Re: How to Create ATC-taxiroutes using WED. Rules, features.

Good day,
yes this is good setting and set aircraft density % at 75 % so you have enough aircraft on radar and moving any more to much and the CTD's happen and then you also freeze frame so 45-75% good #'s so this work on a Mac.
B.

captbullett wrote:

Good day,
yes this is good setting and set aircraft density % at 75 % so you have enough aircraft on radar and moving any more to much and the CTD's happen and then you also freeze frame so 45-75% good #'s so this work on a Mac.
B.

You are right, but I love the feeling of crowded airport, I always set the density on 150:)

28 (edited by Sloboda 2016-03-04 21:54:48)

Hello Seraphim,

if you want, i prefere write on JAR forum cause my english is not very good. I am most good for write.

I hope you understand and i really send many thanks to you for your help.

I have not already find how to connect marker... Poor me !

VOICECOMMANDER CREATOR. Free and PRO profiles available on https://xplane.amisinformatique.com/

Windows 10 64bits – 6 coeurs I7 4,5 GHz - SSD – 32Go RAM – nVidia GTX Titan X 12Go – X-Plane 11 - A320 Neo Jardesign – A330 Jardesign - A350 FF - B777 FF - B767 FF - B757 V2 FF - Rotate MD80 - B737 IXEG - GH Deluxe - FollowMe - X-Life Deluxe

Hi Sloboda

You must draw a taxi-line from the main taxi route to each of the ramp-start points.  The end of the taxi line should be connected to the + symbol at the center of the start point.

What's happening when you have airplanes but they don't move, is that the aircraft aren't on the taxi network, so they don't know how to get where they're going.  By connecting all start-points with a taxi line the aircraft are connected to the network.

Hello guys,

thank you very very much for your help !! I' m start to be good... lol... Perhaps !

I have make ATC Routes for LFPO (Paris Orly)
Scenery: http://xpfr.org/?body=scene_accueil&sc=106

Sure, there's error again but that's going...

I have see a big problem, i have see a plane not roll on the center of a runway for take off but perhaps it was an X-Life's bug

I will see..

Now, thanks to you, i have a lot of planes on gates and ramps AND THEY MOVE !!!

The very BIG problem now, i can't use ATC cause airport is not validate. When i send the flight plan, always say alternate airport is not valid.
I'm fed up !

Thank you again.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon LFPO.dat 62.21 kb, 404 downloads since 2016-03-05 

VOICECOMMANDER CREATOR. Free and PRO profiles available on https://xplane.amisinformatique.com/

Windows 10 64bits – 6 coeurs I7 4,5 GHz - SSD – 32Go RAM – nVidia GTX Titan X 12Go – X-Plane 11 - A320 Neo Jardesign – A330 Jardesign - A350 FF - B777 FF - B767 FF - B757 V2 FF - Rotate MD80 - B737 IXEG - GH Deluxe - FollowMe - X-Life Deluxe

31 (edited by Freddy De Pues NAPS 2016-03-10 13:12:59)

Y'all need a real tutorial on how to create X-Life airports. The video emphasizes on WED ATC, we know how to do that. The create gates part is not really explained, we need a step by step tutorial, in writing, like:

First, export your airport apt.dat with ATC taxi to the X-Life plugin folder (airports)
It will generate a file called apt.dat, name it i.e KTLH.dat (????????????)
Add your airport's.dat to the airport.txt (?????????????)

XL: 38 : JARDesign plugin: /Users/freddydepues/Desktop/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/X-Life/Metar/KTLH.TXT file updated.
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: X-Life}==--

1) When opening XP, make sure you have real weather checked. (not sure about that, just guessing)
2) Turn on the X-Life plugin using the plugin menu
3) Open the gate creator (in my case XP crashes, I guess, I'm doing something wrong)

XL: 141 : JARDesign plugin: /Users/freddydepues/Desktop/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/X-Life/Metar/KTLH.TXT file updated.
--=={This application has crashed!}==--

Also, do we need to keep ATC flows in WED? Keep it, X-Life will override it?

It took me a while before I found this very useful doc (see attachment)

Freddy De Pues NAPS

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 7.50.11 AM.png 94.83 kb, 163 downloads since 2016-03-10 

Freddy De Pues
NAPS North Atlantic & Pacific Sceneries
LakeWood Ranch, Sarasota-Bradenton, Florida

Freddy De Pues NAPS wrote:

Y'all need a real tutorial on how to create X-Life airports. The video emphasizes on WED ATC, we know how to do that. The create gates part is not really explained, we need a step by step tutorial, in writing, like:

First, export your airport apt.dat with ATC taxi to the X-Life plugin folder (airports)
It will generate a file called apt.dat, name it i.e KTLH.dat (????????????)
Add your airport's.dat to the airport.txt (?????????????)

XL: 38 : JARDesign plugin: /Users/freddydepues/Desktop/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/X-Life/Metar/KTLH.TXT file updated.
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: X-Life}==--

1) When opening XP, make sure you have real weather checked. (not sure about that, just guessing)
2) Turn on the X-Life plugin using the plugin menu
3) Open the gate creator (in my case XP crashes, I guess, I'm doing something wrong)

XL: 141 : JARDesign plugin: /Users/freddydepues/Desktop/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/X-Life/Metar/KTLH.TXT file updated.
--=={This application has crashed!}==--

Also, do we need to keep ATC flows in WED? Keep it, X-Life will override it?

It took me a while before I found this very useful doc (see attachment)

Freddy De Pues NAPS

Good day,
Yes I just woke up from a good sleep from chemo and I am refreshed sometimes I need to re-charge my batteries
so, these questions JAR needs to answer and the two of you need to Skype to get all the details and this is what I want to happen so we get the X-Life plugin in line with the scenery developers all-ready doing scenery.
as everyone knows Freddy De Pues NAPS is one of the top scenery developers and to have his help on the project not only will help very much but will add legitimacy to the project and I am very happy that he has taken his time to look at the project and given his input and is looking to put X-Life into his scenery packs.

Thank-you so very much,
Freddy De Pues NAPS

Your friend,
Brian Helip,
captbullett
Beta tester X-Life

Evgeny, could you please explane how X-Life choosing taxiways?

For example: I have a plane sitting on park 40 on UMMS, then plane star moving to RW31. The logical variant will be TW K, F, L. But plane moving by TW D, C, L (across main apron). Then I moved TW F in the top in WED, and plane starts using TW F as preferable.

Also question about FMCar, X-Life's planes rolling directly by taxiways (first wheel on taxiway), but FMCar is cutting corners and moving by far from center line on long taxiways (see pictures as example). The same UMMS.dat/UMMS.txt are used.

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/1313/t/p1ae6p154q1h101ifej7e5rk1d934.jpg
http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/1313/t/p1ae6p154qtch129hpk8ntr1ofn3.jpg

34 (edited by SirOTheOne 2016-03-27 16:37:15)

Hi to all,

can anyone explain me, how to create a atc route with allows ONLY to approach via a specific runway direction, departing is allowed in both directions.

in europe i know some airports which only allow departing and approaching in different directions. eg. LZIB departing 13/31 and 04/22, approaching ONLY 31 and 22.

needed for x-life

iMac i7 4GHz (late 2015) 27" 24 GB, macOS Mojave 10.14.5, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096MB
XPlane 11.34, FM, X-Life, GroundHandling, about 50 payware aircrafts

I revised 2 airports KEGE&KSAN last week. they all work fine with X-Life.

and one question to my mind, is it compatible with X-Plane 10 default traffic? or Can I ask for each airport that we want to work with X-Life, they all need to be customized ATC routes?

SirOTheOne wrote:

Hi to all,

can anyone explain me, how to create a atc route with allows ONLY to approach via a specific runway direction, departing is allowed in both directions.

in europe i know some airports which only allow departing and approaching in different directions. eg. LZIB departing 13/31 and 04/22, approaching ONLY 31 and 22.

needed for x-life

"selection parameters" in WED

cpuwolf wrote:
SirOTheOne wrote:

Hi to all,

needed for x-life

Which "Selection parameters" ? -> ATC routes -> arrival - departure - ils . if you mean this, i also tried, but nothing happens

iMac i7 4GHz (late 2015) 27" 24 GB, macOS Mojave 10.14.5, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096MB

SirOTheOne wrote:
cpuwolf wrote:
SirOTheOne wrote:

Hi to all,

needed for x-life

Which "Selection parameters" ? -> ATC routes -> arrival - departure - ils . if you mean this, i also tried, but nothing happens

Oh, you cannot decide which runway to use. actually you are asking x-life algorithm

39 (edited by ssemmartin 2016-03-30 16:09:20)

TKurzweg wrote:

Dear Mr. Romanov, first I would like to say congratulation for this Beta Plug-In !!!
You're on the right way I think. Fly and testing every day, create ATC-Routes for my custom airports.
My question: Is it possible to create an ATC-Route for an airport with runway 08L/26R for arrivals and
runway 08R/26L only for departures ??? Try everything but X-Life ignored this !

Thx for answer and greetings, Thomas

Hi. I didn´t check the plugin yet, and I´m not pretty sure if X-Life avoid the custom airport flows. Wed allows you to create runway rules. It works perfect, but not sure if it maintains the rules while X-life is working.

40 (edited by newmind 2016-04-02 07:13:56)

Hi, just a question about holding points: x-life read as holding point te last point before runway, but in certain situation it's not possible to link with one straight line that point with the runway. is there a way to do that?

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/1386/t/p1afat3t2dmqh1odj1ju81jd43vv3.jpg

For ver beta 9.3 and hi, you can try to use this solution. Red should be mark as Runway with the same name as main runway. Green - taxiway line.

http://jardesign.org/forum/img/m/22/t/p1afbe91qi1pqi138ae8n1b0s1kjc3.jpg

Please read a FAQ before you post a bug http://support.jardesign.org

J.A.Romanov wrote:

For ver beta 9.3 and hi, you can try to use this solution. Red should be mark as Runway with the same name as main runway. Green - taxiway line.

Yes it works!!! Now the planes stop at the right position.

newmind wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:

Yes it works!!! Now the planes stop at the right position.

+1

Hmm, I thought that didn't work. As my airport did crash all the time if I did this.

Vantskruv wrote:

Hmm, I thought that didn't work. As my airport did crash all the time if I did this.

I have done this on some airports as well without problems. I am fairly sure this would not be the cause for a crash but then again, who knows, there maybe combinations of conditions that can precipitate a crash

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

Yep, there was something else wrong.

47 (edited by laohu314 2016-04-06 17:54:41)

while we are at it. I adapted the ATC routes for KMIA from the Payware Drzewiecki-Miami. Even FM car wouldn't recognize them. Any idea why? The airport does have ATC flow rules and wind rules.

iMac5K 27” (2015), i7 4GHz, OSX 10.14.6, 32GB, AMD M395X 4096MB, Saitek X52, TPM, Radio, Switch & Multi, TM MFD, XP11.35r1, FFA320v0.11.2-2305, ToLiSs A319 v1.3.3, JDA320 v3.4r1, JDA330 v3.2r1, XL v4_250719, FM v2.6r2,  GndHdg v.4.010719, Air Plugin v4.8.3,  FWL 2.7.19, 3jFPS-wizard, PI v2.73.06, NOAA v2.4.4, XSPs v2.75, XCL v1.37, BPB v0.47, SAM 1.1.0

48 (edited by SirOTheOne 2016-04-09 07:57:28)

J.A.Romanov wrote:

i have tried it many times in several version on LZIB, but every time i got a CTD

versions:
1. name it like the main runway -> CTD
2. name it like the taxiway -> CTD
3. one point before runway -> CTD
4. two points before runway -> CTD

i don´t know how you did it, to get it working without CTD

a hp is a point, ONE point before runway, or is there another definition (algorithm?)

I´m also a developer and app designer on objC, c++ and other languages, but creating atc routes doesn´t work like it should (look at video and other how to´s)

ps: it´s frustrating to build atc routes for airports without success -> only CTDs and i don´t know why

on some airports it works perfect, other airports (with complicated taxi- and runways) are the hell to build routes

SirOTheOne wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:

i have tried it many times in several version on LZIB, but every time i got a CTD

versions:

a hp is a point, ONE point before runway, or is there another definition (algorithm?)

I´m also a developer and app designer on objC, c++ and other languages, but creating atc routes doesn´t work like it should (look at video and other how to´s)

ps: it´s frustrating to build atc routes for airports without success -> only CTDs and i don´t know why

on some airports it works perfect, other airports (with complicated taxi- and runways) are the hell to build routes

Tried your version of LZIB for 1 hour but no CTD...(i'm on win10 x-plane 10.45)
anyway the holding points have some trouble in many airports!!!
I'm using the red line as suggested in the picture but in that way the planes stop at the HP but then freeze waiting for an aircraft that doesn't exist.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon LIPE.dat 19.29 kb, 288 downloads since 2016-04-09 

newmind wrote:
SirOTheOne wrote:
J.A.Romanov wrote:

versions:

Tried your version of LZIB for 1 hour but no CTD...(i'm on win10 x-plane 10.45)
anyway the holding points have some trouble in many airports!!!
I'm using the red line as suggested in the picture but in that way the planes stop at the HP but then freeze waiting for an aircraft that doesn't exist.

as you see at LZIB the hp on rwy 33 is not correct (uploaded version, that you have tested) - so i changed the routes between hp 33 and the rwy to the version as you did it -> CTDs