76

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

jaborandy wrote:

HI... ITS ME AGAIN... IM TRYING IT RIGHT NOW.. BUT IT HAS BEEN 3 MN ALREADY AND NO ANSWER FROM THE AIRPLANES... WHAT VERSION OF THE X-LIFE U ARE USING?

10.45 have you selected all the gates and wingspan categories in the Gate Editor and click save at the bottom? Turn off the traffic and turn it back on again. Make sure the traffic sliders are set to half way.  It worked no problem for me.

77 (edited by cmckjodi 2016-05-06 00:37:46)

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

cmckjodi wrote:
jaborandy wrote:

HI... ITS ME AGAIN... IM TRYING IT RIGHT NOW.. BUT IT HAS BEEN 3 MN ALREADY AND NO ANSWER FROM THE AIRPLANES... WHAT VERSION OF THE X-LIFE U ARE USING?

10.45 have you selected all the gates and wingspan categories in the Gate Editor and click save at the bottom? Turn off the traffic and turn it back on again. Make sure the gate activity slider is set to half way you can set the traffic density slider to 100.  It worked no problem for me.

X Life version 4b the newest one.

78

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

that was the problem man... I did the update right now... and it worked like a charm... anyway.. it had issues and I would like to thank you once again. I am glad there still people like you around willing to help the others... count with me if u need anything... thanks again.

79

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

jaborandy wrote:

that was the problem man... I did the update right now... and it worked like a charm... anyway.. it had issues and I would like to thank you once again. I am glad there still people like you around willing to help the others... count with me if u need anything... thanks again.

So glad to hear! I guess that should have been the first question I should have asked, but that's good to know. I'm new to X-Life for about a month now. I was using World Traffic but like X-Life better so far and I think it will keep improving. They have a good team here at JAR. Add some more gates to SSBR I liked airport. The planes will not run into each other you don't have to worry about one way taxi lines. I find it's better not to use them, but you can for certain parking situations just not for runway exits. Does the ATC panel work now? Enjoy some flights around Brazil! Glad I could help, cmck

80

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

ATC, AND TRAFFIC WORKING REALLY WELL.. IT WILL NEED SOME ADJUSTMENTS.. AS SOON AS I FINISH SOME OF THE MOST IMPORTANT AIRPORTS IN BRAZIL I LL ADD TO THE FORUM .. THANKS... IT WILL BE NICE TO HAVE U FLYING AROUND HERE big_smile... thanks..

81

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

Hello,

at this moment i create for the EDDG Airport the ATC Taxi Lines. The most
things works fine, but

I have some questions.

Question 1./ Take a look at the following screenshot.
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/22/t/p … 0137g3.jpg

Its from post #2 the order :
.Place "aircraft" symbol (parking position) where Nose of aircraft should be.
Use "doubleway" taxiline for taxi In-pushOut stands/Gates

I am not sure, what this sentences means now. Do i need a park position for
14R and 14L or not? I think, i need only 1 park position for alle 3 park positions.
Correct?


Question 2./
Take a look at the attachment #1. I am not sure, which letters i should set for some taxiways.
And which letter/character i should take for a gate or ramp?

Question 3./
At have 7 parking slots at the General Aviation area. But the planes there dont
start. Only if an aircraft land, it will park there. In some rarly exception, there
start a C172. Do prefer the x-life plugin only big aircrafts?

Question 4./ At the EDDG airport, i have only 4 active aircrafts at all time. The
airport EDDH has 6. How i can control this number?

Thanks for some answers.

Regards,

Post's attachments

Attachment icon letter_xlife.jpg 340.08 kb, 50 downloads since 2016-05-15 

Attachment icon xlife_2.jpg 283.52 kb, 29 downloads since 2016-05-15 

82

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

1. Park position will work with all runways.

2. End of B in the place where it cross C. I think you need find a better charts. Also, you should check where airport signs placed, cause a lot of users not use FMCar, but prefer look at airport signs.

3. Need to see picture at WED of this place to understand what wrong

4. Depend of active independent runways.

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

83 (edited by marvel_master 2016-05-20 13:55:40)

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

Hello,

i have some questions for a new ATC taxiroute apt file

I want to create EDDW.dat for x-life.

I used this chart.
http://nav.vatsim-germany.org/files/edw … DW_GND.pdf

You see there a pocket turn at 09 and 27 and i implemented it like the following description
http://jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1670

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/22/t/p … k1pcfj.jpg

My problem is the following.

Question 1./
All aircrafts type from a cessna 172 to B747 or A380 use now this
pocket. For a A380 its okay, because the runway is to short for this
aircraft. But a Cessna could start without the pocket.

Is there a logic implemented inside x-life, which consider this fact?
If yes, what do i wrong? If no, i would delete this pocket because small
aircraft should not use it.

You can finde the WED File at attachment, if you want to take a look.

Question 2./
The holding point for runway 09 is not directly at the runway. I need 3
extra nodes. I think, i have read an information in the past, that these
3 nodes have to be declared as runway at the taxiway. I tried this, but it did not work.
Check the WED File in the attachment.

What do i wrong?

Regards,

Post's attachments

Attachment icon earth.wed.zip 66.81 kb, 84 downloads since 2016-05-20 

Attachment icon pocket_taxi_way.jpg 25.45 kb, 43 downloads since 2016-05-20 

84 (edited by Jefeon 2016-06-01 15:53:40)

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

How do I save/export .dsf files?

Also when I export scenery pack nothing happens...

85 (edited by laohu314 2016-06-01 16:34:18)

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

Jefeon wrote:

How do I save/export .dsf files?

Also when I export scenery pack nothing happens...



Not really a question for this forum but:

I am assuming you use WED, and WED does not comment after exporting scenery or airports, however,
when you look at your scenery folder after exporting a scenery from WED you will see that the modified date and time of the .dsf and apt.dat file are just a bit before the time you looked (i.e. the exact time you exported the scenery). If that is not the case then the scenery was not exported.
If you just want to export the .dsf and not the apt.dat file then delete the apt.dat file, export the scenery and then press Cmd-z on MAC or Ctrl-z on a Windows machine to reverse the deletion of the airport.

iMac Retina 5K 27” (2015), Core i7 4GHz, OSX 10.13.2, 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52,  Saitek TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi Panel, ThrustMaster Cougar MFD,  XP 11.10, A320v3.2r1, A330v2.2rc1, XL v2.1b4, FM v2.6r1, GndHdg v200317, SMP4.5, RWCv1.1, FlyWithLua v2.6.5, 3jFPS-wizard, PythonInterface v2.73.06, NOAA Weather v2.4.1, XSaitekpanels v2.70, Xchecklist v1.28

86

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

laohu314 wrote:
Jefeon wrote:

How do I save/export .dsf files?

Also when I export scenery pack nothing happens...



Not really a question for this forum but:

I am assuming you use WED, and WED does not comment after exporting scenery or airports, however,
when you look at your scenery folder after exporting a scenery from WED you will see that the modified date and time of the .dsf and apt.dat file are just a bit before the time you looked (i.e. the exact time you exported the scenery). If that is not the case then the scenery was not exported.
If you just want to export the .dsf and not the apt.dat file then delete the apt.dat file, export the scenery and then press Cmd-z on MAC or Ctrl-z on a Windows machine to reverse the deletion of the airport.

It seems I had to change both dsf files, there's a .bak one which was also reflecting in-game.
But thanks!

Now I have another problem relating to routes... my new .dat file (where I made the routes and gates) is not taken into account only the apt.dat is, they're both in Earth nav data folder.

87

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

Jefeon wrote:
laohu314 wrote:
Jefeon wrote:

How do I save/export .dsf files?

Also when I export scenery pack nothing happens...



Not really a question for this forum but:

I am assuming you use WED, and WED does not comment after exporting scenery or airports, however,
when you look at your scenery folder after exporting a scenery from WED you will see that the modified date and time of the .dsf and apt.dat file are just a bit before the time you looked (i.e. the exact time you exported the scenery). If that is not the case then the scenery was not exported.
If you just want to export the .dsf and not the apt.dat file then delete the apt.dat file, export the scenery and then press Cmd-z on MAC or Ctrl-z on a Windows machine to reverse the deletion of the airport.

It seems I had to change both dsf files, there's a .bak one which was also reflecting in-game.
But thanks!

Now I have another problem relating to routes... my new .dat file (where I made the routes and gates) is not taken into account only the apt.dat is, they're both in Earth nav data folder.



The .dat file needs to be named XXXX.dat where XXXX is the ICAO of the airport and it needs to be exported to the ".../Resources/plugins/XLife/Airports/"  folder

iMac Retina 5K 27” (2015), Core i7 4GHz, OSX 10.13.2, 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52,  Saitek TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi Panel, ThrustMaster Cougar MFD,  XP 11.10, A320v3.2r1, A330v2.2rc1, XL v2.1b4, FM v2.6r1, GndHdg v200317, SMP4.5, RWCv1.1, FlyWithLua v2.6.5, 3jFPS-wizard, PythonInterface v2.73.06, NOAA Weather v2.4.1, XSaitekpanels v2.70, Xchecklist v1.28

88 (edited by Jefeon 2016-06-03 03:08:43)

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

laohu314 wrote:
Jefeon wrote:
laohu314 wrote:


Not really a question for this forum but:

I am assuming you use WED, and WED does not comment after exporting scenery or airports, however,
when you look at your scenery folder after exporting a scenery from WED you will see that the modified date and time of the .dsf and apt.dat file are just a bit before the time you looked (i.e. the exact time you exported the scenery). If that is not the case then the scenery was not exported.
If you just want to export the .dsf and not the apt.dat file then delete the apt.dat file, export the scenery and then press Cmd-z on MAC or Ctrl-z on a Windows machine to reverse the deletion of the airport.

It seems I had to change both dsf files, there's a .bak one which was also reflecting in-game.
But thanks!

Now I have another problem relating to routes... my new .dat file (where I made the routes and gates) is not taken into account only the apt.dat is, they're both in Earth nav data folder.



The .dat file needs to be named XXXX.dat where XXXX is the ICAO of the airport and it needs to be exported to the ".../Resources/plugins/XLife/Airports/"  folder

Oh my bad!
Well I'm glad it's working now, AI traffic taxi, land and takeoff!
I'll make some adjustments and upload it tonight or tomorrow so you guys can test it, thanks laohu314!

EDIT: After watching traffic for a few minutes I saw a small issue, I uploaded an image.

The red X is where the traffic stops at the holding point and takes about 5 minutes to keep going even though there's no plane landing on this runway but on the other one which has nothing to do with this taxiway.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon wed_taxistop.png 699.19 kb, 52 downloads since 2016-06-01 

89

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

I bought a X-Life Pro on my PC Windows 7/64 + GeForce750 TI. OK. I insterted X-Life at my X-Plane/Resources/plugins/.
This software has limited numbers of airports and I am not able to create some Flight Route with other airports. X-Life write a fault. When I have been buying this software, I didn´t read some limitation as for the airports and ATC and flight routes.

Where is fault, pleaSE?

X-Life Guide doesn´t exist. No information about it.

90

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

alex.fromin wrote:

I bought a X-Life Pro on my PC Windows 7/64 + GeForce750 TI. OK. I insterted X-Life at my X-Plane/Resources/plugins/.
This software has limited numbers of airports and I am not able to create some Flight Route with other airports. X-Life write a fault. When I have been buying this software, I didn´t read some limitation as for the airports and ATC and flight routes.

Where is fault, pleaSE?

X-Life Guide doesn´t exist. No information about it.

Well, you are at the right forum. All the information is here.
Believe it or not but X-Plane has a limited number of airports, too. Everyone can create ATC Taxi Routes for airports not currently on the list and many users have done so. You just have to read the posts in this forum explaining exactly how to do it. It is a bit tricky but can be done.
I know starting out is tough but if you take the time to find the information you'll get the hang of it. If you have specific questions people will be able to help you.

iMac Retina 5K 27” (2015), Core i7 4GHz, OSX 10.13.2, 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52,  Saitek TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi Panel, ThrustMaster Cougar MFD,  XP 11.10, A320v3.2r1, A330v2.2rc1, XL v2.1b4, FM v2.6r1, GndHdg v200317, SMP4.5, RWCv1.1, FlyWithLua v2.6.5, 3jFPS-wizard, PythonInterface v2.73.06, NOAA Weather v2.4.1, XSaitekpanels v2.70, Xchecklist v1.28

91

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

I have created an X-Life taxiway layout for NZDN but when I select the Gates editor it does not display so I cannot create the NZDN.TXT file and define what runways are used. Also when I select the flight plan screen, X-Life displays "Please turn on traffic before" even though I have turned on X-Life.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers Mike
iMac 27" Mid 2011, MacOS Sierra v10.12.1, i5 Intel 3.1Ghz, 16GB RAM, AMD HD 6970M 1024MB - Logitech Extreme Pro, X-Plane 10.51

92

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

Please post the NZDN.dat file you are using. How could anyone possibly know what's wrong without that?

iMac Retina 5K 27” (2015), Core i7 4GHz, OSX 10.13.2, 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52,  Saitek TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi Panel, ThrustMaster Cougar MFD,  XP 11.10, A320v3.2r1, A330v2.2rc1, XL v2.1b4, FM v2.6r1, GndHdg v200317, SMP4.5, RWCv1.1, FlyWithLua v2.6.5, 3jFPS-wizard, PythonInterface v2.73.06, NOAA Weather v2.4.1, XSaitekpanels v2.70, Xchecklist v1.28

93 (edited by mruane 2016-09-24 09:32:06)

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

laohu314 wrote:

Please post the NZDN.dat file you are using. How could anyone possibly know what's wrong without that?

Thanks Iaohu314. Must have been half asleep when I posted. Attached is the NZDN.dat file and the Log.txt. Any assistance resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: It may help to know that NZDN does not publish a METAR! Could that be related to X-Life failing?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Log.txt 31.24 kb, 116 downloads since 2016-09-22 

Attachment icon NZDN.dat 1.97 kb, 63 downloads since 2016-09-22 

Cheers Mike
iMac 27" Mid 2011, MacOS Sierra v10.12.1, i5 Intel 3.1Ghz, 16GB RAM, AMD HD 6970M 1024MB - Logitech Extreme Pro, X-Plane 10.51

94 (edited by mruane 2016-10-12 09:03:30)

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

Still trying to get X-Life to work at NZDN!

Does anyone know what the minimum requirements are for an airport to be compatible with X-Life?
Does the airport need to have a METAR published?
Does the airport need SID's and STAR's?

Edit:
I have spent some more time with my issues at NZDN X-Life not working i.e. Gates editor will not appear and cannot lodge a flight plan. I created a taxiway dat file for NZQN (Queenstown NZ), which also does not publish a METAR (but like NZDN does have ATIS). NZQN works perfectly!  So the failure of NZDN is not METAR related. Both airports have STARs and SIDs. So I am currently still lost trying to understand why my NZDN keeps failing. My current assumption is that I have not created the DAT file correctly so I will try creating it again.

Edit:
I downloaded NZDN again and deleted my old scenery file replacing it with the new one and X-Life now works fine. I had made changes to NZDN i.e. adding Autogates and lights, perhaps that upset X-Life. Still the issue is now resolved.

Cheers Mike
iMac 27" Mid 2011, MacOS Sierra v10.12.1, i5 Intel 3.1Ghz, 16GB RAM, AMD HD 6970M 1024MB - Logitech Extreme Pro, X-Plane 10.51

95 (edited by joshloar10 2016-10-07 22:23:41)

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

What should I name a taxiline on the apron that is not labled?   as you can see on the chart...it is not labled but there are taxilines that connect the taxiways and the gates just not lettered

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 6eb3bf4643c41a037d1d9fdcc7a42c3c.png 70.29 kb, 19 downloads since 2016-10-07 

96 (edited by mruane 2016-10-10 08:22:14)

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

joshloar10 wrote:

What should I name a taxiline on the apron that is not labled?   as you can see on the chart...it is not labled but there are taxilines that connect the taxiways and the gates just not lettered

Joshloar10: Have a look around for the chart for the apron. There should be a chart that defines where the gates are on the apron and most likely the taxiways on the apron (and General Aviation).

Cheers Mike
iMac 27" Mid 2011, MacOS Sierra v10.12.1, i5 Intel 3.1Ghz, 16GB RAM, AMD HD 6970M 1024MB - Logitech Extreme Pro, X-Plane 10.51

97

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

Hello,

i have this message:
"Route node C_stop is within the runway's bounds but is not connected to the runway's taxiroute"

when i want export apt.dat with WED 1.5

Essentially when i make a pocket. It seem WED 1.5 don't accept the ATC's runway points when they are not exactly on the runway.

VOICECOMMANDER CREATOR. Free and PRO profiles available on https://xplane.amisinformatique.com/

Windows 10 64bits – 6 coeurs I7 4,5 GHz - SSD – 32Go RAM – nVidia GTX Titan X 12Go – X-Plane 11 - A320 Neo Jardesign – A330 Jardesign - A350 FF - B777 FF - B767 FF - B757 V2 FF - Rotate MD80 - B737 IXEG - GH Deluxe - FollowMe - X-Life Deluxe

98

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

J.A.Romanov wrote:

6.Place "aircraft" symbol (parking position) where Nose of aircraft should be. Use "doubleway" taxiline for taxiIn-pushOut stands/Gates
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/22/t/p1a9nmuv9210kn1hkd1u1fg0137g3.jpg

7.For TaxiIn-TaxiOut stands, Use "oneway" taxiline as Enter, Place Park position at the end, leave some space (2-3 m), draw "oneway" exit taxilene.
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/22/t/p1a9nn6csm1g2vls0iepmov182eb.jpg

8.Use similar solution for runways with "pocket-like" turn at the end.
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/22/t/p1a9nn8dljugq1hagev91ajk1pcfj.jpg

i am having big problems with the turn on the end of the runway sad the planes drive to the end and just turn on the grass and takeoff

99

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

Sloboda wrote:

Hello,

i have this message:
"Route node C_stop is within the runway's bounds but is not connected to the runway's taxiroute"

when i want export apt.dat with WED 1.5

Essentially when i make a pocket. It seem WED 1.5 don't accept the ATC's runway points when they are not exactly on the runway.


WED 1.5 is not supported yet so it's necessary to stick with 1.41 for the time being.

iMac Retina 5K 27” (2015), Core i7 4GHz, OSX 10.13.2, 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52,  Saitek TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi Panel, ThrustMaster Cougar MFD,  XP 11.10, A320v3.2r1, A330v2.2rc1, XL v2.1b4, FM v2.6r1, GndHdg v200317, SMP4.5, RWCv1.1, FlyWithLua v2.6.5, 3jFPS-wizard, PythonInterface v2.73.06, NOAA Weather v2.4.1, XSaitekpanels v2.70, Xchecklist v1.28

100

Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

I see some disturbing occurrences at diverse certified airports.
1. For example EYVI: AI aircraft taxi on grass instead on taxiways.
2. FM - Car escorting aircraft not on taxi ways and sometimes through fields not on taxi routes
3. For example EDDC: After landing and exiting runway another AI aircraft is rolling in opposite
I don't know if it is the responsibility of JAR or the airport developers to check , process information and correct data.
My suggestion is to publish all occurrences in lists of airports publishing them in this thread as developer help. If we don't do this, we will stuck forever at this beta stage (and I think that XL is still at this stage just because of those occurrences )

X-Plane 11.10r3 | iMac27 OSX High Sierra 10.13.1,  4 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB memory AMD radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB | Saitek equipment | Plugins: GndHandling , RWC , SMP , SoundM, X-Life , TerrainRadar, BetterPushback, AutoGate  |   iPad 12.9, iPad Air 9.7  | Airliner: JAR A320neo/A330, FF A350XWB, FF B767, SSG B747-8 inter, http://ilankrt1.blogspot.co.il