Re: X-Life ver 2.1 beta 3,4,5,6,7 (add real schedule)

Hi X-plane 11.11r1 and X-life 2.1b5. X-Life doesn't accept official EDDF to CYYZ route. Navdata is syncronized.

OBOKA UZ29 NIK UL610 LAM UL179 CPT UL9 SLANY DCT MALOT NATC JANJO N560A YBC J555 ML J553 DICEN Q848 LETAK

My setup: Windows 10 (64-bit),Asus maximus formula IX, i7 6700K, G.Skills 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSI GTX 1080 gaming z (8GB),
My Fleet: FF A320U, FF A350, FF B763, FF B757v2 ext, JAR A330, JAR A320, ToLiss A319
Utilities: X-LIFE Deluxe, FMcar, EFASS, XEnviro, X-Camera

wesader wrote:

Hi X-plane 11.11r1 and X-life 2.1b5. X-Life doesn't accept official EDDF to CYYZ route. Navdata is syncronized.

OBOKA UZ29 NIK UL610 LAM UL179 CPT UL9 SLANY DCT MALOT NATC JANJO N560A YBC J555 ML J553 DICEN Q848 LETAK

It is a known problem since a long time that X-Life don't accept DCT in route plans (read older threads). You should let X-Life to create a route that leans on GNS430 data base - it is the only way to use X-Life in this route....

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

Strange crash in KSFO. CTD X-Plane 11.11r1 X-Life 2.1b5

My setup: Windows 10 (64-bit),Asus maximus formula IX, i7 6700K, G.Skills 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSI GTX 1080 gaming z (8GB),
My Fleet: FF A320U, FF A350, FF B763, FF B757v2 ext, JAR A330, JAR A320, ToLiss A319
Utilities: X-LIFE Deluxe, FMcar, EFASS, XEnviro, X-Camera

Eugene, Can you please add to the base airport, Saudi Arabia Jeddah King Abdulaziz ICAO OEJN

dima_gurec wrote:

Eugene, Can you please add to the base airport, Saudi Arabia Jeddah King Abdulaziz ICAO OEJN

Mostly, we receive user-made taxiroutes files, check/rework it and prepare for publishing. If OEJN will come - we will check/publish it, sure, asap.

Prostoy wrote:

Regards, Eugeny!

I was using X-Life 2.1_b4 couple of days and here my thoughts.

1. General Menu seems too overloaded. I mean such items like map, guide and news aren't very important and maybe  better to put them into submenu.
2. It's wierd that ATC knob doesn't present on Deluxe panel and you, as a "deluxe-user", need to load it over general X-Plane menu.
3. Don't feel comfortable with transparent Flight plan and Settings panels. And is there a way to add an opportunity to move over the cells using TAB button?
4. I use X-Enviro and noticed that information represented on ATIS tab doesn't align (not always, but often) with x-plane metar. I know X-Enviro suggest ala-SDK and maybe it's possible to teach x-life grabbing x-enviro' data. But that's only my wishes...
5. ATC panel is popping-up once you sent FL plan to ATC. And stay such way (occupying a half of monitor screen) untill you execute departure initial radio check. Thats a little annoying.
6. One more thing about ATC panel. Horizontal-oriented panel seems too big for me. Opportunity to change size and proportions will be great.
7. Readback after Delivery was advising you to contact Ground when ready to push and start seems incorrect. It refers to Ground.
8. I faced with permanent traffic jam at Holding short RW26L in EGKK (I believe it's a bug, but suppose the reason is because Pilot Plus' EGKK  isn't  x-life-ready airport). So I was enforced to switch off and restart x-life traffic. Then x-life expect that you send flight plan once again and follow delivery, ground... procedures from the beginning. Is it possible just to reload traffic not affecting to ATC?
9. I see you uploaded beta_5, so maybe it's too late to post my damp files from beta_4, but...

Thanks for log and dump, they are actual. I will use it for debug.

Most of yours points are about interface design. It is very/too simple now. To be clear, next step what X-Plane should/will do - rework SDK to make native widgets compatible with devices like Occulus Rift. No reason to rework our design now, cause will need rework again after we will get 3d-glass compatible widgets API.

Anyway, thank you for your detailed guess.

This topic may help us not lost your opinion in future http://jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3105
You may just post text there, if possible.

JAR wrote:
dima_gurec wrote:

Mostly, we receive user-made taxiroutes files, check/rework it and prepare for publishing. If OEJN will come - we will check/publish it, sure, asap.

In this scenario, OEJN there are taxis route, What do you need to send? Tell me please how to generate 2 file .dat and .txt how do you send? At this airport the traffic is working, but Manager X-Life does not see the airport. he says that no such ICAO OEJN.

Hi Jar,

the real schedule thing is just awesome. Did some flights with 2.1b5 within uk and all the time Air Lingus, Ryanair, Jetfly and Wizzair was primary present on the airports. I have some small requests which would be nice if you could implement:

- When taxi instructions are given by atc phrases like "non, NoN" are not ignored and phrases like "Apron, APRON" are read as "A, P, R, O, N". Its not a big problem but could help to understand the taxi instructions better.
Also i don't think there will be a taxiway called "non".
- It would be nice if ground could give facing instructions for pushback "cleared for pushback facing left/right/north/south/west/east"
- I am also using XEnviro and would be very happy if X-Life could use XEnviro metar information.

I really like the new features of x-life plugin and the way it's getting better.

Devirex wrote:

Hi Jar,

the real schedule thing is just awesome. Did some flights with 2.1b5 within uk and all the time Air Lingus, Ryanair, Jetfly and Wizzair was primary present on the airports. I have some small requests which would be nice if you could implement:

- When taxi instructions are given by atc phrases like "non, NoN" are not ignored and phrases like "Apron, APRON" are read as "A, P, R, O, N". Its not a big problem but could help to understand the taxi instructions better.
Also i don't think there will be a taxiway called "non".
- It would be nice if ground could give facing instructions for pushback "cleared for pushback facing left/right/north/south/west/east"
- I am also using XEnviro and would be very happy if X-Life could use XEnviro metar information.

I really like the new features of x-life plugin and the way it's getting better.

It is unacceptable to use metar information from one specific plugin. For example other simmer are using SkyMaxxPro and RealWeatherConnector so what with them?!  BTW RealWeatherConnector has an option to replace the XP real weather, so you should ask XEnviro to offer the same option.

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

@JARD  I know you guys working hard on code for airports and schedules  but i want to report an issue that st makes it look very UNREALISTIC, everytime  you request push and start it always gets approved by x-life ATC so sometimes when I'm waiting  for  the tow truck to get disconnected to start taxing, airplanes come from behind and don't stop and wait for me to move, they just pass over me, that is soo unrealistic. Thank you.

jagudelo wrote:

@JARD  I know you guys working hard on code for airports and schedules  but i want to report an issue that st makes it look very UNREALISTIC, everytime  you request push and start it always gets approved by x-life ATC so sometimes when I'm waiting  for  the tow truck to get disconnected to start taxing, airplanes come from behind and don't stop and wait for me to move, they just pass over me, that is soo unrealistic. Thank you.

Ok, Understand. I just check my code and fix some in logic. Will include this to next beta.

87 (edited by jagudelo 2017-12-19 14:11:10)

JAR wrote:
jagudelo wrote:

Ok, Understand. I just check my code and fix some in logic. Will include this to next beta.

Thanks a lot  @JARD for taking the time to read and respond. Also thk you to take the time to fix it. I know this question is off topic and if i dont get an answer i will understand. But are you guys planning to work on updates to better the A320 in the near future?

@JAR: Is it possible that instead to confirm ATC only by click, in addition a (second) voice will confirm for example "Roger AA001" (AA001 is the CallSign from the FlightPlan script)?

hi jar
can anyone help me the problem I'm having is in the uk after 00.00 there should hardly be any domestic flights  butt when in xlife latest version I see lots Ryan air easy jet departing and landing eggd my settings  runway operations 2 minutes traffic set all the way right as well as gates any ideas thanks

@JAR:
Latest version of x-life works for me better than early version. It's fine to finally accept my flight plans from FMS and all accepted to ATC. Only one problem still exist when i want fly from arrival airport fly to new one. When I give new plan to x-life, they are accepted, ATIS information for departures airport stay the same from the first flight. I'll try to leave x-life and then load again, but problem still exist. Maybe you can correct this, that when I shut down, x-life is really shut down and close all opened x-life windows, and when I started again load x-life like a first time.
I'll send you files from crashes x-plane when I'll try to flight form arrival airport to new one.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 240.22 kb, 466 downloads since 2017-12-20 

Attachment icon x-life.dmp 182.77 kb, 303 downloads since 2017-12-20 

My setup: Windows 10 (64-bit), Z490 AORUS PRO AX, INTEL i7 10700k, 32GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 2070S 8GB
X-Plane 11.55, X-Plane12RC2, Flight PRO joke, Logitech panels
My Fleet:  JD320-V3.8R1  with copilot, JD330-V4.4B3 with copilot, ZIBO 737-800X,
Utilities: X-LIFE Deluxe verversion 4.30 latest, FMcar latest, GHD ver. latest, X Camera,BSS JAR A320 V4,Better pushback

gussgull wrote:

hi jar
can anyone help me the problem I'm having is in the uk after 00.00 there should hardly be any domestic flights  butt when in xlife latest version I see lots Ryan air easy jet departing and landing eggd my settings  runway operations 2 minutes traffic set all the way right as well as gates any ideas thanks

Fly during daytime...

that's not the answer I was looking for

Hello,

i did give a try to latest 2.1 beta 5 to see real world schedule in action.

If i am not mistaken this should include both real airlines/aircraft on airport (well, depending on available aircraft model and livery from library of course) and also it should include real schedule table, which should be totally independent on traffic settings in Xlife settings menu (amount of traffic and runway operations each x minutes).

1) both arrival and departure aircraft definitely doesn't follow real schedules compared to arrivals and departures i.e. at Flightradar website, totally different times and totally different flights

2) i thought this whole thing is dependent on actual ZULU time, independent on time in sim (if set to real world or to manual) - but traffic is completely different based on which time i manually set in sim

Can someone please explain it, how it should work? Maybe i am mistaken and maybe i am doing something wrong. Is there way how to see if real schedules are really used?

Thanks for any info.

hi jar where is real schedule sources from

gussgull wrote:

hi jar where is real schedule sources from

A several Flight Tracking online providers exist, who offer payware services with online API. We just use one of them.

bujablaster wrote:

Hello,

i did give a try to latest 2.1 beta 5 to see real world schedule in action.

If i am not mistaken this should include both real airlines/aircraft on airport (well, depending on available aircraft model and livery from library of course) and also it should include real schedule table, which should be totally independent on traffic settings in Xlife settings menu (amount of traffic and runway operations each x minutes).

1) both arrival and departure aircraft definitely doesn't follow real schedules compared to arrivals and departures i.e. at Flightradar website, totally different times and totally different flights

2) i thought this whole thing is dependent on actual ZULU time, independent on time in sim (if set to real world or to manual) - but traffic is completely different based on which time i manually set in sim

Can someone please explain it, how it should work? Maybe i am mistaken and maybe i am doing something wrong. Is there way how to see if real schedules are really used?

Thanks for any info.

I am sure, you just forget to read first post here. Please do this for clarification.

gussgull wrote:

hi jar

If flight time interval was set by user (like for current version) - x-life will generate it using this interval.

ilankrt wrote:

@JAR: Is it possible that instead to confirm ATC only by click, in addition a (second) voice will confirm for example "Roger AA001" (AA001 is the CallSign from the FlightPlan script)?

Not possible for current version. Auto "Roger" work with vectoring situation.

Darko24 wrote:

@JAR:
Latest version of x-life works for me better than early version. It's fine to finally accept my flight plans from FMS and all accepted to ATC. Only one problem still exist when i want fly from arrival airport fly to new one. When I give new plan to x-life, they are accepted, ATIS information for departures airport stay the same from the first flight. I'll try to leave x-life and then load again, but problem still exist. Maybe you can correct this, that when I shut down, x-life is really shut down and close all opened x-life windows, and when I started again load x-life like a first time.
I'll send you files from crashes x-plane when I'll try to flight form arrival airport to new one.

Thanks for log and dump. ATIS Update interval is about 30 minutes. I will check.

gronis67 wrote:

Just purchased xlife using it with X-plane 11.10 but everytime I try to use Airport editor X-plane crasch. Is this a known bug and is there a fix? Xlife dont work at any airports I'm flying on sad

tnx

Xlife dont work at any airports I'm flying on?

My friend! May I ask at least one example what airport you just try to edit and what airport you just try flying on !?!?