Re: X-Life ver 2.1 beta 3,4,5,6,7 (add real schedule)

JAR wrote:
frokka wrote:

Beta 4 is crashing the audio engine after some 30-40 minutes.
Seems to happen consistently, have to restart XP to get audio back.

THis info at log:

XL 3D Sound Engine Disable
Clean exit from threads.

NOT mean what sound was crashed, but what sound was exit correct.

No, I exited X-life after audio had crashed.
The message is probably from the exit.
The audio engine stopped in 3 seperate tests.

Windows 10 Home
Asus Radeon RX 580 - 8GB
Apogee Duet

MarkiMarkBln wrote:

The new beta works fantastically with the 'real flight plans' !!! Great Job! But please change the 'AirBerlin' Liverie in Germany by 'Eurowings' and / or 'Easyjet'. wink

Hmm.. Aircraft/Liveries is a main trouble it this project for now. Sure, if we will have 100% aircraft/liveries library, we can see 99% of real traffics at airports. But X-Life traffic is free and may use free libraries like OSX or BlueBell. So, we have it AS IS right now. Making new library is VERY expensive task and money what project get from Deluxe users not enough for this. So.. I dont know how we can solve this. May be in future.. Also, for now, JARDesign should pay for real schedule data requests to data-provider where we get real data online. Next, we pay for server, what accumulate/sort/delivery this data and send it to users to users. Anyway, we have test period what will explain us final project budget using a real time schedule. I hope we will stay in business. Sure, I dont want make basic Traffic plugin payware. I prefer have it freeware.

frokka wrote:
JAR wrote:
frokka wrote:

Beta 4 is crashing the audio engine after some 30-40 minutes.
Seems to happen consistently, have to restart XP to get audio back.

THis info at log:

XL 3D Sound Engine Disable
Clean exit from threads.

NOT mean what sound was crashed, but what sound was exit correct.

No, I exited X-life after audio had crashed.
The message is probably from the exit.
The audio engine stopped in 3 seperate tests.

Be good if we can test in online via skype j.a.romanov

Hi JAR,

CTD while approaching LOWS, flying from LOWI to LOWS.

LOWI SID RTT DCT UNKEN STAR LOWS

iMac i7 4GHz (late 2015) 27" 24 GB, macOS Mojave 10.14.5, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096MB
XPlane 11.34, FM, X-Life, GroundHandling, about 50 payware aircrafts

SirOTheOne wrote:

Hi JAR,

No log.txt?
No .dmp?

56 (edited by ExocetYVR 2017-12-14 05:38:57)

Earlier, another user had reported that flight plans with a direct-to segment ("DCT") were reported to be working with X-Life. I encountered an issue last night which indicates DCT is not always working.

I was trying to fly a route between CYQB to CYOW using the following flight plan:
CYQB SID UDBAM DCT DICEN DCT NOSUT DCT ALIDO STAR CYOW
This is a real-world flight plan pulled from flightaware and was valid for the AIRAC data I have installed (verified by entering the fplan first into the 737-800X FMS as well as validating the route with QSimPlanner). ALIDO is a valid transition waypoint for the LEAMY3 STAR (ALIDO.LEAMY3).

X-Life would not accept any flight plan that contained a DCT segment between these two airports. I tried reducing the flightplan to simply CYQB SID UDBAM DCT ALIDO STAR CYOW but that was also rejected. The only flight plan it would accept is one generated by X-Life which exclusively used airways (and made for a very circuitous routing). I eventually flew the route using the X-Life generated plan successfully.

Thoughts on trouble-shooting:
While both airports have official taxiway data (as shown on the JAR map and on SimLiviries), I had made some small edits to the XLF files using the in-game Airport Editor. My personal edits showed no errors in the Airport Editor. On starting X-Life at CYQB I received the blue text warning that CYQB was not an official airport (or something similar).
Therefore, could it be that direct-to "DCT" flight plan segments are not working if either of the origin or destination airport throws the blue text caution message?

Update:

Did a bit of testing this evening, looks like it may be some issue with CYQB.
I re-downloaded the latest beta (2.1b4) and encountered the same issue with the initially posted route.
However, I was successful in loading a route with a DCT segment by reversing the route from CYOW->CYQB
CYOW SID VERTI DCT YMX STAR CYQB was accepted but a direct reversal of the initial route was not successful.
Log is attached and shows the issue with initiating the route from CYQB and the success from starting at CYOW as well as attempts with completely reversing the route.

Можно не скромный вопрос! Как обновиться до версии X-Life ver 2.1 beta 3,4 ?  купленный у вас

shpion-n wrote:

Можно не скромный вопрос! Как обновиться до версии X-Life ver 2.1 beta 3,4 ?  купленный у вас

В первом посте описано - нужно скачать и заменить .xpl файлы в папке с плагином.

ExocetYVR wrote:

Earlier, another user had reported that flight plans with a direct-to segment ("DCT") were reported to be working with X-Life. I encountered an issue last night which indicates DCT is not always working.

I was trying to fly a route between CYQB to CYOW using the following flight plan:
CYQB SID UDBAM DCT DICEN DCT NOSUT DCT ALIDO STAR CYOW
This is a real-world flight plan pulled from flightaware and was valid for the AIRAC data I have installed (verified by entering the fplan first into the 737-800X FMS as well as validating the route with QSimPlanner). ALIDO is a valid transition waypoint for the LEAMY3 STAR (ALIDO.LEAMY3).

X-Life would not accept any flight plan that contained a DCT segment between these two airports. I tried reducing the flightplan to simply CYQB SID UDBAM DCT ALIDO STAR CYOW but that was also rejected. The only flight plan it would accept is one generated by X-Life which exclusively used airways (and made for a very circuitous routing). I eventually flew the route using the X-Life generated plan successfully.

Thoughts on trouble-shooting:
While both airports have official taxiway data (as shown on the JAR map and on SimLiviries), I had made some small edits to the XLF files using the in-game Airport Editor. My personal edits showed no errors in the Airport Editor. On starting X-Life at CYQB I received the blue text warning that CYQB was not an official airport (or something similar).
Therefore, could it be that direct-to "DCT" flight plan segments are not working if either of the origin or destination airport throws the blue text caution message?

Update:

Did a bit of testing this evening, looks like it may be some issue with CYQB.
I re-downloaded the latest beta (2.1b4) and encountered the same issue with the initially posted route.
However, I was successful in loading a route with a DCT segment by reversing the route from CYOW->CYQB
CYOW SID VERTI DCT YMX STAR CYQB was accepted but a direct reversal of the initial route was not successful.
Log is attached and shows the issue with initiating the route from CYQB and the success from starting at CYOW as well as attempts with completely reversing the route.

In common case - this may be a navdata issue

Usually - there exact info in log about flight plan error reason. As Example, when i trying to use your plan i get this log:

XL: 47 : MessageRed: Flight Plan error: NOSUT DCT ALIDO Segment Error
XL: 47 : MessageRed: Please check what installed NavData cycle is the same for:
XL: 47 : MessageRed: - X-Live Plugin
XL: 47 : MessageRed: - Aircraft FMS
XL: 47 : MessageRed: - Flight Planner
XL: 47 : Flightplan sended to ATC: CYQB SID UDBAM DCT DICEN DCT NOSUT DCT ALIDO STAR CYOW

What is your log messages, please?

@JARD I just tested out the new beta 4 from KRIC to KPHL everything run smooth but when I landed in KPHL exited the highway and reported to the  x-life  ATC  and then requested a follow me car it crashed the whole sim. Thank you

JAR wrote:

Usually - there exact info in log about flight plan error reason. As Example, when i trying to use your plan i get this log:

XL: 47 : Flightplan sended to ATC: CYQB SID UDBAM DCT DICEN DCT NOSUT DCT ALIDO STAR CYOW

As I recall, I received the same error and my logs showed the same (I thought I had uploaded my log last night but apparently it was not successful). At least you are receiving the same error so it's not a one-off issue with my sim or edited XLF file.
It's strange as I was able to get that flight plan to work in the zibo 737 FMS without issue or discontinuities. All of my sim navdata sources are the same AIRAC but maybe there's something weird about the Aerosoft data format X-Life uses in this very specific instance.

Thanks for the replies and troubleshooting.

Sorry

I forgot adding log file

JAR wrote:
SirOTheOne wrote:

Hi JAR,

No log.txt?
No .dmp?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 193.48 kb, 569 downloads since 2017-12-14 

iMac i7 4GHz (late 2015) 27" 24 GB, macOS Mojave 10.14.5, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096MB

Mr. Romanov and Dev Team,

BETA 4 Testing,

1. Excellent Stability - So far Beta 4 very stable. I have run it at KSWF (med size busy Hudson Valley NY airport), KLGA, and KJFK (both with >150  gates, ramps, stands) for up to 4 hours on max density (2x each) with zero crashes.

2. No crashes in 5 flights between these airports and KMGJ or KHPN.

Minor Issues and Questions:

A.  Very good matching of flight#s generated with real world schedules at KSWF for FDX, UPS, SkyWest, JBL. Norwegian Air flight #s not seen. Not seen but found in FlightStats:

Nowegian Air

IATA -D8

ICAO - IBK

Callsign -NORTRANS

NetJets
IATA - 1I

ICAO - EJA

Callsign  -  EXECJET

Executive Jet Management ICAO - EJM

B. Gate Type = Cargo vs Gate

In one of the above photos we see UPS cargo plane at passenger gate while Cargo stands are free. Should Cargo flights always use Cargo Stands or is this not specified in code. Not critical, but reduces realism.

C. Livery Inconsistency for FedEx & UPS. In 2 other photos  see FDX planes displaying DHL and Thai liveries. I have also seen on FDX or UPS other Cargo and non-cargo liveries. I though at first might be no livery for that plane type but verified in BlueBell A306 FDX and UPS liveries exist.

So far Beta4 is great! Thanks again. Will keep testing and send log and dmp for any issues found.

ExocetYVR wrote:
JAR wrote:

As I recall, I received the same error and my logs showed the same (I thought I had uploaded my log last night but apparently it was not successful). At least you are receiving the same error so it's not a one-off issue with my sim or edited XLF file.
It's strange as I was able to get that flight plan to work in the zibo 737 FMS without issue or discontinuities. All of my sim navdata sources are the same AIRAC but maybe there's something weird about the Aerosoft data format X-Life uses in this very specific instance.

Thanks for the replies and troubleshooting.

Ok, Thanks for info. I just find what problem was and just fix it in my code. Will work well with next beta.

SirOTheOne wrote:

Sorry

I forgot adding log file

JAR wrote:
SirOTheOne wrote:

Hi JAR,

No log.txt?
No .dmp?

Get it. Thanks!

jagudelo wrote:

@JARD I just tested out the new beta 4 from KRIC to KPHL everything run smooth but when I landed in KPHL exited the highway and reported to the  x-life  ATC  and then requested a follow me car it crashed the whole sim. Thank you

if this possible - please attach log.txt and xlife.dmp file just after crash - this files will help a lot to find a reason for crash and improve code in this place.

dmitchell12 wrote:

Mr. Romanov and Dev Team,

BETA 4 Testing,

Thanks for all this info.

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/5657/t/p1c1b1d6ja18rjph11gk71hi9di6j.jpg
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/5657/t/p1c1b1d6ja118t196q182i9iq1aidk.jpg
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/5657/t/p1c1b1d6jaaqv1o9814v8fps1r0pl.png
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/5657/t/p1c1b3ee5gk08b1f7en9v9rtk3.png

Photos didn't post. Trying again.

Hi JAR,

CTD while approaching LOWI, flying from LOWS to LOWI

and now traffic on LOWS !!!

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 2.2 mb, 438 downloads since 2017-12-15 

Update .xpl files to beta 5. Some bugs and crash fixed.

Please install mac.xpl and win.xpl files from first post instead of old.

JAR wrote:

Update .xpl files to beta 5. Some bugs and crash fixed.

Please install mac.xpl and win.xpl files from first post instead of old.

Morning works great so far

My setup: Windows 10 (64-bit),Asus maximus formula IX, i7 6700K, G.Skills 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSI GTX 1080 gaming z (8GB),
My Fleet: FF A320U, FF A350, FF B763, FF B757v2 ext, JAR A330, JAR A320, ToLiss A319
Utilities: X-LIFE Deluxe, FMcar, EFASS, XEnviro, X-Camera

72 (edited by Prostoy 2017-12-16 16:26:21)

Regards, Eugeny!

I was using X-Life 2.1_b4 couple of days and here my thoughts.

1. General Menu seems too overloaded. I mean such items like map, guide and news aren't very important and maybe  better to put them into submenu.
2. It's wierd that ATC knob doesn't present on Deluxe panel and you, as a "deluxe-user", need to load it over general X-Plane menu.
3. Don't feel comfortable with transparent Flight plan and Settings panels. And is there a way to add an opportunity to move over the cells using TAB button?
4. I use X-Enviro and noticed that information represented on ATIS tab doesn't align (not always, but often) with x-plane metar. I know X-Enviro suggest ala-SDK and maybe it's possible to teach x-life grabbing x-enviro' data. But that's only my wishes...
5. ATC panel is popping-up once you sent FL plan to ATC. And stay such way (occupying a half of monitor screen) untill you execute departure initial radio check. Thats a little annoying.
6. One more thing about ATC panel. Horizontal-oriented panel seems too big for me. Opportunity to change size and proportions will be great.
7. Readback after Delivery was advising you to contact Ground when ready to push and start seems incorrect. It refers to Ground.
8. I faced with permanent traffic jam at Holding short RW26L in EGKK (I believe it's a bug, but suppose the reason is because Pilot Plus' EGKK  isn't  x-life-ready airport). So I was enforced to switch off and restart x-life traffic. Then x-life expect that you send flight plan once again and follow delivery, ground... procedures from the beginning. Is it possible just to reload traffic not affecting to ATC?
9. I see you uploaded beta_5, so maybe it's too late to post my damp files from beta_4, but...

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 91.42 kb, 439 downloads since 2017-12-16 

Attachment icon x-life.dmp 148 kb, 384 downloads since 2017-12-16 

Beta 5 ran fine KBWI to KEWR however traffic became inactive at KEWR upon arrival no flights departing or arriving shown on the left window display. Noticed that to be an issue with past versions as well. Great improvement with proper liveries at the airports much more realistic. Feature request: Track camera for Xlife AI so you can spot planes in the air and follow their arrivals and departures within the radar range? Thank you JAR

Hey JAR, just wanted to report that the bug I was experiencing on that CYQB-CYOW route with DCT segments is now fixed with 2.1r5. Thanks for the hard work keeping this constantly updated!

Prostoy wrote:

Regards, Eugeny!

I was using X-Life 2.1_b4 couple of days and here my thoughts.

1. General Menu seems too overloaded. I mean such items like map, guide and news aren't very important and maybe  better to put them into submenu.
2. It's wierd that ATC knob doesn't present on Deluxe panel and you, as a "deluxe-user", need to load it over general X-Plane menu.
3. Don't feel comfortable with transparent Flight plan and Settings panels. And is there a way to add an opportunity to move over the cells using TAB button?
4. I use X-Enviro and noticed that information represented on ATIS tab doesn't align (not always, but often) with x-plane metar. I know X-Enviro suggest ala-SDK and maybe it's possible to teach x-life grabbing x-enviro' data. But that's only my wishes...
5. ATC panel is popping-up once you sent FL plan to ATC. And stay such way (occupying a half of monitor screen) untill you execute departure initial radio check. Thats a little annoying.
6. One more thing about ATC panel. Horizontal-oriented panel seems too big for me. Opportunity to change size and proportions will be great.
7. Readback after Delivery was advising you to contact Ground when ready to push and start seems incorrect. It refers to Ground.
8. I faced with permanent traffic jam at Holding short RW26L in EGKK (I believe it's a bug, but suppose the reason is because Pilot Plus' EGKK  isn't  x-life-ready airport). So I was enforced to switch off and restart x-life traffic. Then x-life expect that you send flight plan once again and follow delivery, ground... procedures from the beginning. Is it possible just to reload traffic not affecting to ATC?
9. I see you uploaded beta_5, so maybe it's too late to post my damp files from beta_4, but...

I am thinking seriously that you should appeal not to JAR but to Santa Claus to bring you in his bag a special customised version of X-Life .....

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il