by Anterialis 2015-06-21 19:50:48)

Ok Im giving up. I tried the A320 as well (which i have _never_ had a crash with before...), and I also get a crash.. Sounds to me its got nothing to do with the aircraft... Anybody good with reading log files? smile

This time, CTD while on departure, FL 120 or something like that...

EDIT: No crash with two other aircrafts.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 50.64 kb, 444 downloads since 2015-06-21 

104 (edited by captbullett 2015-06-21 23:46:12)

Good Day,
I have had no luck with this version and went to the stable 1.1...
then you might get one CTD on the third flight but after that you should be ok and since I went to 10.40b3 I have had no CTD's yet so don't start the ball rolling Please ...LOL
captbullett

note: try to disconnect the :

XSB: Loading package: /Applications/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/X-IvAp Resources/CSL/A320/xsb_aircraft.txt
XSB: Loading package: /Applications/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/X-IvAp Resources/CSL/AIRBUS/xsb_aircraft.txt
XSB: Loading package: /Applications/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/X-IvAp Resources/CSL/AN/xsb_aircraft.txt
XSB: Loading package: /Applications/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/X-IvAp Resources/CSL/AVROLINER/xsb_aircraft.txt
XSB: Loading package: /Applications/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/X-IvAp Resources/CSL/B738/xsb_aircraft.txt
XSB: Loading package: /Applications/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/X-IvAp Resources/CSL/B742/xsb_aircraft.txt

and see if this is the issue.... X-ivAp has been known to be able to cause issues ...

Anterialis wrote:

Ok Im giving up. I tried the A320 as well (which i have _never_ had a crash with before...), and I also get a crash.. Sounds to me its got nothing to do with the aircraft... Anybody good with reading log files? smile

This time, CTD while on departure, FL 120 or something like that...

EDIT: No crash with two other aircrafts.

105 (edited by Anterialis 2015-06-22 11:51:57)

Thanks!
Hehe didn't mean to start a whole new CTD discussion, I just found it very strange that i suddenly started getting CTD on every flight, when I have flown several times with no problems whatsoever, and without changing or undring anything...

Thanks, I will try this! And btw, by disconnecting, you simply mean to rename those text files?

Capbullett, good day.
You are right about X-Ivap plugin.
I got many problems with it.
So, I will follow your instructions and see what happens.
Alessandro

107 (edited by Anterialis 2015-06-22 18:59:30)

Dont know if this is a bug:
After the AP disconnects secondary to turning off the FD (I had to check something..), when I tried connecting AP again, it wouldn't lock to NAV or CLB in the PFD, it only said "SPEED" and wouldn't follow my flight plan. After hitting the LOC button (I tried everything to prevent having to load the act again...), It went into selected mode (vertical speed and NAV), and then when I clicked the altitude knob, everything worked as normal again.

Just FYI smile

EDIT: Updated to xPlane 10.40b3, no CTD!

Another problem that I might have heard mentioned by other users, but I cant locate that thread..:

I input the FP first, then departure rwy with SID. Everything works fine and the plane has implemented some waypoints called "speed limit" and the "TOD". Depending on the distance between the last waypoint and put into the FP and the landing AD, these waypoints can be before or after my last real waypoint.

1 - Do these extra waypoints (spd lim, TOD. e.g.) contain coordinate information, or should they follow the flightplan if the FP changes, and only contains distance data from AD depending on crz level etc.?
2 - What happens to these waypoints (TOD, spd lim e.g.) if I change some en-route airways/waypoints to lets say enter the destination AD from opposite angle? Will new TOD e.g. waypoints be calculated and replace the old waypoints?

Ive come to notice a couple of times that when I am enroute, and enter an arrival (STAR) for my destination AD, that the flight plan is completely messed up, with zigg zagg 180-degree turns between these "spd lim" waypoints the plane added by itself, and the new waypoints in the STAR. I have the feeling that if the "spd lim" or "spd 220" waypoints is (lets say) 50 nm from the AD, and the STAR contains a waypoint 60 nm from the AD, the flight will first fly to the "spd lim" waypoint, THEN turn 180 degrees back to catch the first STAR waypoint, and again turn 180 degrees to follow the remainder of the STAR. Do you understand what I mean?

3 - is this "normal" in this plane?
4 - is there a way to stop this from happening?

Most of the time I do not encounter this problem, and as mentioned before I think this has to do with the fact that usually the STAR waypoints (that I enter en-route) appear at the end for the flightplan, after the "spd lim" e.g. waypoints automatically added by the aircraft.

Thanks smile

Good day,
yup, I have this zig zag and it is because you did not line up the right runway, SID and flight plan if you have the right runway SID and flight plan you will get a good flow and not a zig zag with sharp points  and this is the best answer at my pay grade there maybe someone that can give you a better answer I am not a real pilot though ...
captbullett
P.S I use Navigraph data and there Cloud charts to plan so every thing i am doing seems to work as long as I am up to date and the nav data is placed in the right files ...

Anterialis wrote:

Another problem that I might have heard mentioned by other users, but I cant locate that thread..:

I input the FP first, then departure rwy with SID. Everything works fine and the plane has implemented some waypoints called "speed limit" and the "TOD". Depending on the distance between the last waypoint and put into the FP and the landing AD, these waypoints can be before or after my last real waypoint.

1 - Do these extra waypoints (spd lim, TOD. e.g.) contain coordinate information, or should they follow the flightplan if the FP changes, and only contains distance data from AD depending on crz level etc.?
2 - What happens to these waypoints (TOD, spd lim e.g.) if I change some en-route airways/waypoints to lets say enter the destination AD from opposite angle? Will new TOD e.g. waypoints be calculated and replace the old waypoints?

Ive come to notice a couple of times that when I am enroute, and enter an arrival (STAR) for my destination AD, that the flight plan is completely messed up, with zigg zagg 180-degree turns between these "spd lim" waypoints the plane added by itself, and the new waypoints in the STAR. I have the feeling that if the "spd lim" or "spd 220" waypoints is (lets say) 50 nm from the AD, and the STAR contains a waypoint 60 nm from the AD, the flight will first fly to the "spd lim" waypoint, THEN turn 180 degrees back to catch the first STAR waypoint, and again turn 180 degrees to follow the remainder of the STAR. Do you understand what I mean?

3 - is this "normal" in this plane?
4 - is there a way to stop this from happening?

Most of the time I do not encounter this problem, and as mentioned before I think this has to do with the fact that usually the STAR waypoints (that I enter en-route) appear at the end for the flightplan, after the "spd lim" e.g. waypoints automatically added by the aircraft.

Thanks smile

Captbullet,
Thanks for the explanation, you may very well be correct. I will keep this in mind next time it happens.

So this means that these extra waypoints (spd lim, TOD etc.) That appear in the flight plan, they are not bound to coordinates, and thus will change if the STAR/rwy changes? I guess they do...

Thanks again smile

Good day,
yes you have it.. this is what I have noticed when I use the right runway # the right SID and the Flight Plan, by //* onlineflightplanner.org  // which will give you the right data cycle and a pfd file to download and keep if you want this is the key to my success because from there I can fine tune the route using the cloud charts, SID charts and STAR charts to make a good Flight plan that works and has the right flow and no zig zag in it, sometimes it take a couple of tries ...
captbullett

Anterialis wrote:

Captbullet,
Thanks for the explanation, you may very well be correct. I will keep this in mind next time it happens.

So this means that these extra waypoints (spd lim, TOD etc.) That appear in the flight plan, they are not bound to coordinates, and thus will change if the STAR/rwy changes? I guess they do...

Thanks again smile

reproducable (everytime) CTO while loading.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 279.09 kb, 466 downloads since 2015-06-24 

Attachment icon X-Plane_2015-06-24-171226_rajo24.crash 74.45 kb, 308 downloads since 2015-06-24 

iMacPro, xplane11, ToLiss A319/A321, FF A320/A350, JD A320/A330/AN148, Carenado DO228/B1900/PC12/SR22/BE35-REP/PA46, Alabeo M20R/C177, RW-Design DHC6/A330, dmax P92/Blackshape Prime, aerobask DA42/DA62/EA55, Heinz Comanche 250, JRollon CRJ200/F260-REP, STMA DA40/DHC3, xhangar DA20, FlyJSim Q400 Legacy, LES 340A, Thranda-Kodiak-Quest-REP

113 (edited by captbullett 2015-06-24 16:47:15)

Good day,
I do not know what this is but I would start with this issue ,
[xcontrol/64/mac.xpl]: It is illegal to register a command starting with sim/
[xcontrol/64/mac.xpl]: It is illegal to register a command starting with sim/
it looks here like your XML file is corrupt i would almost download a fresh copy of your aircraft... and reinstall into the right file then register it ... 

here is something wrong with the XSB and there are known issues with mac so this is above my pay grade but I would remove the plugin and see what happens ...

XSB WARNING: package 'Resources/plugins/X-IvAp Resources/CSL/CSL_files_readme.txt' could not be opened.
XSB: Loading package: Resources/plugins/X-IvAp Resources/CSL/D228/xsb_aircraft.txt
XSB: Loading package: Resources/plugins/X-IvAp Resources/CSL/D328/xsb_aircraft.txt

finally, the sasl issue has been going on for a while and the best thing i can recommend is to install 10.40.B3 which has resolved most if not all of my issues on the mac.

SASL INFO: loading    mcdu_int
SASL ERROR: Error loading panel: not enough memory

captbullett

rajo wrote:

reproducable (everytime) CTO while loading.

if have "not enough memory" error, may try place a330 direct to Aircrafts folder. This may help.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

Good day,
when i up-dated to 10.40b3 the issue have all gone and no CTD's at all on the mac I did not want to go public yet until I tested the on last test and that is the change position which I am doing now
captbullett
thank's JAR

J.A.Romanov wrote:

if have "not enough memory" error, may try place a330 direct to Aircrafts folder. This may help.

CTO, last line Log.txt: SASL ERROR: Error loading panel: not enough memory

I can't believe, but  "place a330 direct to Aircrafts folder" helped. So its the SASL Memory for the Path Names?

iMacPro, xplane11, ToLiss A319/A321, FF A320/A350, JD A320/A330/AN148, Carenado DO228/B1900/PC12/SR22/BE35-REP/PA46, Alabeo M20R/C177, RW-Design DHC6/A330, dmax P92/Blackshape Prime, aerobask DA42/DA62/EA55, Heinz Comanche 250, JRollon CRJ200/F260-REP, STMA DA40/DHC3, xhangar DA20, FlyJSim Q400 Legacy, LES 340A, Thranda-Kodiak-Quest-REP

Good day,
thank-you for this information i will make this adjustment also, no CTD's until the post above today and then BAM CTD and it waned to make me wrong so, JAR is the master... LOL  will be testing tomorrow  the strange ting there was no apple CTD report with this CTD it was a silent shut down, so I can't say it was a Sasl issue because there was not enough data to look at even it the console.
captbullett 

rajo wrote:

CTO, last line Log.txt: SASL ERROR: Error loading panel: not enough memory

I can't believe, but  "place a330 direct to Aircrafts folder" helped. So its the SASL Memory for the Path Names?

CTO short after starting descend. Xplane 10.40b3

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 453.42 kb, 340 downloads since 2015-06-24 

Attachment icon X-Plane_2015-06-25-023637_rajo24.crash 73.24 kb, 310 downloads since 2015-06-24 

Good day,
so even though you moved the main file to the main root file of the aircraft file you still had a CTD on this version, now I have switch from this version to the stable  version of the A330 and have had minimal CTD's which is probably my fault...
captbullett

P.S. try to re-start the computer / re-start XP and go from there ...

rajo wrote:

CTO short after starting descend. Xplane 10.40b3

Wow, this is indeed a surprise: Had constant CTDs on my iMac every time when loading the plane and did not quite believe in the root folder theory. But well, I must admit, it seems to work for me. Immediately after moving the folder, I was able to load the plane for the first time.

Alex

Good day,
Yes I have move my A330 to the main folder it is the stable version 1.1r1 ... but it is just so, nice to fly and the UFMC with Navigraph data and the "Cloud maps", to navigate on my MacbookPro the combination makes the simulation very realistic indeed.

Nevertheless, when I do get a CTD it is because of something I have done wrong, usually over load the memory which will  CTD a Mac every-time.

just lower your rendering setting and on X-Plane 10.40 there are pre-set rendering settings you can use now to make quick changes to the rendering settings.
your XP friend,
captbullett

AlexCohrs wrote:

Wow, this is indeed a surprise: Had constant CTDs on my iMac every time when loading the plane and did not quite believe in the root folder theory. But well, I must admit, it seems to work for me. Immediately after moving the folder, I was able to load the plane for the first time.

Alex

Crash to desktop during descend without touching anything in that moment.

X-Plane version was 10.40 Beta 5 running on my iMac with OS X Yosemite 10.10.4. Aircraft is placed in the root aircraft folder.

Alex

PS: However, managed to do a full flight from Lagos/Nigeria to London Heathrow yesterday, so I am more than happy.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon crashreport.txt 73.27 kb, 317 downloads since 2015-07-05 

Attachment icon Log.txt 243.91 kb, 321 downloads since 2015-07-05 

Good day,
Now can you try the same flight plan and use your pre-set renderings and set them ; so, they are one less ,if they are set "high" set them to "med." and I think you get what I am trying to do here, and the reason why the pre-sets were designed in 10.40.b5 so then setup FP and see if you get a CTD I would re-start the computer and X-Plane first and lets see if we can get past the CTD...
captbullett

AlexCohrs wrote:

Crash to desktop during descend without touching anything in that moment.

X-Plane version was 10.40 Beta 5 running on my iMac with OS X Yosemite 10.10.4. Aircraft is placed in the root aircraft folder.

Alex

PS: However, managed to do a full flight from Lagos/Nigeria to London Heathrow yesterday, so I am more than happy.

124 (edited by Haui 2015-07-12 18:38:02)

Hi guys,

I just recently bought the A332 and I'm pretty much enjoying it. Great work JARDesign!!!
I do have a few bug reports / suggestions based on my beta testing of FF A350 and QPAC's FBW/Avioncs suite, but I'm not (yet?) allowed to create new toppics. Maybe an admin can create/move this to the appropriate place.

Versions tested were 1.1b5.2 and the latest stable version (MCDU says VER 12 and 04.15) should be v1r2.

FBW:
-  This is a difficult and highly subjective issue but I feel that especially the roll command is dampened to much. It kind of feels like the A/C is flying on rails and you have to first get the A/C out of it's track to establich any roll movement.

-  Yaw dampers seem to be inop? Even in light turbulences the A/C suffers from massive roll-yaw oscillations (dutch-roll anyone?) and the wind is able to deflect the rudder. (Impossible in r/l as there are several thousand psi of hyd. pressure counteracting

-   flare law seems to be a bit too agressive as well?! Upon touch down I almost need to apply full back stick to smooth the landing and avoid smashing onto the rwy. This stand in hard contrast to the necessary movements during approach or short final. In this flight regime I have to barely touch the sidestick to cause quite the change in pitch or roll.

ECAM:
- The ECAM is completely missing the auto display mode (FCOM Vol I 1.31.20 p2-3). When no specific ECAM page is selected (no button is illuminated) the auto mode will show different ECAM pages depending on the phase of the flight. I.e when I'm checking the flight controls the F/CTL page should automatically display and remain displayed for 20 second after the last flight controls input. Other pages that are displayed automatically in certain conditions are WHEEL, ENG, APU and CRUISE pages. (FCOM Vol I 1.31.20 p3; Indicating/Recording Systems, Indication on SD)

MCDU:
-  on the F-PLN page it's not possible to enter speed and altitude restrictions directly. I.e. if I set 220/5000 and click on a RSK button the waypoint in that line should immediately accept this input an set a speed restriction of 250 kias and an altitude restriction of 5000ft. In the current model this input (250/5000) takes me directly to the VERT REV subpage where I can enter the restriction. Combinations of speed and altitude restriction should also be possible i.e. 250/ and /5000 for speed or altitude restrictions only. (FCOM Vol IV 4.05.10 p12)

Flight dynamics/FBW: (Climb Energy Sharing)
-   when reaching acceleration altitude Airbus aircraft use 70% of the established thrust to accelerate and 30% to climb. Right now the A320neo and A332 use 100% of thrust to accelerate resulting in a complete level off near the accel altitude. This is kind of unpleasent and disrupts a smooth climb and normal ops. Interestingly, I haven't yet observed that behavior at FL100 when accelerating further. (A330 Flight deck & Systems Briefing for Pilots, 10.31)

These are my observations and apart from those your model is first rate. I especially looooooove the wing flex and ground movement dynamics, this A/C taxies so realistically, wow. And everybody knows that textures and 3D-modelling are next to nothing. Really great job JARDesign.

Should you have any follow up questions, I'd be happy to answer them. Skype is also possible.

Greetings

Michael

Post's attachments

Attachment icon A330_Constrains_input_on_F-PLN_page.jpg 98.89 kb, 116 downloads since 2015-07-12 

Attachment icon A330_ECAM_SD_Auto_Mode.jpg 163.24 kb, 130 downloads since 2015-07-12 

Attachment icon Airbus Climb Energy sharing_FDAS.jpg 249.32 kb, 127 downloads since 2015-07-12 

Hi,

I am using X-Plane 10.40b5 and latest Yosemite. I can confirm that removing Gizmo reduces CTD by 90%. I still get CTD once in a while after takeoff, but disabling Gizmo seems to be a good idea.

Thank you!

Tim