26 (edited by Yoss 2017-04-06 19:14:57)

Re: JD330 Airliner ver 2.0r1 WIN/MAC 64 bit (X-Plane 11)

ilankrt wrote:

Last test flight yesterday XL +3r1  - speedbrakes working (Flight over 300nm)

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/1591/t/p1bd1okscf1q1q3tfolj1hg91s9g5.jpg

300nm?? One hour of flight? That's what I call long haul! smile But anyway, if it was 3000nm, then it's ok. But seriously, do you think this helps ? The issue might be on my side, this can happen, but how should I track down the problem? I receive no ideas, comments, anything where to look, what to check? This issue definitely exists as other simmers also complained about it, perhaps this can be an issue that is caused by plugins, other add-ons, etc. But we cannot solve this without some directions, where to look. And we have also paid for this plane, so we can expect some reasonable support if it does not work the way it should. Don't you agree? I would be the happiest if I should not be complaining about this problem. I just want to fly and enjoy it. That's really the one thing I want and I would be happy to forget about comlaining in forums about any issue. That's it.

Yoss wrote:

300nm?? One hour of flight? That's what I call long haul! smile But anyway, if it was 3000nm, then it's ok..

First of all calm down.

Nobody is attacking you and we also believe that there is a big big problem or BUG concerning the A320/A330 speedbrakes (SB)  It happened often during descent and after landing that the speedbrakes don't work at all, leading to critical situation.

On my last test flight today, I tested the SB during flight and they didn't deploy ! Beginning my descend early (+10 nm) with reduced speed (280 kt) and sidewind  a n d aircraft speed went up to 320 kt rapidly. That shouldn't be, that isn't like in real.   I had to level off and make a turn at 10000 ft to reduce speed to 220 kt and then capture route for final descent. At least I landed without SB deployed (in fact I didn't need it but....).

Facit: once SP deploy and another time not. This is not the way we want to fly !!!!!!!!

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

Hi,

First of all I would like to say hello. Recently bought this plane and I find some error(?):

Due to gust winds I needed to go around and reengage auto-throttle. I've set up throttle position to CL and pushed A/THR button. Unfortunatelly it did not went to designated speed. I've tried it few other times and this error is repeative.

I've also noticed that despite AP1 on + A/THR on + heading knob pulled plane does not follow designated heading.

Is this some kind of error? It seems AP and A/THR has difficulties to reengage full funcitionality when turned off and then on in flight.

Please be so kind to help.

Yoss wrote:
ilankrt wrote:

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/1591/t/p1bd1okscf1q1q3tfolj1hg91s9g5.jpg

300nm?? One hour of flight? That's what I call long haul! smile But anyway, if it was 3000nm, then it's ok. But seriously, do you think this helps ? The issue might be on my side, this can happen, but how should I track down the problem? I receive no ideas, comments, anything where to look, what to check? This issue definitely exists as other simmers also complained about it, perhaps this can be an issue that is caused by plugins, other add-ons, etc. But we cannot solve this without some directions, where to look. And we have also paid for this plane, so we can expect some reasonable support if it does not work the way it should. Don't you agree? I would be the happiest if I should not be complaining about this problem. I just want to fly and enjoy it. That's really the one thing I want and I would be happy to forget about comlaining in forums about any issue. That's it.

@Yoss, please post your log.txt, otherwise, how could anyone help without knowing the minimum of what's happening on your rig?

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

First test flight....very nice performance, better framerates than previous version...speedbrakes work fine, all systems were good.

One thing I noticed and will test again today....wind was 12 knots from the left...on ILS capture, the aircraft started moving the nose left and right constantly...was almost making me motion sick....on external view I could see the rudder moving full left and full right constantly. I disengaged the autopilot to fly manually but the rudder continued to move left and right so the yawing was non stop until I touched down.

ilankrt wrote:
Yoss wrote:

300nm?? One hour of flight? That's what I call long haul! smile But anyway, if it was 3000nm, then it's ok..

First of all calm down.

Nobody is attacking you and we also believe that there is a big big problem or BUG concerning the A320/A330 speedbrakes (SB)  It happened often during descent and after landing that the speedbrakes don't work at all, leading to critical situation.

On my last test flight today, I tested the SB during flight and they didn't deploy ! Beginning my descend early (+10 nm) with reduced speed (280 kt) and sidewind  a n d aircraft speed went up to 320 kt rapidly. That shouldn't be, that isn't like in real.   I had to level off and make a turn at 10000 ft to reduce speed to 220 kt and then capture route for final descent. At least I landed without SB deployed (in fact I didn't need it but....).

Do you have any SASL errors in your log?
Facit: once SP deploy and another time not. This is not the way we want to fly !!!!!!!!

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

Wr269 wrote:

First test flight....very nice performance, better framerates than previous version...speedbrakes work fine, all systems were good.

One thing I noticed and will test again today....wind was 12 knots from the left...on ILS capture, the aircraft started moving the nose left and right constantly...was almost making me motion sick....on external view I could see the rudder moving full left and full right constantly. I disengaged the autopilot to fly manually but the rudder continued to move left and right so the yawing was non stop until I touched down.

That's not entirely unrealistic. I have experienced that in RL but if you want to get rid of it, turn off Camera Shake in the FMGS menu

hey guys im doing a flight from YSSY-PHNL and I am on descenet I put my speedbreak lever down but the outside I see no spoilers deployed hmm

ilankrt wrote:

First of all calm down.

I don't need to calm down as I am not nervous nor angry. I just feel a bit disappointed as I have bought 3 Airbuses (A320neo, A330 from JAR and A350 from FF) and none of them works the way they should. As for a320neo, I have not tested the new release yet, so it might be ok. In case of A350 I knew it has serious issue with FMC but I wanted to help a friend who was struggling with it, but that's another story. So, I just don't t undertand this behavior when someone is complaining about an issue and then others come and say their plane works ok. I have no doubt theirs work ok but that won't solve my and others issue.

35 (edited by Yoss 2017-04-07 09:32:43)

I am currently flying from EDDM to KLAX. After the first 1000nm, speedbrakes don't work. Log.txt attached.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 595.68 kb, 323 downloads since 2017-04-07 

Yoss wrote:
ilankrt wrote:

First of all calm down.

I don't need to calm down as I am not nervous nor angry. I just feel a bit disappointed as I have bought 3 Airbuses (A320neo, A330 from JAR and A350 from FF) and none of them works the way they should. As for a320neo, I have not tested the new release yet, so it might be ok. In case of A350 I knew it has serious issue with FMC but I wanted to help a friend who was struggling with it, but that's another story. So, I just don't t undertand this behavior when someone is complaining about an issue and then others come and say their plane works ok. I have no doubt theirs work ok but that won't solve my and others issue.

I can talk only for myself. Look at my profile (text in gray underneath), you and especially JAR can recognize if problems occurred by some user occurs (or not) are connected to a special hard and software configuration. This is a crucial information for developers!

Unfortunately some guys are posting only occurrences without any further detail. That is good for the garbage can !!

Generally spoken, we all are in the same boat. You are right, the models have yet some failures and bugs. The good news are that JAR is working on it constantly ! (the bad news are that FF Group is doing nothing ...). To your knowledge, under XP10.51 the corresponding JAR models at least are flying perfectly and this also after a long way of trial and error...

X-Plane 11.30r3 | iMac27 OSX Mojave 14.10.4, | Samsung ultra-wide screen 49-inch | Saitek equipment | MFG pedals |Gladiator Joystick | Plugins: GndHandling, RWC, SMP, SoundM, X-Life, BetterPushback, AutoGate, SoundMaxx, X-ATC-chatter, X-Camera | iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, Epic1000 new, TBM900  http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il

laohu314 wrote:
Wr269 wrote:

That's not entirely unrealistic. I have experienced that in RL but if you want to get rid of it, turn off Camera Shake in the FMGS menu

Seriously?  Wind is only 12 knots from 20 degrees off my nose....rudder is flapping wilddly left and right...and the solution is to turn off headshake? Well, it made no difference...and no, that is not realistic.

Yevgeny, can I make a suggestion?  Every time I have flown over an area where I forgot to put scenery or there is an issue with scenery, the A330 goes straight to Cold and Dark so the flight is basically over...is there a way to have the aircraft simply continue?

Hi !

ilankrt wrote:

can talk only for myself. Look at my profile (text in gray underneath), you and especially JAR can recognize if problems occurred by some user occurs (or not) are connected to a special hard and software configuration. This is a crucial information for developers!

Well, I'm very sorry, it's not. It could be a hint in some very rare cases (in your case: 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, but what does it mean ?? Is the RAM overclocked, and if yes, is ist stable ?? Or is it unstable even if not overclocked ?? nobody knows...) but in most cases
there is not much information you can get.

Same with the logs. There could be some hints in the logs regarding to wrong usage of a function, but that's it. There is nearly no information for debugging purposes inside.

What would for the first step help to get a better view inside some problems is a xplane dataref recorder and player which is able to log all datarefs from xp and the A320/A330 every frame.

This would open a wider view inside some internals of the plane and you (well, not exactly you but JAR)  would be able to see
some of the problems.

Unfortunatelly, a dataref recorder/player does not exist a at the moment......think about it.

best regards,

Wr269 wrote:

I have the same problem with that "dutch roll" on landing with light medium winds. This is the show stopper for otherwise great airplane

thomas_99 wrote:

Hi !

ilankrt wrote:

can talk only for myself. Look at my profile (text in gray underneath), you and especially JAR can recognize if problems occurred by some user occurs (or not) are connected to a special hard and software configuration. This is a crucial information for developers!

Well, I'm very sorry, it's not. It could be a hint in some very rare cases

I am not going to open a philosophic dispute, but I'll give you Two simple examples. Someone described on this thread a certain  SASL problem simulating under WIN10. On my iMac I'll never be able to reproduce same situation because of different operating system. We Mac user had a specific problem with XP that resulted through change from OSX El Capitan to Sierra. If someone would present this problem without further information, he will never get the solution that we find out.... Think about ....

BTW how do you know if you are reading a declared bug that it concern the latest r1 version? Maybe someone stuck in b8.....

sdflyer2003 wrote:
Wr269 wrote:

I have the same problem with that "dutch roll" on landing with light medium winds. This is the show stopper for otherwise great airplane

Hint: Have you disabled on camera movement on MCDU ?

ilankrt wrote:

I can talk only for myself. Look at my profile (text in gray underneath), you and especially JAR can recognize if problems occurred by some user occurs (or not) are connected to a special hard and software configuration. This is a crucial information for developers!

Unfortunately some guys are posting only occurrences without any further detail. That is good for the garbage can !!

Generally spoken, we all are in the same boat. You are right, the models have yet some failures and bugs. The good news are that JAR is working on it constantly ! (the bad news are that FF Group is doing nothing ...). To your knowledge, under XP10.51 the corresponding JAR models at least are flying perfectly and this also after a long way of trial and error...

My hardware config is included in the log.txt, but it is: Win10, i7-7700, 32Gb RAM, Zotac GTX1080, XPlane 11 r1, A330 is up to date, V2.0R1. All on an 1TB Samsung Pro SSD. I doubt if the hardware would cause any of my issues.
In the meantime I purged all the plugins I don't use often, assuming they might cause some disturbance in the force smile

I found another issue, but this is not so important. On the FMC page PROG, I cannot set up any higher than FL390 it comes back with an error msg saying FL390 is the max, but if I set FL400 on the INIT page, it accepts and also PROG page shows FL400.

In middle of my first flight with the XP11 A330.  First thing I noticed is the higher quality of the textures compared to the A320.  Secondly, it's far more frame rate friendly.  With my struggling GPU, I get around 25 FPS in the cockpit of the A320 with medium settings.  I'm getting 35 FPS in the A330 with better looking textures.  Can we have the A320 updated according?

I'd also like to see the knobs in the A330 updated so we can use the mouse wheel as with the A320.

Very nice job guys!

Concerning the speedbrakes I am now trying if they will work during descent:

www.twitch.tv/ilankrt

ilankrt wrote:
sdflyer2003 wrote:
Wr269 wrote:

Hint: Have you disabled on camera movement on MCDU ?

I hope that after 20+ years of flight simming, 15 real world flying and 5 years of flight instructing I would recognize difference between camera movement and actual "dutch roll" like effect during landing

47 (edited by Acei 2017-04-07 19:58:46)

Also see a problem with cockpit night textures - instruments very dark and turned up to full brightness.

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/683/t/p1bd4vu0cu2egeue1dpm18q517jp3.png

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/683/t/p1bd4vu2t11ck31jf51qe82aj12qa.png

Had the same issue that i've faced before in Beta version.

Durring the flight from LCLK to HEBA , After passing RASDA intersection and start the descend as per the TOD mark.

suddenly Found my self on ground in a remote airport not even in the same area, i think airport is E46

attached Log.txt for analysis

This is 2nd time to happen

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 226.1 kb, 276 downloads since 2017-04-07 

Wr269 wrote:

Yevgeny, can I make a suggestion?  Every time I have flown over an area where I forgot to put scenery or there is an issue with scenery, the A330 goes straight to Cold and Dark so the flight is basically over...is there a way to have the aircraft simply continue?

same thing happen here , flying from LCLK to HEBA , suddenly found my self on ground cold an dark , i am not sure if it is the scenery issue or something else

obadvw wrote:
Wr269 wrote:

same thing happen here , flying from LCLK to HEBA , suddenly found my self on ground cold an dark , i am not sure if it is the scenery issue or something else

This happened with me as well, but only once, thanks god smile Just after I started to descend to NZAA, I found myself in Arizona desert, stopped and the co-pilot complaining that next time I should land better smile