Topic: Full flight from Copenhagen EKCH to Aarhus EKAH A320 2.6r2 small issue

Hi,

Just want to share my experience with the A320 2.6r2 version. I have some issues with the baro settings (in this video I actually sat it to standard 2992 to make it as accurate as possible). When I set the baro on final to the arrival airport baro value (taken from the metar display in the cockpit), it has difficulty to calculate the actual height displayed on the panel.

Another thing is that I always get dogs barking when starting the second engine. I can't understand why!

Third is that I have trouble to understand when to switch off the APU before takeoff (in this flight I actually kept it on).

But this video also show a beautiful flight with no big issues. It is great and funny to finally getting it all to work.

Link to video: https://youtu.be/FYPdM6QtRIA

Re: Full flight from Copenhagen EKCH to Aarhus EKAH A320 2.6r2 small issue

I don't understand what issue you're having with the baro setting.

The 'dogs barking' is the Power Transfer Unit transferring hydraulic power to other systems when the engines are starting. It's a signature sound of Airbus aircraft.

The APU is used to generate electrical power when there's no ground power or engines running. It is also used to create a bleed air supply to both ventilate the cabin and start the engines. Depends on airline specific procedures but generally is stopped after engine start and started again after landing.

It would serve you to do a bit of research on this aircraft as it will help you a great deal in operating it. I agree, great fun to fly and you won't stop learning how to fly it even after 100 hours.

Thanks for the answer, it you see the video, you will discover that I have come a long way.

The baro settings could just be me not understanding fully.

The dog barking - thanks for the explanation.

The APU - I understand fully what it is - just try to figure out when its time to switch it off.

I actually agree with you - there is lots to learn.

That's the fun, progressing and learning!

I didn't see anything wrong with the baro in the video to be honest.

The APU can be switched off after engine start. Although the built in checklist says to keep it on you don't need to. Basically once electrical power and bleed air is established from the engines there's no need to keep it running. Technically you could leave it on to supply bleed air for takeoff to gain maximum power from the engines then switch it off during the climb.

I will try to do a short video about the baro issue at a later time.

Thanks for the explanation about the APU switch off procedure - it makes sense!

6 (edited by Debbie 2018-11-08 14:50:14)

locvirtual wrote:

I don't understand what issue you're having with the baro setting.

The 'dogs barking' is the Power Transfer Unit transferring hydraulic power to other systems when the engines are starting. It's a signature sound of Airbus aircraft.

The APU is used to generate electrical power when there's no ground power or engines running. It is also used to create a bleed air supply to both ventilate the cabin and start the engines. Depends on airline specific procedures but generally is stopped after engine start and started again after landing.

It would serve you to do a bit of research on this aircraft as it will help you a great deal in operating it. I agree, great fun to fly and you won't stop learning how to fly it even after 100 hours.

Hi,
You know I also didn`t get that and I totally agree with you here here ::P)

the desert treasure
 here