Topic: KLAX - Los Angeles LAX International Airport USA

In cooperate with 'mustang60348' for freeware (5 star) KLAX - Los Angeles Intl Airport
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi … rnational/

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/2234/t/p1akrc1s6aebmnq41fjo1gg6127k3.jpg
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/2234/t/p1akrc28ess0p153p14dlren1ofl5.jpg

When you start FMCar and/or X-Life next time, KLAX  files will be autodownloaded to your /Airports/ folder.
Also, a real frequencies of airport are included to KLAX.txt

Static aircraft in the scenery:
To remove the existing static aircrafts (where it need), just unpack the 'KLAX - Los Angeles International Nostatic.zip' archive to you 'custom scenery' folder. Don't forget what "KLAX - Los Angeles International Nostatic" must be located higher then KLAX main scenery in the 'scenery_packs.ini' file. Please don't forget about this.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon KLAX - Los Angeles International Nostatic.zip 25.9 mb, 10703 downloads since 2016-06-09 

Attachment icon KLAX.dat 81.53 kb, 836 downloads since 2016-06-09 

Attachment icon KLAX.txt 12.44 kb, 789 downloads since 2016-06-09 

Re: KLAX - Los Angeles LAX International Airport USA

Good day,
Oh thank-you I have been quietly waiting for this gem to be finished by you and did not want to say anything while you were working hard to finish up.

Happy Flying,
Brian

captbullett wrote:

Good day,
Oh thank-you I have been quietly waiting for this gem to be finished by you and did not want to say anything while you were working hard to finish up.

Happy Flying,
Brian

Thank you.

Hi,

Can you please explain how to install it?
I found static aircraft overlapping with X-Life aircraft, and I reached this forum while looking for a solution.

1. Can I expect the overlapping aircraft problem to be solved with this version?
2. Do I simply overwrite the original files with the ones from "KLAX - Los Angeles International Nostatic.zip" ?
3. What do I do with KLAX.dat and KLAX.txt files?
4. What do you mean "When you start FMCar and/or X-Life next time, KLAX  files will be autodownloaded to your /Airports/ folder."?

Thank you so much!

wjdgusah wrote:

Hi,

Can you please explain how to install it?
I found static aircraft overlapping with X-Life aircraft, and I reached this forum while looking for a solution.

1. Can I expect the overlapping aircraft problem to be solved with this version?
2. Do I simply overwrite the original files with the ones from "KLAX - Los Angeles International Nostatic.zip" ?
3. What do I do with KLAX.dat and KLAX.txt files?
4. What do you mean "When you start FMCar and/or X-Life next time, KLAX  files will be autodownloaded to your /Airports/ folder."?

Thank you so much!

Hi, in answer to your points

1. Yes, follow these steps to install
2. Do not overwrite original files, download the Nostatic.zip file above and unzip. To complicate matters there's a double folder structure with same name, copy the second folder which contains 'Earth nav data' and 'Ramps' sub-folders to your X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery folder. Now in the X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery folder edit the name of the KLAX Nostatic folder so there is an @ symbol in front of 'Los' to raise the Nostatic folder above the main folder, this is an easy way to ensure the Nostatic folder is above the main folder in the scenery_packs.ini file.
Your file structure should look something like:-
Custom Scenery/KLAX - @Los Angeles International Nostatic
Custom Scenery/KLAX - Los Angeles International
3. You no longer need the .dat & .txt files, now there is a new format .xlf file. I have modified the stock .xlf and included it in this post, download KLAX.xlf and place in X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/X-Life/Airports folder, when asked overwrite the original.
4. Each time X-Life runs it checks its Airport folder and adds any new or missing official .dat, .txt or .xlf files, the modified .xlf won't be overwritten, you don't need to do anything else.

Hope this helps, Phil

Post's attachments

Attachment icon KLAX.xlf 53.78 kb, 546 downloads since 2018-01-21