Re: ver 2.5 beta 1 WIN/MAC 64 bit

good day,
just telling JAR you have an issue will not help him fix what is going on with your aircraft but if you send him a log.txt and the bbox.txt and the bbox will give him a lot more data that you know on the flight since he can replicate your flight with it. and then give you good data to help you. but saying this what I see I am going to take a stab at it and ask if you nav data is up to date for the first question. as I see you must know what you are doing since you fly on-line... but, sometime I cannot see the Forrest for the trees... so lets start there and if that is up to date then re-start your computer and XP.. and see if you get a change in the way it behaves...
captbullett

tngarner wrote:

First great improvement.  Plane flies really well.

It seems that you fixed the issue I was having with STARs going into a few places.

The only issue I am having is that the FMS will only to fly over waypoints. Most are and the appropriate procedure is to fly by (anticipate the turn). So the plane does two to there turns to get back on course, instead of just  one.

This is probably not an issue for many but I fly on an online service that is really picky and I cannot fly this plane on there yet. Some of us have and the controller just gets irritated with us. Be awesome if that could get fixed.

Thanks!!

captbullett wrote:

good day,
just telling JAR you have an issue will not help him fix what is going on with your aircraft but if you send him a log.txt and the bbox.txt and the bbox will give him a lot more data that you know on the flight since he can replicate your flight with it. and then give you good data to help you. but saying this what I see I am going to take a stab at it and ask if you nav data is up to date for the first question. as I see you must know what you are doing since you fly on-line... but, sometime I cannot see the Forrest for the trees... so lets start there and if that is up to date then re-start your computer and XP.. and see if you get a change in the way it behaves...
captbullett

Log files are not an issue.  I can do a flight and get those anytime and will do so after my next one.

Reboot and all has been done but not necessarily relevant in this case as the issue is reproducible in JAR aircraft and not in others.

NAV data is always up to date within a few days of the cycle coming out and part of the check list to check in Sim each flight or things get ugly if you are flying the wrong SID/STAR.

So the real issue is, ATC in the real world expects you to only fly over those points that are noted on the chart (way point symbol with a circle around it - I am assuming that follows the ICAO symboligy but have not done the research to confirm).  If you look at the AIM it gives you a good description in Section 2 on page 1-2-1.  You will notice on most approaches and en route charts most points are fly-by.  AIM =  https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publica … -03-14.pdf

So the issue is in tight airspace if you do a fly-over you very well may be in another airports approach or departure corridor before you get back on course.

Here is my log and bbox from last flight. The descent problem occours ever in this route.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon bbox_log.txt 6.6 kb, 417 downloads since 2015-09-21 

Attachment icon Log.txt 60.04 kb, 455 downloads since 2015-09-21 

BIG improvement in auto flight stability & behavior - thank you!

No stability problems here Win7 64 XP10.36

Five flights including one GNSS/LNAV/VNAV approach to minimums in managed mode - perfect execution!

Biggest Problem as noted above:

The only issue I am having is that the FMS will only to fly over waypoints. Most are and the appropriate procedure is to fly by (anticipate the turn). So the plane does two to there turns to get back on course, instead of just  one.

This is probably not an issue for many but I fly on an online service that is really picky and I cannot fly this plane on there yet. Some of us have and the controller just gets irritated with us. Be awesome if that could get fixed.

Same here - I wouldn't even take this to the "easier" online ATC environments - could be miles off course making "P" turns like a drunk trying to get back to course on SID.  Will get scolded or laughed at by ATC anywhere.  It just starts the turns waaay too late (flyover logic not flyby).

This problem also affects DIR - you really have to point it at the waypont with HDG SEL before INSERTing or it will wander about trying to get on course.

Also still really, really annoying:

1) Can't enter CRZ level in INIT page until FPL populated or CRZ TO HIGH error (unless CRZ level really low?)

2) DIR page does not allow DIR to next active waypoint - So I am on leg "A" > "B" - ATC says fly HDG XXX to get around traffic or weather then back DIRECT "B" - I have to use HDG SEL to aim back at "B" then enter DIR there by actually retyping the fix identifier in the DIR page because it's dropped off the menu.

3) Been said many times but if I may add my voice - the ability to enter working waypoint speed constraints into the MCDU is very important to those of us that fly online.  I know you've been (sometimes quite harshly) beaten up about this all over the forums etc. and I don't want to pile on but it's a big deal to many in the community.

Also but not as annoying:

- Alt constraints entered in Vdev page only accepts in ft not FL (ie must be 11000 not FL110 or 110)

- Airways entry is still only one airway at a time - very cumbersome

This use would much rather see you spend you time on these issues that cockpit textures etc. etc. :-)

Thanks again for opening this up as public beta - big improvement!

Im am flying online in IVAO during 6 years on all versions of our planes without issues. In any time you have many ways to follow ATC commands.

56 (edited by Mad Mat 2015-09-22 11:29:13)

Ok, again pressure problem reported.

After I started descend to MROC (from SKCL) all went well, till almost 16000 ft when suddenly the screen begun to fade to black.
I checked instruments but no pressure problem was detected, and cabin altitude was correctly set around 3300ft.

Logs attached.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon bbox_log.txt 7.9 kb, 404 downloads since 2015-09-22 

Attachment icon Log.txt 858.22 kb, 447 downloads since 2015-09-22 

57 (edited by AdrianoN 2015-09-22 18:12:16)

I don't have pressure problem, but my only problem is the incapacity of following correctly the turns, most the sharp turns, during the SID or STARS. Does anyone here have this issue too?

love the new beta working well fps solid on mac which is nice to see very pleased

Great work Jar, I only cannot get rid of this annoying shake. Clear weather, no turbulence. Addons plugins removed, running XP 10.40 last rc. Thanks.
https://youtu.be/GWwwoM-1NrE

Mad Mat wrote:

Ok, again pressure problem reported.

After I started descend to MROC (from SKCL) all went well, till almost 16000 ft when suddenly the screen begun to fade to black.
I checked instruments but no pressure problem was detected, and cabin altitude was correctly set around 3300ft.

Logs attached.

This is becouse you are using 10.40

crisk73 wrote:

Great work Jar, I only cannot get rid of this annoying shake. Clear weather, no turbulence. Addons plugins removed, running XP 10.40 last rc. Thanks.

And you. Each new beta is a new adventure

while continually descending the route on the screen disappears. Once MCDU generally resets the current program, I had to re-route to drive and configure

X-Plane 10.36 Stable

dron420 wrote:
crisk73 wrote:

And you. Each new beta is a new adventure

I know it's advised not to use xp betas to test this acft, but the last rc are not early betas, they're almost stable releases and 10.40 is going to be the standard now. Why shouldn't the new 2.5 work well with it, we should forget about 10.36 from now on.. Its past.
Thank you for your efforts to make the plane better. My 2 cents.

Tried to load company route from text file.  Loads OK and I get ICAO OK message in MCDU.  All waypoints are visible and correct in F-PLN.  When I go to the departure page, select and INSERT departure runway and SID all the waypoints in the original route after the first airway (including the destination) are deleted and the MCDU crashes (CRZ ALT erased and can't re-enter anything).  Duplicated X 3 attempts.  Only way to fly was to reset everything by manually entering DEP/ARR ICAOs in INIT then entering route maunally in MCDU.

I Tried a flight last night with the new Beta. Overall impression was positive. It appeared the plane was predicting turns better than before and did a much better job of staying on course than the previous 2.4 beta. That part surprised me because that wasn't listed in the release notes.

I did run into a couple of issues which I have been unable to figure out why it happened:
- A320 Ver 2.5 Beta 1
- Windows 10 (64-bit)
- X-Plane 10.40 rc 3 (I know - Beta version)
- Latest 1510 Airac from Navigraph

Route:  KMCI ROYAL7 TONCE DCT DSM J144 DBQ V341 OSH V9 GRB KGRB
Altitude: FL350

Issue 1 - Transition Selection
-------------------------------
My first issue started on the ground. When selecting the SID ROYAL7. After programming the route, and filling in all of the performance data, I returned to the F-PLN page and selected KMCI at the top. I then clicked on Departure. I select Runway 19L, then ROYAL7, No VIA, then select TONCE transition.

I received an immediate notice on the MCDU "KGRB deleted from FLT PLN". When I look through the flight plan, it's obvious that selecting the transition, removed a good portion of it. I then returned to the INIT screen, re-entered the entire flight plan, re-selected the SID, but selected NO TRANSITION. This resulted in no messages, but I needed to enter a few waypoints for the transition manually.

Issue 2 - Flying VOR Radial
---------------------------
The ROYAL7 departure is a vector departure. The TONCE transition is depicted on the chart as flying the 360-degree outbound radial of the MCI VOR. I set the Radios on the MCDU as Manual and I tuned the MCI VOR (113.25) into NAV 1. I set the course for 360-degrees. After departure, I vectored myself around a little bit and once North of the field, I had the autopilot fly a heading of 330-degrees to intercept the 360 radial out of MCI. I pressed the LOC button and had the display in ROSE VOR mode.

As I got closer to intercept, the course started to center on the display. The plane should have turned to the right to fly the 360-degree course out of MCI, but instead it turned to the left. It appeared to be trying to fly the course 180-degrees in the wrong direction (or fly direct to the MCI VOR). I verified my instruments multiple times and couldn't figure out why it was doing what it was. I had to turn off the autopilot and fly manually to re-intercept the course. Once on course, I used the MCDU DIRECT feature to get to my first waypoint.

Issue 3 - Hold In Lieu of Proceudre Turn
------------------------------------------
When arriving in KGRB, I was attempting to perform the RNAV(GPS) 18   approach from the SHOOD fix. In order to do this approach, you need to perform a Hold at ANEPE. I programmed the hold using the Calculated method. I kept the default 1/4, right turns and inbound course of 182-degrees and it displayed with a strange path. If I press CLR and then click on one of the DECEL waypoints in the MCDU, the flight path seems to clear up.

I entered the hold perfectly and the plane flew the first turn exactly as required. It then flew the 002-degree outbound course as expected. It then turned to the right exactly as expected. At the end of the Outbound end as it should have continued flying the 182-degree heading to ANEPE but instead, at the end of the right turn, it suddenly started turning to the left. It appeared to all of a sudden decide to do a left hand hold. I haven't been able to determine why.

I am going to try and re-create the flight again, and will take a few screenshots of where things went wrong. I was caught off guard during the flight and didn't think to take screen shots along the way. I will also report back with a log.txt and bbox_log.txt of the 2nd flight.

I'm not an airline pilot so I could absolutely be doing something completely wrong in my approach. I've got over 30 hours in the JAR A320 2.4 b4 version although this departure and arrival is a little different than anything else I've flown with the aircraft.

Good day,
where were you flying to KLAX/KJFK PANC/RJAA it would help if we knew what route you were trying to load/ maybe a log.txt to see what is going on...
you might already have had an answer to your question my friend,
thank-you.
captbullett

zrcx wrote:

Tried to load company route from text file.  Loads OK and I get ICAO OK message in MCDU.  All waypoints are visible and correct in F-PLN.  When I go to the departure page, select and INSERT departure runway and SID all the waypoints in the original route after the first airway (including the destination) are deleted and the MCDU crashes (CRZ ALT erased and can't re-enter anything).  Duplicated X 3 attempts.  Only way to fly was to reset everything by manually entering DEP/ARR ICAOs in INIT then entering route maunally in MCDU.

Didn't try anything fancy, flew a short flight from KSAN to KSNA at FL100. 

I think first you need to decide if you're close enough to 10K feet to be able to up the speed.  At 10K, I was locked down to 250kts.  I changed to 10100 and then it moved the speed up a bit.

Ailerons are constantly adjusting up/down, looking at the wing it looks funny.

Ground steering is awkward.  If I use the tiller AND the pedal at the same time the nose wheel spins all the way around.  I don't think they should be additive.  Pedal switch disables nose wheel steering from both tiller and pedal.

FO did not announce "we are close to top of descent".

FO did not announce "power set" when FLEX engaged.

Do engines spool up/down so much at cruise?  I don't recall ever hearing that in flight.  Is there a way to average somehow or make smaller adjustments rather than what seems like full throttle then idle then full, etc.

Pedal steering was EXTREMELY sensitive...but rudder control in flight was fine.

Good job guys...it's getting better!  Your efforts are appreciated!  smile

Hi, I noticed another problem: fuel consumption. It seems that with X-Plane 10.40rc3 the fuel usage is wrong...the aircraft consumes more that it should, almost 2/3 more. I cannot say if is a 10.40 problem or a A320 problem...but it is present.

Thanks

Mad Mat wrote:

Hi, I noticed another problem: fuel consumption. It seems that with X-Plane 10.40rc3 the fuel usage is wrong...the aircraft consumes more that it should, almost 2/3 more. I cannot say if is a 10.40 problem or a A320 problem...but it is present.

Thanks

Did you open and save the acf file in plane-maker above 10.36?

I re-flew the same route tonight as a test flight. I ended up with the exact same results on departure. I can not get the plane to fly a VOR course even after setting the MCDU radios to Manual.

Here are some images for illustration purposes. The flight data is all contained in my earlier post:

After selecting SID ROYAL7 with a Transition of TONCE, I get an error:
http://i.imgur.com/3Y5fIXW.jpg

Review of flight plan shows many waypoints deleted and an obvious issue with arrival airport as distance is 0:
http://i.imgur.com/Pw56ztt.jpg

Departure on PFD:
http://i.imgur.com/R1SWie4.jpg

Trying to fly VOR Outbound Radial 360 from MCI (113.25) Radios are tuned like the following. Note that I tried course 360 on last flight and course 0 tonight. Thought at last minute that course may not accept 360.
http://i.imgur.com/VEvEXwV.jpg

PFD set to ROSE VOR mode on ground. VOR is picking up and course line is shown correctly:
http://i.imgur.com/2mtUIaW.jpg

In flight going to a heading of 330 to intercept the 360 radial. LOC armed, just waiting for intercept:
http://i.imgur.com/pCPzlJU.jpg

Note LOC goes green and then turns to the left instead of to the right as expected:
http://i.imgur.com/wRAkBTB.jpg

I let the plane fly to try and figure out what it was doing.... this is the result:
http://i.imgur.com/CILX9RM.png
http://i.imgur.com/0L3YFyA.png

If anyone can help with how to fly a radial off of a VOR correctly on departure, I'd appreciate some help. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure out what.

Of note: I loaded up a Carenado Baron right after and was able to fly the 360-Radial out of MCI without error. It intercepted from a 330 heading perfectly so it doesn't appear the issue is with the MCI VOR itself.

I did not get to test the hold which I had trouble with on my last flight as I spent so much time trying to figure out how to properly fly a VOR radial.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon bbox_log.txt 4.93 kb, 396 downloads since 2015-09-24 

Attachment icon Log.txt 87.97 kb, 623 downloads since 2015-09-24 

dron420 wrote:

Im am flying online in IVAO during 6 years on all versions of our planes without issues. In any time you have many ways to follow ATC commands.

That's great that you can operate the plane manually without issues, unfortunately that is not the problem we are talking about.  We're talking about the rnav path through SID/STARs.  The path just doesn't follow the procedure correctly. 

tngarner wrote:

So the real issue is, ATC in the real world expects you to only fly over those points that are noted on the chart (way point symbol with a circle around it - I am assuming that follows the ICAO symboligy but have not done the research to confirm).  If you look at the AIM it gives you a good description in Section 2 on page 1-2-1.  You will notice on most approaches and en route charts most points are fly-by.  AIM =  https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publica … -03-14.pdf

So the issue is in tight airspace if you do a fly-over you very well may be in another airports approach or departure corridor before you get back on course.

This is an issue for sure. ^

I also have noticed that there are NO fly-by points.  The navdata should contain information that deciphers fly-by or fly-over points.  This FMC only does fly-over which can cause problems (especially with sharp turns.)  It would be great if when you put the plane on rnav, you were somewhat confident it's going to follow the SID/STAR properly.

Good day,
I am using 10.40r3 I did not save acf file in plane-maker but did not notice any issue with FC and in fact on a route PANC YSSY I had to dump fuel since I did not have a fuel plan and estimated I needed 78,000kg and it was more along the lines of 55,000kg usage ... 
captbullett

Homer.Simpson wrote:
Mad Mat wrote:

Thanks

The most important issue that we are currently facing is the inability of flying correctly the SID and STARS. At the moment, I'm using X plane 10.36.

Homer.Simpson wrote:
Mad Mat wrote:

Thanks

Mmmm...probably yes...i played with control forces may be...i'll try to revert to original version.

I did the same "mistake" and saved my air busses in planemaker above 10.36 and the fuel consumption was very high again. So make your changes in PM version 10.36 and you don't have problems with fuel consumption anymore.