Re: X-Life public beta-6, 7, 8, 9 (Win & Mac)

How can I get the aircraft to show up on the ND?

Thanks

First: Looks  great!

But: Sadly it crashes my X-Plane when starting my Chopper/plane.
Log looks a bit strange in the end, but I can't handle it.

Second: Why real weather is neccessary for the plugin? I use FSrealWX and it is not possible to start the X-Life with running FSreal. Is there a special reason?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 73.36 kb, 432 downloads since 2016-02-18 

53 (edited by captbullett 2016-02-19 03:46:43)

Good day,
you need the 'Real Weather' so, the ATIS is accurate and the QNH is set to the right setting for the time and date at said airport you are at.
Good question though now on to the CTD,
This error message is causing the X-Plane app to have issues please contact X-Plane support. ///

ERROR: language file line 'www.X-Plane.com for tech support contact info!==== Besuchen Sie bei Problemen www.X-Plane.com!' does not have the same leading spaces.

Your friend,
captbullett

FishDoc wrote:

Second: Why real weather is neccessary for the plugin? I use FSrealWX and it is not possible to start the X-Life with running FSreal. Is there a special reason?

dadez77 wrote:

Just complete my flight from Zurich to Heathrow, this is my problem:
-The delivery give me the clearence say "autorized to Zurich" (and not Heatrow)
-All ok for taxy, hold and short, line up ad take off-
-After take off The approach give me the first step for 9000ft and after to climb to fl370 (my cruise altitude), from that moment I not have received any other instructions, i'm arrived to the gate at EGLL in abolute silence from ATC

In the radar I could see the planes in flight but arrived at the airport EGLL was desert. The traffic was on

Attach the log, i hope could be helpful

Ye I see

> ATC: BAW2121, ZURICH Delivery, Cleared to ZURICH, Runway 32, via  departure,
> ATC: Initial Altitude 9000 feet, Squawk 1534

but what flightplan was sended to ATC?

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

devan.sauerbrey wrote:

Thanks

1. Your aircraft should have this option (show standart x-plane AI aircrafts)
2. You should have TCAS On at your aircraft

newmind wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
seraphim wrote:

Hi, will the tug master can also call by x-life later?

Is this really need? cause I can..

Oh great idea...would be much appreciate!

I think if the x-life can control the tow follow apt.dat to push back automatically will be great.

57 (edited by FishDoc 2016-02-19 09:43:06)

I understand, that, but why is it impossible to read this directly out of the sim? So it "should" work with other weatherengines, doesn't it? Or is this just programmers-stuff, I simply don't understand? big_smile For me, it sounds easy, so please don't get me wrong! wink

So you don't have an idea what causes the crashes? I tried, and it only appears with X-Life on. What about the performance? Does X-Life need much CPU/RAM? So it could lead to overflow and crash?

Edit: I just testet, runs absolutly stable, used about half an hour to feed the A-330 with Flightplan, and 1-2 seconds after take-off--> crash...

captbullett wrote:

Good day,
you need the 'Real Weather' so, the ATIS is accurate and the QNH is set to the right setting for the time and date at said airport you are at.
This error message is causing the X-Plane app to have issues please contact X-Plane support. ///

ERROR: language file line 'www.X-Plane.com for tech support contact info!==== Besuchen Sie bei Problemen www.X-Plane.com!' does not have the same leading spaces.

Your friend,
captbullett

FishDoc wrote:

FishDoc wrote:

I understand, that, but why is it impossible to read this directly out of the sim? So it "should" work with other weatherengines, doesn't it? Or is this just programmers-stuff, I simply don't understand? big_smile For me, it sounds easy, so please don't get me wrong! wink

So you don't have an idea what causes the crashes? I tried, and it only appears with X-Life on. What about the performance? Does X-Life need much CPU/RAM? So it could lead to overflow and crash?

captbullett wrote:

Good day,

Your friend,
captbullett

FishDoc wrote:

Not easy. X-Plane SDK not have function allow to read weather from any place of the world, only possible - get weather from current position. All weather engines not allow to read this too. Only way - read WEATHER.wxr file content to know weather at arrival airport. In this case metar and weather will be equal.

Just done a functions to avoid Wrong report of reaching holding short when some aircrafts stay infront of you and you are not really reach HS but just stay in stack.

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/22/t/p1absenlmfeqie0blae1l4q7dt3.jpg

FishDoc wrote:

Edit: I just testet, runs absolutly stable, used about half an hour to feed the A-330 with Flightplan, and 1-2 seconds after take-off--> crash...

I reported this crash 1-2 seconds after take-off yesterday. Interesting that someone else has it because it should make it easy to isolate. Happens 100% of flights for me, but I'll do more testing tonight, removing other plug-ins, trying different planes etc.

J.A.Romanov wrote:
dadez77 wrote:

Just complete my flight from Zurich to Heathrow, this is my problem:
-The delivery give me the clearence say "autorized to Zurich" (and not Heatrow)
-All ok for taxy, hold and short, line up ad take off-
-After take off The approach give me the first step for 9000ft and after to climb to fl370 (my cruise altitude), from that moment I not have received any other instructions, i'm arrived to the gate at EGLL in abolute silence from ATC

In the radar I could see the planes in flight but arrived at the airport EGLL was desert. The traffic was on

Attach the log, i hope could be helpful

Ye I see

> ATC: BAW2121, ZURICH Delivery, Cleared to ZURICH, Runway 32, via  departure,
> ATC: Initial Altitude 9000 feet, Squawk 1534

but what flightplan was sended to ATC?

I've send FP from FMC, the same build for a320, i've generated with EFASS getting it from simbrief

J.A.Romanov wrote:

Not easy. X-Plane SDK not have function allow to read weather from any place of the world, only possible - get weather from current position. All weather engines not allow to read this too. Only way - read WEATHER.wxr file content to know weather at arrival airport. In this case metar and weather will be equal.

I can't say about all weather engines, but XP NOAA Weather when receiving weather from servers also overrides metar.wrx. So you can enable that weather engine usage in X-Life and keep getting weather from metar.wrx.

Weather received from XP NOAA Weather correctly displayed on weather displays (up from MCDU) on both A320 and A330 for departure and arrival airports.

Wangenheim wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:

I can't say about all weather engines, but XP NOAA Weather when receiving weather from servers also overrides metar.wrx. So you can enable that weather engine usage in X-Life and keep getting weather from metar.wrx.

Weather received from XP NOAA Weather correctly displayed on weather displays (up from MCDU) on both A320 and A330 for departure and arrival airports.

NOAA case - yes, possible. A concept - will see how X-Life will popular. If yes, i thing no problem will be to make all this plugins compatible with it.

J.A.Romanov wrote:

NOAA case - yes, possible. A concept - will see how X-Life will popular. If yes, i thing no problem will be to make all this plugins compatible with it.

Great

For next version i plan to make X-Life work well independence of weather engine. Should work with any. I just change source where I read metar data and read it direct from web. Also, I add decoded metar info to ATIS panel like at screenshot.

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/22/t/p1abt9qsk218iesjoo8645d1n7u3.jpg

Good news..thanks for all

Hi,

other attempt with flight from EGLL to EDDT, same problem, approach give me my final altitude and stop comunications, if i click in last down icon on menu x-life say that i need turn traffic on before...

in attach log.

thanks

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 130.29 kb, 383 downloads since 2016-02-19 

J.A.Romanov wrote:
devan.sauerbrey wrote:

Thanks

Is this an option through X-life or through xplane? In your tutorial video there is an x life setting that allows the xlife aircraft to be shown on tcas. I was flying the a330 and couldnt get them to show up.

dadez77 wrote:

Hi,

other attempt with flight from EGLL to EDDT, same problem, approach give me my final altitude and stop comunications, if i click in last down icon on menu x-life say that i need turn traffic on before...

in attach log.

thanks

Last words was

> ATC: BAW2121, Climb to FL 35000
> Pilot: Climbing to FL35000, BAW2121

Yes it stop, while you are nor report TOD

devan.sauerbrey wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
devan.sauerbrey wrote:

Thanks

Is this an option through X-life or through xplane? In your tutorial video there is an x life setting that allows the xlife aircraft to be shown on tcas. I was flying the a330 and couldnt get them to show up.

You should use TCAS panel to turn TCAS on, no more need. Also, please be sure what you have hotfix 1 installed
http://jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=9294#p9294

J.A.Romanov wrote:
dadez77 wrote:

Hi,

in attach log.

thanks

Last words was

Can i make some particolar test for help you?

Good day,
Yes, this is what I said I do not know why you did not understand what I posted unless you did not read it right, slow down when reading.

Now you are CTD because, of another issue that issue is what I posted after here it is again ;

Since, I only want you to get the issue resolved, the error is telling you to contact X-Plane for support for a header issue this is above my pay grade and you must contact XP.
Your friend,
captbullett

FishDoc wrote:

captbullett wrote:

Good day,

Your friend,
captbullett

FishDoc wrote:

dadez77 wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:
dadez77 wrote:

Hi,

in attach log.

thanks

Last words was

Can i make some particolar test for help you?

You should just contact Center when close TOD and report TOD. Will be Ok.

Hi !

One question:

Regarding to the original ATC from x-plane, there sometimes is a message

"JAR123, you are off course"

Is this plannes for x-life ?

At the moment the last message is "Climb to FLxxx" and that's it until I report "TOD".
So if the flightplan is "EDDL-EDDH" I can go to EDDM without any interference from ATC.
There are no more messages like "You are too low, you are off course,...."

Is a kind of course monitoring from X-life planned with ATC orders like
"you are off course, go heading 080" ... ?

best regards,

yes, for future