Re: X-Life ver 1.1 (r1, ++)

No crashes for me lately using the latest X plane 10.50r2 and the latest X Life plugin. Have flown several flights mostly KLAX TO KSEA and back using the plug in ATC. Make sure you have other traffic plugins removed so there are no conflicts using resources. If you are experiencing system crashes try removing plugins one by one to isolate the problem. Will there be anymore developments for X-Life? Seems pretty quiet lately. Happy flying.

Vlodek9 wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue that having with XL.  I'm running XPlane and XLife on a Macbook Pro 2.3GHz i7, 16G of ram, and 2G Intel Iris Pro graphics card.
Using Sony 32" hdmi 60Hz TV as external monitor.

I have very few low end plugins like Xpassanger, Ground Handling, TugMaster running in the background.  My airport scenery is the freeware I got from Xlife compatibility map. No HD mash.

Flying the CRJ200 and IXEG 737 Classic.

Issue: 90+% of the time XLife crashes XPlane when I use XLife ATC.  XLife traffic by itself has no issues, no FPS lose, works great 100% of the time. 
The moment I request clearance from ATC, it usually crashes.  When it does not and I continue playing, there is a 50/50 chance that it will crash when I call TOD.
Every log.txt file after a crash states "XPlane crashed due to XLife".

Tried:
Narrowed it down to the ATC.  Again, traffic (ground and air, with or without bluebell work 100% without ever crashing).
Removed ALLl plusgins one by one.  Still crashes
Minimized rendering. Still crashes

Removed XLife but kept all other plugins with high rendering.  No issues, no crash.

Contacted XLife, great support but I think they are starting to run out of things to try as well.

So, has anyone heard or seen this issue?  Maybe my Macbook Pro is not powerful enough? Any thoughts or ideas of things to try next?

Thanks

Good day,
IXEG might be the issue please try another aircraft first before making any other changes.
If it works then you found the issue also attach a log txt. I've been in the VA hospital and MIA so I'm back and will be working from a iOS platform for a while until I can move my computer to the west coast ...
captbullett

Downloaded xplane 10.50 yesterday and then downloaded x-life deluxe.  It keeps crashing on me everytime I turn traffic on.  Bummed.  Any help is greatly appreciated

Log is below

log.txt for X-Plane 10.50r3 (build 105009 64-bit)
compiled on Aug 25 2016 19:51:14
X-Plane started on Mon Aug 29 11:20:49 2016

XL: 0 : MessageGreen: Loading... please wait!
XL: 0 : Bluebell XL library find: C:\Users\Graham Ginn\Desktop\X-Plane 10\/Custom Data/Bluebell XL/
XL: 0 : X-Life:FileIO:Cant open file C:\Users\Graham Ginn\Desktop\X-Plane 10\/Custom Data/Bluebell XL/__MACOSX/PackA/PackA.txt
XL: 0 : X-Life plugin ver.1.1r4 080816 detect crash.
XL: 0 : Memory dump saved to x-life.dmp file
XL: 0 : Please send this log.txt file and x-life.dmp file (from X-Plane folder) to support@jardesign.org !

Try removing the EasyATC plugin because there could be a conflict between the two. Also there seems to be an issue with the Blue Bell Packs. Make sure the Packs are fully extracted to the Custom Data Folder. There should be the Bluebell XL folder in the Custom data folder, click on that to open it, you should then see the Custom, PackA, PackB, PackG, PackJ, and PackP folders. You can also try removing the Blue Bell pack folder and running X-Life without it to see if that is the issue.

Fixed this by reinstalling OpenScenery.  Awesome product.  Looking forward to more airports having this function attached to them.  This should be part of any new update for Xplane.  Fabulous!  Flew around SFO and the Bay area with the free scenery you can find as well as the ship traffic.  Stunning to say the least.  I am now deleting every record of Prepar3d off my computer.  Huge WASTE of money buying any Microsoft product.  Xplane and its talented group of developers are simply the most talented folks in the sim world.  Thanks JAR Design...now on to download your stunning 320 NEO as I'm a former airline pilot.  Cannot wait.

swimbody wrote:

Fixed this by reinstalling OpenScenery.  Awesome product.  Looking forward to more airports having this function attached to them.  This should be part of any new update for Xplane.  Fabulous!  Flew around SFO and the Bay area with the free scenery you can find as well as the ship traffic.  Stunning to say the least.  I am now deleting every record of Prepar3d off my computer.  Huge WASTE of money buying any Microsoft product.  Xplane and its talented group of developers are simply the most talented folks in the sim world.  Thanks JAR Design...now on to download your stunning 320 NEO as I'm a former airline pilot.  Cannot wait.

Cool glad you could fix the problem! Let us/me know how you like the Neo 320 I usually fly the freeware A 380 which is fun to fly and easy to maneuver for a big plane. Interesting to hear your input since you were an airline pilot who did you fly for? I agree flying on the west coast has great scenery and is a much greater test of flying skills in X Plane a favorite of mine is KLAX to KSLC. If it's overcast at KSLC you have you hands full making the approach and descent over the mountains, must trust your flight plan the vectors and your instruments! X Life is a great product which adds a lot of realism, hoping there will be further improvements!

357 (edited by bujablaster 2016-09-04 09:40:59)

Hello,

i have an issue with transferring flight plan from FMS to XL via "Import from aircraft's FMS" function - XL says "Aircraft not support this function".

Aicraft is x737 from EADT (latest v5) with x737FMC from Javier Cortez (also latest version). I didn't try default FMC and also what is strange a 124thATC plugin which i used before had no problems with importing flight plan from FMS.

My actual workaround is to put flight plan manually also in /X-life/Flight Plans folder and then import it in XL Flight plan window, it works, but it would be nice if "import from FMS" was working with this aircraft with this FMC wink.

XP 10.45
XL 1.1r4

Otherwise XL with ATC feels really good, can't gen enough of it, thanks for such nice product smile

Thank you for any help.

J.A.Romanov wrote:

Hello all! Was a busy last 2 weeks, sorry. So, we just post release 4 of ver 1.1

As you know may be, NOAA weather servers change metar data internet location - new r4 take this in account. If you use 1.1 r1..r3, you need take new .xpl files only.

Distributive is here: http://www.jardesign.org/x-life/download/xlife.zip

Good day,
also, if you run a Mac this is posted ...

Posted in Technical Support - Cubby's Corner
As most people know, the NOAA web server that provides X-Plane with its real-time weather has been shut down, and the data moved to a new server. X-Plane 10.50 will fixed this issue, but if you're still using an older version, you're stuck.

For Mac users, here's a short Applescript that addresses the problem. Save this script as an application, and you have a quick way to grab the current weather data.

Copy and paste into Script Editor, and change the file paths for the Download folder and X-Plane folder to match your own machine

-- Get the current hour in 24 hour format
tell (current date) to set Now to (its hours as string) & ":" & (its minutes as string) & ":" & its seconds as string

-- Add a leading zero if necessary
if (character 1 of Now) is not "1" then set Now to "0" & Now

-- Grab the first two digits as the hour
set Hour to characters 1 thru 2 of Now as text

-- Set the download URL and the location of the file
-- These paths should be modified to match the locations on your own machine
set WeatherURL to "http://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/data/observat … ar/cycles/" & Hour & "Z.TXT"
set DownloadPath to "/Users/jimroyal/Downloads/METAR.rwx"
set XplaneMETAR to "/Applications/X-Plane\\ 9/METAR.rwx"

-- Download the weather file
do shell script "curl -L " & WeatherURL & " -o " & DownloadPath

-- Move the weather fle to the X-Plane folder
do shell script "mv " & DownloadPath & " " & XplaneMETAR

Happy Flying,
captbullett

359 (edited by ilankrt 2016-09-04 13:38:52)

FLIGHT EDDF - LOWI
X-PLANE CRASH

OSX 10.11.6, iMac27
XPLANE 10.50r3
X-Life 1.1r4

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log copy.txt 116.96 kb, 216 downloads since 2016-09-04 

Attachment icon OSX CRASH REPORT.txt 65.5 kb, 296 downloads since 2016-09-04 

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

ilankrt wrote:

FLIGHT EDDF - LOWI
X-PLANE CRASH

OSX 10.11.6, iMac27
XPLANE 10.50r3
X-Life 1.1r4

Good day,

The most likely reason for your CTD is theses warnings,

WARNING: texture Custom Scenery/EDFH_Frankfurt_Hahn_120/textures/schatten747e.png has a size that is not a power of 2; it may not render correctly.
WARNING: texture Custom Scenery/EDFH_Frankfurt_Hahn_120/textures/schatten737.png has a size that is not a power of 2; it may not render correctly.
WARNING: texture Custom Scenery/EDFH_Frankfurt_Hahn_120/textures/schatten747e_LIT.png has a size that is not a power of 2; it may not render correctly.

As, I do not see another reason for your issues ...

Happy Flying,
captbullett

361 (edited by ilankrt 2016-09-09 13:42:31)

FLIGHT LOWI - LOWG
X-PLANE CRASH

OSX 10.11.6, iMac27
XPLANE 10.50r3
X-Life 1.1r4
FM CAR

For this flight I installed again FM car plugin.  I think that this plugin is responsible for this crash and
possibly for the 2 crashes in the past. (Because of that I took the FM from the plugin folder
and had no crash any more...)

Has someone same problem with FM car?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log copy.txt 76.39 kb, 258 downloads since 2016-09-09 

Attachment icon PROBLEM REPORT FOR X-PLANE 10.50R3.pdf 61.79 kb, 242 downloads since 2016-09-09 

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

JAR can you please block thread 326

Hello,
is it please possible to disable the auto-minimize function of the ATC Panel into that little sidebar ? The thing is that I have Xplane on three 27" screens and the panel keeps moving waaay left to the last monitor where I can barely see it. I'd like to just pin it where I like it during takeoff and landings and minimize it only during cruise. If this is not possible then it would be nice if such "pin" function was added. Thanks.

Hi,

First off, I love all the JAR products that I've purchases (a bunch of them), and really enjoy X-Life in 10.50.

However, I have a really basic question on the air traffic portion of X-Life (I don't use it for ATC). 

I assumed, when flying between two JAR XL approved airports, that I'd see and interact with aircraft while on approach to the destination airport, and would do so even if I didn't file a flight-plan (I have deluxe but not for flight planning and ATC)

So for example, during a flight this evening, I had good aircraft density at the departure airport, KILM, but there was no populated traffic around KATL when I arrived in the area.  Do I have to toggle the traffic off/then on again to get KATL to load while I'm in the air?  Is there a way to do that when I'm 60 miles out, to make sure there is traffic in the area when I arrive?

Why is there no traffic populating when I approach a supported destination airport?

Thanks

Bill

wcschulz3 wrote:

Hi,

First off, I love all the JAR products that I've purchases (a bunch of them), and really enjoy X-Life in 10.50.

However, I have a really basic question on the air traffic portion of X-Life (I don't use it for ATC). 

I assumed, when flying between two JAR XL approved airports, that I'd see and interact with aircraft while on approach to the destination airport, and would do so even if I didn't file a flight-plan (I have deluxe but not for flight planning and ATC)

So for example, during a flight this evening, I had good aircraft density at the departure airport, KILM, but there was no populated traffic around KATL when I arrived in the area.  Do I have to toggle the traffic off/then on again to get KATL to load while I'm in the air?  Is there a way to do that when I'm 60 miles out, to make sure there is traffic in the area when I arrive?

Why is there no traffic populating when I approach a supported destination airport?

Thanks

Bill

I would be interested in the answer to this question also, I tried the free version and liked the AI traffic portion. I am not really interested in ATC but would like traffic at departure & destination airports

lanmancz wrote:

Hello,
is it please possible to disable the auto-minimize function of the ATC Panel into that little sidebar ? The thing is that I have Xplane on three 27" screens and the panel keeps moving waaay left to the last monitor where I can barely see it. I'd like to just pin it where I like it during takeoff and landings and minimize it only during cruise. If this is not possible then it would be nice if such "pin" function was added. Thanks.

with the same configuration (3 screens) the ability to keep the popup to open ATC would be more comfortable.
I do not know much but it should not be very difficult to cancel the disappearance of this screen

Thank you to the developer; smile

richardcarter wrote:
wcschulz3 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Bill

I would be interested in the answer to this question also, I tried the free version and liked the AI traffic portion. I am not really interested in ATC but would like traffic at departure & destination airports

Anyone ?

richardcarter wrote:
richardcarter wrote:
wcschulz3 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Bill

Anyone ?

I see traffic on both ends, as long as ATC Routes are installed.

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

CTD while flying from EGCC to EGPE.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 188.79 kb, 225 downloads since 2016-09-22 

Attachment icon x-life.dmp 177.08 kb, 155 downloads since 2016-09-22 

Hi, thanks for your note.  Could you tell me, exactly what you mean about ATC routes being installed? Are these routes we can design, add?

I'm not sure I understand "ATC routes".  (I have built ATC taxi-ground routes for an airport that work in XL...just not sure what you mean by ATC Routes.

That is--if I file a flightplan using the ATC functions--does that "build" the routes in question?

Thanks

wcschulz3 wrote:

Hi, thanks for your note.  Could you tell me, exactly what you mean about ATC routes being installed? Are these routes we can design, add?

I'm not sure I understand "ATC routes".  (I have built ATC taxi-ground routes for an airport that work in XL...just not sure what you mean by ATC Routes.

That is--if I file a flightplan using the ATC functions--does that "build" the routes in question?

Thanks

Hi,
Yes, I mean the ATC Taxi Routes as defined by WED and that we store in the ICAO.dat file for using and sharing in XL (Theoretically can can also reside in the apt.dat file for the respective airport and still work but that's more difficult to share for copyright reasons).
I don't have to file a flight plan to get traffic on both ends of a flight.
If you share a log.txt and the .dat files from the origin and destination airports we can have a closer look to find out any issues.

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

laohu314 wrote:
wcschulz3 wrote:

Thanks

Hi,
Yes, I mean the ATC Taxi Routes as defined by WED and that we store in the ICAO.dat file for using and sharing in XL (Theoretically can can also reside in the apt.dat file for the respective airport and still work but that's more difficult to share for copyright reasons).
I don't have to file a flight plan to get traffic on both ends of a flight.
If you share a log.txt and the .dat files from the origin and destination airports we can have a closer look to find out any issues.

Hi, thanks for taking a look.  Here is a flight from today.  I de-activated and re-activated XL on short final into ATL, as there was no traffic on arrival.  Same story when flying between XL-approved airports.  Thanks

Bill

Post's attachments

Attachment icon KGSP TO KATL.zip 41.95 kb, 177 downloads since 2016-09-24 

How to Request a New Feature?

Hi, I'd love the ability to tell XL which specific airport I'd like to activate, so that, when coming in-bound to that airport (assuming it's got the needed dat/text files), it would have planes already flying--making the approach more interesting.

At this point, even when using two approved XL airports, I always arrive to an empty airport.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Bill

374 (edited by hmrc87 2016-10-02 11:12:35)

I am flying with a Aquila A210 http://store.x-plane.org/Aquila-A210-an … p_440.html on EDDN. As soon as I line up with the runway I set the transponder to squawk 2355. ATC asks me again and again, I cannot get out of the loop. Any ideas?

Transponder is a Garmin GTX 330

CTD while flying from EGGP to EGNT using X-Plane 10.51r1.  This occurred about half way through the flight.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 106.85 kb, 252 downloads since 2016-10-02 

Attachment icon x-life.dmp 148.28 kb, 153 downloads since 2016-10-02